Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Hello, Luv!"
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 1, 2008 01:40

[www.iorr.org]

Further ponderings on the Shine a Light press conference, close encounters with the Boys and ... what did I say to Keith when he was leaving the theatre???

I didn't say much about the Stones themselves yesterday. They were in great form. Charlie didn't say anything that I can remember, and Ronnie said very little but they looked good. The Glimmer Twins and Mr Scorsese were definitely front and center. But they looked well, relaxed, happy, engaged, except Charlie who looked dapper and a bit dour at the conference. I was really pleased to see him out of the glare, playful and smiling.

A few other missed tidbits...

Someone mentioned that they used to be asked if they could still see themselves performing at age 60, now can they still see themselves performing at age 70? There was a long pause and Keith started to laugh... "that's only 5 years away!" Sounds like a "yes" to me...

Someone mentioned that Albert Maysles was at the Beacon and asked whether he was involved. I didn't get a full note of his answer but he spoke of a reference of continuity, and mentioned some of the earlier Stones films, at which point Keith interrupted with (sorry BV, it is a direct quote) "Cocks*cker Blues!" The crowd was delighted.

The preview screening was at an uptown IMAX theatre and didn't appear to have been publicized. Either that or the press were setting up at the Ziegfeld, as there were no press outside when we arrived, or inside while we were there. The upstairs lobby / concession area was nearly empty except for a few Paramount people trying to get ready for the Stones and Mr Scorsese. It was hard to believe that they would be there.

So after they started moving into the theatre I walked beside Keith and said Hello. Big smile, hug around the shoulder and handshake. "Hello, Luv!" He was pulled a few feet forward by one of the others and then we were all waiting in the hall / tunnel for the introductions to start. It was a lousy place to ask anything - the security people could have tossed me. I waited until after the introductions when they were leaving. Queenie asked me what I said to Keith. Hmmm ... this is a bit of a story, didn't want to say anything until I had full security clearance on it. And now I do...

Goes back to last summer in London. Little joke between me and Rockman. Thought it would be fun to get Rockman t-shirts made up, try to get one to Keith, maybe get him to wear it under a shirt at the O2. Immortalized forever in concerts photos. Blow some wind up the R'man's kilt. Didn't have the nerve but told R'Man about the idea and he laughed - said I should have one made up that says "Who the F*ck is Rockman" and give that to him.

Ah... don't encourage me, R'Man!

As soon as I learned I'd won the trip, I reminded him of the joke. "Go ahead" he sez...

So... there I am standing in the tunnel of the theatre, t-shirt in hand, waiting for Keith to come out. He's right in front of me, against the wall, and I say "Keith, you may have heard of a certain "Rockman" in Australia. Thought this would give you a laugh..." He takes it and leaves. Our Paramount guy says that later as they were leaving the area, the woman with Keith still had it in her hand. So someday soon, coming to an arena, B-Stage or back alley near you... Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present...

I believe my work here is done! grinning smiley

Re: "Hello, Luv!"
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 1, 2008 02:01

Great work, STG!

And who the fornication is Rockman anyway?

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: April 1, 2008 02:07

Never heard of 'im.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 1, 2008 02:12

Rock WHO????LOL!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 1, 2008 02:17

that is hilarious!! very creative!

did he at least smile and say thank you?

Date: April 1, 2008 02:19

little queenie
that is hilarious!! very creative! did he at least smile and say thank you?

He was a bit surprised, think it likely took a minute to process. Was a bit frantic in there. But he was lovely of course!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 1, 2008 04:03

Cool! Hope he wears the Rockman shirt soon.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 1, 2008 04:33

Some Toronto Gal....WHAAA...WILD!!!!

Mum reckons IF ya can do a run of Extra Large in Terry Toweling
and include a copy of my birth certificate with every T then she can
probably hock a few of the them for ya at her local Croquet Club this weekend...

ROCKMAN

Date: April 1, 2008 04:36

Rockman
Some Toronto Gal....WHAAA...WILD!!!!

Mum reckons IF ya can do a run of Extra Large in Terry Toweling
and include a copy of my birth certificate with every T then she can
probably hock a few of the them for ya at her local Croquet Club this weekend...

