Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick & Keith for New York
Posted by: benon ()
Date: May 4, 2008 18:57

I`ve just discovered this fantastic version of Salt of the earth.....

great choir , really soulfull performance...

Re: Mick & Keith for New York
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 4, 2008 19:49

I was at that Concert For NYC and I remember being so nervous for Mick and Keith that I hardly enjoyed their performance; I was with my best friend and I wanted her and all of the world to see how great they were and my tension ruined my fun, to some degree. I see how great their 2 song set really was ( watched some of the dvd from the show). I remember my friend's expectations being so high,as if they were going to do a rip-roaring se and I think that Mick and Keith were moreconcerned with the message at that time. " Salt of the Earth" was FOR the police, firemen, and EMT's who ARE the common folks working to save lives. Is this tension anything other fans have experienced? Have you ever been with a bunch of friends who are not as into the Stones are you are and you hold your breathe, hoping that show is their best? It's like a parent watching their kid perform!

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: May 5, 2008 00:01

mickschix
i understand deeply what you're saying!
That happened to me sometimes..last one when i went to the theatre to see SAL with a friend of mine that likes the stones, but dont really love them..i find my self holding the breathe and seeing his reactions to the songs, and i did not enjoy the movie as I wanted to do!
I think this happens only to hardcore fans!

Posted by: David700 ()
Date: May 5, 2008 01:27

great song, great performance!

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: May 5, 2008 02:29

what song did they do next?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 5, 2008 02:45

This one:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-05 02:45 by BluzDude.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 5, 2008 05:19

i think keith was a bit pissed, because only jagger was introduced.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 5, 2008 07:35

guitarbastard

...and it was originally Keith's gig, when they were advertising the show on TV they mentioned Keith but not Mick.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 5, 2008 10:07

BluzDude
guitarbastard

...and it was originally Keith's gig, when they were advertising the show on TV they mentioned Keith but not Mick.

I thought it was Jagger's gig, and Keith was the surprise guest.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 5, 2008 11:03

I remember the show was announced as Mick's. He had just released Goddess so I thought he would sing something from it. And then both Mick and Keith appeared on stage and did 2 Stones songs. So why didn't Ron and Charlie join them and why didn't they perform as The Rolling Stones? Was it all planned? Or maybe they decided to change the plans at the last moment?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1903
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home