Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 13
Re: Capitol Theatre Aberdeen 1982
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 30, 2008 18:22

what will come first?

world peace and an end to hunger and disease, or Aberdeen '82 ?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 30, 2008 19:56

Live!
open-g
I'll start with the project...

Are you going on a long vacation away from home (or job travelling) in the near future?

Only if Keith calls, or rather faxes me....

Adrian-L
what will come first?

world peace and an end to hunger and disease, or Aberdeen '82 ?

...to join him on a world peace tour, to end hunger and desease - then, Aberdeen would have to wait. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 30, 2008 20:05

Hey great that you're taking care of it, open-g. Just don't forget to make proper edits and guitar/vocaloverdubs before upping it

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: October 30, 2008 21:09

open-g
The material will be sent over to me.
I'll start with the project as soon as the snail mail arrives.

What does snail mail mean? A bunch of snails with a coach behind them?

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Date: October 30, 2008 21:20

Greg
open-g
The material will be sent over to me.
I'll start with the project as soon as the snail mail arrives.

What does snail mail mean? A bunch of snails with a coach behind them?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-31 17:02 by open-g.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 31, 2008 12:21

Hmmm.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: October 31, 2008 17:45

What about an upload of the non speed corrected version?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 31, 2008 18:29

I've just sent it to Open G -I just can't find the time to do it properly.

Mathijs

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: November 6, 2008 17:57

news ??

Date: November 6, 2008 17:57

straycat58
news ??

America has a new President, apparently.

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: November 6, 2008 18:12

Aberdeen is like Bigfoot, some people claim to have seen it. But when asked for proof it never seems to materalize. winking smiley

Date: November 6, 2008 18:34

StonesBlake
Aberdeen is like Bigfoot, some people claim to have seen it. But when asked for proof it never seems to materalize. winking smiley

It exists! I am a believer!

Mathijs

Date: November 6, 2008 18:41

Mathijs, please check your email.

...uhm.....

Date: November 6, 2008 20:01

open-g?

Have the discs arrived yet? Is there a problem with the discs?

Are you fokkers stalling to make some trades using the Aberdeen gig? If so, hope you get something good out of it!? >grinning smiley<

I should just have sent the bloody discs to Gazza! grinning smiley

Date: November 6, 2008 20:07

Haha, yeah yeah - we're gonna be rich & famous...

bur seriously, if you shoot me an email I can tell you.

Date: November 6, 2008 20:40

His Majesty
open-g?

Have the discs arrived yet? Is there a problem with the discs?

Are you fokkers stalling to make some trades using the Aberdeen gig? If so, hope you get something good out of it!? >grinning smiley<

I should just have sent the bloody discs to Gazza! grinning smiley

No worry mate, no intentional stalling here!

Mathijs

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 6, 2008 21:53

No offending ment (hm...maybe that's not true at all)

It took me 3 hours to drive home from - let's say - Brno last year, another 3 hours to transfer the stuff and probably another hour to have it up on Dime. Took me a little bit longer after the last London-gig as we had to fly and had to wait for 6 or 7 hours on the airport in London. But again, after arriving home I did the job and it was up. And by the way, I have family, a job and a live apart from my hobby. But I knew that there were people waiting for.

Surely that doesn't mean that I'm in the position to ask for something as I did it without any pressure from somebody else BUT it would be pretty nice if some of you could care a little bit more about the others. We have been waiting for months by now and not even a simple MP3-conversion was put up. I'm sure (yes I am) that about 500 people would grab the gig on Dime and maybe 490 or even more wouldn't care less for a remaster of somebody who tends to hear things with his own ears. What he likes somebody else might dislike. So what the fuzz? Is it such a problem to transfer 2 lousy tapes onto a HD, point a few trackmarks, forget about fading and speed correction and give the people what they want?

I don't know about the others but I felt better as long as I thought the recording was never made. Thank you.

silkcut

Date: November 6, 2008 22:03

mmmeeeehhh^^

you're assuming a little too much my friend.
I'd get it done - if I had it here.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 6, 2008 22:15

nope - I wasn't assuming that you're already having it or not, how should I know. maybe I was a little bit to abstract to write "some of you". In fact it's about "the other friend" - when I first read that he took over the ramestering job I felt like "Oh God.." and all my preconceptions came true. But believe me, I'm not that lucky about it and it isn't good for my ego either.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: November 6, 2008 22:24

Silkcut, everyone should know about your dedication to this community. I hope your patience is rewarded...

Date: November 6, 2008 22:37

Yeah this is just silly and my initial enthusiasm about the find and desire to get it online has turned in to a farce!!! thumbs down

That's not meant as a dig at either Mathijs or open-g, but still lets get this ferkin gig available to download!!!

My pc is crap and it took me ages to simply upload the surrey rehearsals to rapidshare or whatever sometime last year so this double cdr thing severely tests it's capabilities. I have the files on my pc, how can I get these suckers online with as much ease as possible!?

I have the original files on my pc, but how to get them online!? Burn them to cdr and send them to someone else!? Gazza!? Send them to someone track by track via email!?

Incase any of you are having doubts, perfectly understandable given the course this has taken, I completely guarantee that I have a copy of Aberdeen 1982 gig!

Help me out here I want this gig on here as promised!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-06 22:41 by His Majesty.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: November 7, 2008 03:18

There are a number of us here who have the software & experience necessary in order to put this out in the best quality possible (yours truly humbly included). Your suggestion of mailing the files out, as is, on CDR sounds pretty good & I'll be the first to put my hand up. Mail me & we'll have this out by Xmas. (You didn't know I'm the REAL Santa did you, I start next Sat. at one of the major shopping centres in NE Melbourne.)

kthjagger@yahoo.com

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 7, 2008 03:24

His Majesty
Yeah this is just silly and my initial enthusiasm about the find and desire to get it online has turned in to a farce!!! thumbs down

That's not meant as a dig at either Mathijs or open-g, but still lets get this ferkin gig available to download!!!

My pc is crap and it took me ages to simply upload the surrey rehearsals to rapidshare or whatever sometime last year so this double cdr thing severely tests it's capabilities. I have the files on my pc, how can I get these suckers online with as much ease as possible!?

I have the original files on my pc, but how to get them online!? Burn them to cdr and send them to someone else!? Gazza!? Send them to someone track by track via email!?

I can upload it on Rocks Off, but I dont have the facility to 'correct' it.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: November 7, 2008 04:29

Gazza
His Majesty

I can upload it on Rocks Off, but I dont have the facility to 'correct' it.

Don't bother with corrections... Once it's uploaded it'll be a matter of time before the speedcorrected definitive remasters will appear. The diehards will be more than pleased with the raw unaltered version.

Date: November 7, 2008 04:41

First: Silkcut: you're not entitled to anything. You just can't claim anything, that is just plain wrong and unethical.

Further, putting the tape up like it is is in my opinion not an option, as the sound quality can be upgraded 500%. I thought I can do it within a week, but due to various reasons I was not able to do it. I have send the CD's to Open G, and I am sure he will do his magic to it and post it as soon as he can.

His Majesty and all, sorry it took so long, but just be a little more patient and we'll see it in no time.

Mathijs

Date: November 7, 2008 17:23

Adrian-L
straycat58
news ??

You mean Obama is in the Aberdeen waiting list?

Date: November 7, 2008 17:24

straycat58
Adrian-L
straycat58
news ??

You mean Obama is in the Aberdeen waiting list?

yes- so is John McCain

Date: November 7, 2008 17:30

The Aberdeen waiting list:

Date: November 7, 2008 17:33

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 7, 2008 17:38

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1343
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home