"Terry" towelling???? [Snort!]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 1, 2008 04:39

Hey Toronto Gal they are elderly ladies after all....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 1, 2008 04:43

I know!!! Best to keep Terry as faaaar away as possible! Weak hearts, you know!

Posted by: Adi Tyler ()
Date: April 1, 2008 11:07

"Who The F*ck Is Rockman" T-shirts?

I want one of those.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 1, 2008 14:33

OK, I want in on this action! I'm officially applying for a job as your marketing manager and I will take over sales and distribution of these shirts! I will package, label, distribute, and I will get that shirt into every major department store in the USA and Canada!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 1, 2008 14:52

mickschix
OK, I want in on this action! I'm officially applying for a job as your marketing manager and I will take over sales and distribution of these shirts! I will package, label, distribute, and I will get that shirt into every major department store in the USA and Canada!

Just please make it easy for me to get one!

Date: April 1, 2008 15:16

Ah... there's only 3 shirts at the moment... one's in this room, one on it's way to Aus and the other...? Well, let's keep our eyes open!

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: April 1, 2008 17:20

I want one please.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: April 1, 2008 23:03

Ah, SomeTorontoGirl

There is little that is new under the sun in Stonesland eye rolling smiley. Here is a copy of my post in response to Rockman just over a year ago...

"Re: The Rockman Thank You Speech. Posted by: Stargroves ()Date: January 15, 2007 15:36So glad Cindy set this up, thanks to Cindy.Rockman, I hope you enjoy the book as much as we all enjoy your excellent posts and pictures, can't wish for more than that .I think you are very famous now, my marketing idea for the 07 tour is a t-shirt that says "Who the f*** is Rockman". Anyone able to do the clever stuff in Photoshop and bring my idea to life?"

Great to give the shirt to Keith, I can't wait to see him wearing it, also the Terry-towelling version of course smiling smiley

Date: April 2, 2008 00:32

Stargroves
There is little that is new under the sun in Stonesland eye rolling smiley. Here is a copy of my post in response to Rockman just over a year ago...

"... my marketing idea for the 07 tour is a t-shirt that says "Who the f*** is Rockman". Anyone able to do the clever stuff in Photoshop and bring my idea to life?"

Great to give the shirt to Keith, I can't wait to see him wearing it, also the Terry-towelling version of course smiling smiley

Well... that was a bit before my time on IORR but ... cool! I can't photoshop and didn't have time to round up Adi's talents, was pretty last minute, but it's the best that Kinko's and I could pull off in an hour. Hope y'all appreciate the rustic charm... a

Date: April 2, 2008 06:19

Some images from the festivities on Sunday...

Press Pass

Invitation

Movie access ID

Press conference setting up

Best pic from the press conference - thank gawd I have the media to fall back on...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 2, 2008 07:30

Stargroves, what a brilliant idea for the t-shirt, and STG, same for you!!
So glad Keith saw and held the WhoTFI Rockman shirt, whatever happens.

Actually I said the *same thing* when RMan introduced himself to me
in person. (Hehe).

I'm thinking mickxchix could definitely do the printing and distribution!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-02 07:31 by angee.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 2, 2008 09:47

I want to know where I can get a "Who The Fu@k is Some Toronto Girl" T-Shirt?drinking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 2, 2008 11:06

Stargroves
 Ah, SomeTorontoGirl

"Re: The Rockman Thank You Speech. Posted by: Stargroves ()Date: January 15, 2007 15:36So glad Cindy set this up, thanks to Cindy.Rockman, I hope you enjoy the book as much as we all enjoy your excellent posts and pictures, can't wish for more than that .I think you are very famous now, my marketing idea for the 07 tour is a t-shirt that says "Who the f*** is Rockman". Anyone able to do the clever stuff in Photoshop and bring my idea to life?"

that is a coincidence all right - i assumed it was the continuation of that theme!

Date: April 2, 2008 14:11

sweetcharmedlife
I want to know where I can get a "Who The Fu@k is Some Toronto Girl" T-Shirt?drinking smiley

Nah... tried to print 'em up, the writing circles all the way around the back of the shirt...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2051
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home