Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones use Finnish guitars
Posted by: Matti ()
Date: May 31, 2008 14:07

In Finnish: [www.hs.fi]

Ronnie Wood has bought eight guitars and Keith Richards two guitars from this Finnish guy. His name is Kari Nieminen and he makes guitars in Helsinki. His guitars have been praised in Guitar Player. Also Roger Daltrey has used these guitars. Nieminen makes all kinds of models from acoustic to electric guitars.

Re: Rolling Stones use Finnish guitars
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 31, 2008 14:13

Looks cool - if that's what they were after.

Date: May 31, 2008 14:36

Another funny translation, lol

[209.85.135.104]

The Rolling Stones, the band's Ronnie Wood has bought his eight guitar and Keith Richards two.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-31 14:42 by open-g.

Date: May 31, 2008 14:41

Time well-48-age Kari Nieminen, who will make only a forty year, the guitar, office, the Helsinki Pitäjänmäen.

before the year 1994 set up Versoul, the company imported a loaf of bread. >grinning smiley<

"In January 1995 I went to the Los Angeles-NAM fairs guitars, and I got the head open in the United States.

grinning smiley

Date: May 31, 2008 16:23

It looks like that guitar Keith was playing in the "Anybody Seen My Baby" video.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 31, 2008 16:33

>> It looks like that guitar Keith was playing in the "Anybody Seen My Baby" video. <<

that was a National Town & Country, though, with six controls in a row,
like goofy-lookin overcoat buttons :E

are there any photos of Keith's Versouls?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-31 16:34 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Matti ()
Date: May 31, 2008 17:11

There is a longer article in the paper version of Helsingin Sanomat. Roger Daltrey met Kari Nieminen in Los Angeles and got exited about these guitars. Daltrey recommended Nieminen to Rolling Stones guitar tech Alan Rogan. Rogan told Ronnie Wood about Versouls. Later Ronnie even invited Nieminen to his Richmond home. The home was like a castle, says Nieminen. "I gave Ronnie a guitar as a present when he turned 60, becouse he is such a good customer". Ronnie also invited Nieminen backstage when the Rolling Stones played in Helsinki in 2007. "We spent 13 hours there and the guitar techs showed us all the equipment. Keith Richards had the largest room in the backstage area. "It was like if it was his home. There was a training space for a complete band with little amplifiers. Johnny Cash poster was on the wall and there was also a cardboard figure of Elvis. Hank Williams was playing from the stereos and there was a snooker table as well."

Two special 10-string guitars were ordered for Keith. "It´s like a 12-string guitar but without two lowest stings. He plays them in open tuning." Ronnie uses Versoul guitars a lot during shows. Whether or not Keith has used them on stage is unclear.

Nieminen has made two special guitars for Billy Gibbons that will soon be presented in the Guitarist magazine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-31 17:13 by Matti.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2760
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home