Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: People who bash The Stones.
Posted by: cc ()
Date: May 25, 2008 23:27

Bloom like the truly astute right-wingers has the correct analyses but the wrong position on them. He died long before jagger's knighthood, an institution he probably had little use for anyhow.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 25, 2008 23:29

Is Clapton a band? And is he better now than The Stones? All of your points are simply your opinion- nothing factual in your post.

The Black Crowes are better? Laughable as is most of your post.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: May 25, 2008 23:50

Richard and Wood those days got so much behind musically that watching them since the BtB tour is almost painfull. I think that is a fact for sure.
But they are still a funny circus act for many people with Jagger running around and singing JJF and Satisfaction all over and over.

Date: May 25, 2008 23:53

lol you are a circus act lol- but keep posting. IORR needs clowns like you to add some comic relief lol.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-25 23:54 by FrankM.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: May 25, 2008 23:56

And some some blind ass licking fans like you too.

Date: May 26, 2008 02:14

Hey kees try getting a job with the Ringling Brothers circus. You will fit in well there lol. And try to get out of 1970 while you are at it- that's right put away your bell bottoms, stop eating rock candy and put those risk pieces down buddy lol.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 26, 2008 03:58

Wow kess. get out from under your rock. Nixon is no longer president. We have more than 3 channels to watch and Brian Jones died almost 40 years ago. go look in the mirror and tell yourself how you've gone downhill over the years. You can't! Cause you are in denile. PAINFULL to watch The Stones. I've seen the Stones twice with Brian Jones and 3 time with Mick taylor. I am 60 years old. 57 times in all I've seen them. I have never had such an ruch before the the modern age Stones shows. Painfull during B2B? mmmmmm? I guess you were to busy thinking about the next Celine Dion show you had tix for. Go buy your American Idol CD. ENJOY!!

Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: May 26, 2008 04:02

Nanker Phlegm
Rockman
Like how do these bashers get ta hear The Stones in the first place?
Loud sex-driven rock music is banned from most retirment-villages ain't it?

The stones wont be hearing much of it soon if thats the case.

C'mon when your a band of the Stones stature, criticism follows, some of it is justified, usually when its in the context of what the Stones have achieved. Their is an arc to most musical careers, if you have high points, it follows that all moments by definition wont reach those heights.

The Stones today are the same force today in either a musical or social context, as they were in their heyday, so what, why should we expect them to be, they stil do what its says on the box, the old records are still there and live they still produce what you would expect, one hell of a rockin show.

same force today as in a musical/cultural context as thet were in hey day..........sorry buddyboy you've got that very wrong

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: May 26, 2008 05:44

.... FAN ,,, is derrived from 'fanatic' .................

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 26, 2008 23:29

More Hot Rocks
Ever wonder why people bash The Stones but years latter praise The Stones for what they did years after the fact.

Example: I seen alot of people on the board mock The Stones during The No Security tour. Now people say how great it was and I wish they play like that again.

The second part of the above post makes no sense in relation to the first one unless its the same 'people' who were bashing the tour back then who are praising it now.

And as this board wasnt here 9 years ago and you only registered in March 2008, thats pretty hard to prove.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-26 23:30 by Gazza.

Date: May 27, 2008 00:02

Gazza
More Hot Rocks
Ever wonder why people bash The Stones but years latter praise The Stones for what they did years after the fact.

Example: I seen alot of people on the board mock The Stones during The No Security tour. Now people say how great it was and I wish they play like that again.

The second part of the above post makes no sense in relation to the first one unless its the same 'people' who were bashing the tour back then who are praising it now.

And as this board wasnt here 9 years ago and you only registered in March 2008, thats pretty hard to prove.

Well mr Gazza. If you read my first post I stated that I have been a reader but not a poster until now. You don't have to be registered to read. DUH!!!!!!!!You can read numeropus post on how people said Ronnie was drunk and uninspired during this tour. FROM THE LAST FEW YEARS OF POSTS!!! After years have passed that seams to be forgotton about. Now I hear how great the tour was. That's all. get your facts straight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-27 00:05 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 27, 2008 00:18

Please do not turn this thread into a personal figh about how long people have been online etc. Thanks! I just wanted to fill in on the fact that Ronnie did say numerous times lately that he has been drunk or at least not sober on several tours, while A Bigger Bang was one of the first tours where he did actually see people in the crowd clearly and got a fresh feel of how a show do work when you are completely sober.

