Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: promo albums ?
Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: March 24, 2008 22:29

Has anyone listened to this? Is the audio ripped from the DVD or is it remixed in any way? For example, if you listen to Four Flicks and Live Licks there is a difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-24 23:16 by lamemodem2.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 24, 2008 22:45

I certainly wouldn't mind a cdr or mp3 of those tracks. Pity they're not on one of the ten configurations of SHINE A LIGHT on CD.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: March 24, 2008 23:25

Here is the picture of my CSK1897 with the added WSHE print

I did a google on "WSHE" and I did find a radio station in South Florida that is no longer in existance. But it used to be around when this Promo was new. I don't know, maybe this would be the connection here?

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 25, 2008 00:52

Wow, never seen it. Does it look like the logos have been added by the station? Certainly very unusual. A nice find.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 25, 2008 01:06

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: March 25, 2008 02:05

Hey Rockman, what's the track listing on that one?

Posted by: David700 ()
Date: March 25, 2008 03:35

i love my steel wheels in the steel cd case!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 25, 2008 05:56

lamemodem2.....here ya go man

How I Wish
Wicked As It Seems
Gimmie Shelter
Will But You Wont
Before They Make Me Run
Eileen
Happy
Take It So Hard

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 25, 2008 17:32

A random selection of some nice Keith stuff :-)

Re: promo albums ? the very best of Mick Jagger , Japanese WARNER promo CD
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 25, 2008 17:39

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 13:22 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: March 25, 2008 20:51

I had a closer look on my Terrifying CSK1897. The additional text wshe may be printed at a later stage. The colour is slightly thicker that the blue colour used for the main print

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: March 25, 2008 22:28

Man, you guys have some great CDs, but I only collect CDs with stuff I cant get on viny. Here are are some mock ups of my book cover.

JR

Posted by: rollingandre ()
Date: April 15, 2008 01:35

Hi everybody,

Many people know me, but I guess there are some who doesn't. I have contributed the book Not Fade Away (and some others), with many of my collectors-items.
As a fanatic CD collector, I have the most of the CD's which are discused in this collectors-corner, except for the Greatest 3 . Funny to see some pictures here, taken from my website. (I don't care about it).
I regulary update my webste with new stuff and collectors info. I think it's interesting for collectors to visit my website for many rare pictures and lots of info about promo CD's and other releases. Go to : [members.lycos.nl] and enjoy !
For any questions get in touch with me at rollingandre@home.nl

Additional note for the post of Jan Richards; Jan, you have the original US promo release as some have, however, your copy is stamped with a radio-station name which shouldn't be there. Anyway be happy to have this item.

Andre

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: April 15, 2008 01:55

Rockman
lamemodem2.....here ya go man

How I Wish
Wicked As It Seems
Gimmie Shelter
Will But You Wont
Before They Make Me Run
Eileen
Happy
Take It So Hard

What's the content like Rockman , is it worth searching for soundwise.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 4, 2012 18:08

TooTough
martinw
I have a promo 'acetate' CD of Rain Fall Down with 7 tracks - 6 different mixes of Rain Fall Down + Under The Radar. I've never seen it listed anywhere. I picked it up at a record fair in Manchester, and I'm not 100% certain it's legit, as it's so easy to fake these so-called 'acetates'. Anyone else come across this one?

There is a 7 track RFD out there incl. Under The Radar, don´t know if
it´s an acetate, though.

I look over this discussion and find it all very interesting. Great posts! Thanks.

I'm questioning this Rolling Stones SAMPLER from the 2005 tour - Is this real? What does it sond like. Is it available for download? It looks very cool. I love "Mr. Pitful!" Usually these promos have a catalog number, year, legal stuff "all rights reserved", etc...

It's really cool! I'd love to hear it!

Date: August 4, 2012 18:10

adotulipson
I have a few of these , mainly recent stuff, 10 licks , live licks sampler,Amex presents and the sacd issue , needless to say can't lay my hands on any of them at the moment.
What I would like to know is,
Is there a comprehensive list somewhere on the web that I could look up , and also who chooses the tracks for these promo editions some of them are very good and some are quite bizare.

This is a great list! Thanks! I'd love to see a more detailed list with the tracks and times of each song.

Date: August 4, 2012 19:28

adotulipson
Very impressive Jos ,

Looks like you were waiting for someone to ask a question just like mine.

I suppose these are releasewd just randomly ,that is to say not in any set order or chronology?, but why can't they just give the various outlets the regular issues with promotion writen on them , after all they are meant to be reviewing/promoting the things that regular people buy.
Or better still let us have the odd bonus instead of the music industry

Aren't there different versions of the songs released sometimes on the promos? Almost Hear You Sigh has a cool remix (not much different). I remember hearing that one of the Remastered Series promos (the shorter one) had a stereo version of a song not released in stereo?

Where are all of the odd releases? Where all of the bonus tracks, remixes, and other oddities?

I love the Flashpoint bonus tracks! Many extra songs there!

One of my favorites is the "Jumping Jack Flash" single (not promo) from Flashpoint [www.iorr.org] because of Street Fighting Man taken from At The Max. I love this version of Street Fighting man. On this Maxi CD, it's the same performance as At The Max but there's no dog sound effects when mix goes to stab Skippy, the fierce looking huge inflatable canine. The audience is also gone.

I imagine the Tumbling nice taken from At The Max may be a different mix than the movie and Street Fighting Man is probably a different mix. Anybody know?

"Street Fighting Man" – 3:43 25 August 1990; Wembley Stadium

download:
[wtrns.fr]

I wondered if JJ Flas was any different on the Flashpoint JJ Flash singles? There was the rare a rare 45 release of JJ Flash with picture sleve (yellow with gas mask) from Holland. I heard two stories of how the JJF 45 p/s got released:

1. at Stones release party held at an Imax theater with Chris Jagger as guest of honor (Chris Jagger? I don't get it it. Did he have anything to do with At The Max)? Was this a private party?

2. at the various showings of At The Max available to the general public?

Thanks!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2194
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home