Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT-Tom Waits to Announce Tour 5/5
Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: May 2, 2008 22:25

Tom Waits will hold a press conference on Mon May 5th to announce dates for his upcoming 'Glitter and Doom' tour. Looks like the US in June-July, followed by Europe.

Re: OT-Tom Waits to Announce Tour 5/5
Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: May 2, 2008 22:27

That sounds great. Thanks for telling

Posted by: z ()
Date: May 2, 2008 22:29

Good news. Thanks!

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: May 2, 2008 22:34

WOW - this is the best news I've had in quite a while - TW coming to Europe??smileys with beer

Posted by: mcparty ()
Date: May 2, 2008 23:12

Thank you!!! Great news.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 2, 2008 23:53

One of those artists I really want to see live finally. Great news!

Posted by: cosmoprim ()
Date: May 2, 2008 23:56

SO difficlut to type...masturbating furiously...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 3, 2008 00:17

What a nice surprise.

Saw him in Dublin in 1987. One of the best shows I've ever been at.

Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: May 3, 2008 00:24

No news of a new album I guess.

Date: May 3, 2008 00:51

Gazza
What a nice surprise.

Saw him in Dublin in 1987. One of the best shows I've ever been at.

I hear The Emerald Isle will get a few nice surprises when the dates are announced. Philly too.

Date: May 3, 2008 01:05

Excellent!

Date: May 5, 2008 19:18

Tomwaits.com has some of the US dates up. From what I hear, there is a 2nd US leg being planned, with East Coast dates including Philadelphia and NYC. Europe dates will follow that, with the tour ending with all likelihood in Dublin.

Posted by: z ()
Date: May 5, 2008 20:10

PEHDTSCKJMBA!

Date: May 5, 2008 21:00

Indeed! Hilarious!!

Any Bay Area fans here???

He does NOT have any Bay Area Shows!!

Has anyone heard anything about a local show??

Perhaps the Paramount again?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 5, 2008 21:02

he'll do some bay area shows before the tour's over....he lives here after all...and has a huge local following....

Date: May 5, 2008 21:03

Thanks. Surprised at the lack of 'major markets' on that itinerary though. It would suggest a lengthy tour if he's going to spend so much time in the mid west and southern states.

Date: May 5, 2008 21:08

actually hoping he'll do some warm-up shows here.

he seems to like the paramount so let's hope he treats us to a few shows.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 6, 2008 04:53

What an amazing "press" conference. Leave it to Mr. Waits to turn the whole thing into a surrealistic performance in its own right! FANTASTIC!
I am really going to try to get tickets for the OH gig, I will be in Michigan this summer....ashame he isn't playing Detroit.
Glitter and Doom indeed!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 6, 2008 10:24

when will European dates be announced?

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: May 6, 2008 10:59

Crazy man!! Here's hoping he will come to Europe - he could bring Keef as his guitarist and travelling companion seing that The Stones ain't up to much for the rest of 2008 smileys with beer

As for new music - well, he did give us three CD's the last time out - I'm still digesting those thumbs up

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: May 6, 2008 11:04

I live in Los Angeles and will have to make a road trip to do at least one of his shows. I wouldn't count on a second U.S. Leg. His last tour was just a few southern dates. He does nothing conventional.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: May 6, 2008 13:45

Saw him twice around same time as Gazza, the swordfishtrombone tour and the rain dogs tour. Just amazing both times. havnt seen him since. Have dipped in and out of his most recent stuff but the recent 3CD set was regular on the ipod.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 7, 2008 16:36

Great!!! Tom is one of the people I really wanna see live. I wanna sail with him to Singapore right now, so I'll put on Rain Dogs. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: May 7, 2008 17:13

Do any of you know who will be in his band? I saw him in Chicago about a year and a half ago and he had Duke Robillard on guitar. Duke is better than I'll ever be but played, IMHO, way too perfectly for the themes behind Tom Waits songs. Whoever played on Bone Machine should be the one to tour.

Now this - imagine if Keith joined him for the tour but stuck to playing and only marginal horsing around. Tell me that wouldn't have a great effect on the Stones future...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 7, 2008 18:26

Saw him only once during the Rain Dogs tour. Still can vividly see him hunched over his harmonium pounding away, and throwing glitters in the air simulating rain falling. He'll play too far from where I live right now (NC), unless he adds more dates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-07 19:44 by Koen.

Date: May 7, 2008 19:43

The two dates for Dublin have been confirmed: July 30 and 31 in a 'specially designed marquee' in the Phoenix Park. May have to come over for these...

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: May 7, 2008 20:05

Any idea when the Dublin tix go on sale, and where to go to buy them. I saw him at The Rex in Paris on the Mule variations tour and again a few years back in London - Awesome gigs. Tickets like gold dust. Don't want to miss these. I will actually be in St. Louis visiting my American "in laws", but are due to fly back to Scotland 5 days before the gig. May have to extend our holiday Stateside to 3 weeks!

Date: May 7, 2008 20:26

per fiftyamp's posts, it appears there'll be another run of US dates before the tour comes to Europe...so, I wouldnt hold your breath for an announcement.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: May 7, 2008 20:34

Hi Gazza, we have e-mailed the Fox in St Louis. All they can tell us at the moment is that by the end of the week they hope to have a date for the tix going on sale. I think if I can get a pair of them I will try and extend my holiday in the States rather than wait for the European dates which could be extensive or could be a Tom Waits curve ball - a la Paris and Warsaw!! It would be interesting to know what sort of capacity the proposed Dublin shows will be.

Date: May 7, 2008 21:18

Now getting mixed info in regards to more US shows. One promoter I talked with said no more dates, while another said more dates are likely. Tickets will go on sale next weekend for most, if not all, US shows.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home