Bjornulf

Date: May 27, 2008 00:37

Thank you BV. Greatly appreciated!

Date: May 27, 2008 01:44

More Hot Rocks
Gazza
More Hot Rocks

Well mr Gazza. If you read my first post I stated that I have been a reader but not a poster until now. You don't have to be registered to read. DUH!!!!!!!!You can read numeropus post on how people said Ronnie was drunk and uninspired during this tour. FROM THE LAST FEW YEARS OF POSTS!!! After years have passed that seams to be forgotton about. Now I hear how great the tour was. That's all. get your facts straight.

Yes...but is it from the same people? If it isnt, then surely its not a contradiction - just a variety of opinions,

Which in itself is hardly unusual on a forum. Capische?

(For what its worth - the No Security shows were very good indeed, but Ronnie was off his face for most of the tour and barely audible. He's acknowledged that himself. The shows were excellent in spite of his lack of contribution. It IS possible)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-27 01:44 by Gazza.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: May 27, 2008 12:24

After having attended 118 different acts live, all the famous included (except E-Streetband, i never had the opportunity of seeing them) since middle 80s, my conclusion is clearest. The Stones are the best. Period.

Date: May 27, 2008 16:54

Wow gazza you just don't give up. let it go. You going way off topic. These are generalized statements. you reading way to much into it. I can write the same thing about not hearing Brian Jones. Just becasue i was there doesn't mean people who weren't can't comment on it. People mock in general one time than praise years latter. get it now?

Date: May 27, 2008 17:04

'The Stones sold out during the B2B tour. now those same people want those years back.

who are these 'people'?

Youre just making wild unsubstantiated statements about 'people' to make some obscure point without having anything to back it up. Its nonsensical.

I fail to see your point, but if it makes you feel better for expressing it, have a blast.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-27 17:12 by Gazza.

Date: May 27, 2008 17:21

Do you want names? Or are you just trying to get the last word in like a child?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 27, 2008 17:24

I thought Ronnie said Licks was the first time he was able to look out and see the crowd!!!!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 27, 2008 17:30

More Hot Rocks, the point is that you're missing the ability to make proper reasoning in the first post and will therefor never come to a true conclusion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-27 18:13 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 27, 2008 17:31

More Hot Rocks
Do you want names? Or are you just trying to get the last word in like a child?

well, if youre going to accuse people of being hypocritical and contradictory, examples would be a good way of illustrating your argument - yes.

I dont really care, personally...I just find the revisionist Taliban-esque attitude by some to any criticism whatsoever a bit tiresome (not you, personally as I dont know you well enough).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-27 17:33 by Gazza.

Date: May 27, 2008 17:54

Well gazza like the old saying goes I guess we can agree to disagree. I guess it's just the way of the world.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 27, 2008 17:58

One could say they sold out back in 1960 early with Rice Krispies.

Or in 1981.

Or Steel Wheels, Urban Jungle, Voodoo, Bridges, No Security, Bridges again, Licks, Bang, etc...

Not shows since they didn't sell out EVERY show on every tour.

Date: May 27, 2008 18:01

More Hot Rocks
Well gazza like the old saying goes I guess we can agree to disagree. I guess it's just the way of the world.

No problem, mate. Thats what forums are all about after all!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: May 29, 2008 19:55

I agree with kees to a point. Watch Keith on Little T & A from Biggest Bang DVD and compare it to the Let's Spend The Night Together DVD, he can't even play the guitar and sing at the same time anymore, Ronnie has to do all the work, Happy is only a shell of it's former self live, I can barely watch it. I just can't accept it's an age thing. Watch John Lee Hooker from Atlantic City 89, he still could do it. When he really wants to he's right on. I'm not so sure he takes it as seriously anymore. What first got you to really like the Stones, if you're like me it was Keith's awesome leads, rhythms, and fills. Don't hate me for it that's just my opinion, like family I still love them though!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-29 22:54 by shadooby.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home