Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: promo albums ?
Posted by: NickB ()
Date: March 17, 2008 21:45

UrbanSteel
UrbanSteel
NickB
It has I can't be satisfied, Learning the Game, Bob Wills, Night Time and one other. It was released by Universal to radio stations. I have a copy because a friend of mine works as a DJ.

That's a nice one , lucky you .

Yep that's the one, I also have a white label sinngle from voodo lounge and the Urban jungle press pack with the T shirt

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 17, 2008 22:39

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 13:19 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 17, 2008 23:01

Some promos, some limited editions:

Promos only:

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 18, 2008 06:03

Rats, that "Almost Hear You Sigh" remix has been deleted -- can anyone repost? Thanks.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 18, 2008 09:46

Same request for Anybody Seen My Baby No Biz in Flac
Thanks in advance !

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: March 18, 2008 09:51

To make UrbanSteel's list even more complete, I'd add another promo release of No Security.

In France, there has been an Acetate of the complete 14 tracks album.
No serial number, just a green tracklisting sheet with Virgin France's Coordinates
and the cover in a jewel case and also Virgin France's coordinates on the CD itself.
There is also a promo cassette for No Security.

I have both but I never saw them mentionned anywhere

Date: March 18, 2008 13:26

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 13:20 by UrbanSteel.

Date: March 18, 2008 13:26

X

Date: March 18, 2008 14:28

Thanks a lot !!!!
>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: March 18, 2008 14:40

My copy of Out Of Tears numbered digipack sounds great, but only on my PC.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: March 18, 2008 14:50

Have you guys got this one yet? $120 seems kinda steep...but I guess they always are when they are new.

[cgi.ebay.com]

Date: March 18, 2008 15:00

X.

Date: March 18, 2008 15:12

X

Date: March 18, 2008 15:25

Of the CD yes, maybe tonight
The cassette is not at home, but at my parents' place. Will take more time !

Date: March 18, 2008 15:31

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 13:21 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 18, 2008 16:56

Doc, hopefully I have saved you sometime! I am currently on holiday just relaxing at home :-)

This is the No Security French CD-R promo. The inlay card is actually green but doesn't show up that well. It comes with a colour copy of the front artwork in a Jewel case or sometimes without that in a rather odd snappy plastic case (not pictured).

Date: March 18, 2008 17:12

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 13:21 by UrbanSteel.

Date: March 18, 2008 17:13

Guys,
Are we sure we want to go down this road - the CD-R one that is. It truely is endless and will screw with our heads! Often promos are produced in CD-R format as they are quicker and cheaper to produce in relatively small quantities so having a CD-R doesn't make it neceassarily mega rare, but likely to be one of a few hundred. However CD-R's are also used for early mixes and stuff which is never issued and this is where you can never have everything as some are in runs of less than a handful or even one. I have over 200 different ones and know of many more. If you don't want to go clinically insane stop reading now :-)

Date: March 18, 2008 17:29

Yes mattleuk, that's exactly what I was about to post tonight !!!

Thanks for helping me saving my time !

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: March 18, 2008 20:15

Hi,Any chance of anybody putting up "the biggest bang"promo for download.I havent any of these tracks.cheers

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: March 18, 2008 22:02

Well I asked originally

Is there a comprehensive list somewhere on the web that I could look up , and also who chooses the tracks for these promo editions some of them are very good and some are quite bizare.

I guess thats a NO then.

Nevertheless thank you guys for all the fasinating information .

Date: March 18, 2008 22:30

There is no comprehensive list online as the task is TOTALLY impossible. I did start one while I was at University but it become unmanageable. If anyone fancies doing it they are welcome to come and catelogue my stuff but it is probably a months work! When that is complete you will still be missing the odd in house disc produced in handfulls.

UrbanSteel's list is a good effort and covers most of the ones that you are likely to come accross. There are many missing but as soon as you go off his list you are starting to spend at least $50 and up to $1,000's of dollars a disc.

As for who chooses the tracklists it is the marketing department of the Record Company with approval from the band and their management. Don't blame the Marketeers though, while they may choose some great stuff, they don't have the final say so very often the tracklists aren't revolutionary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-18 23:21 by mattleeuk.

Date: March 18, 2008 23:10

mattleeuk
There is no comprehensive list online as the task is TOTALLY impossible. I did start one while I was at University but it become unmanageable. If anyone fancies doing it they are welcome to come and catelogue my stuff but it is probably a months work! When it that is complete you will still be missing the odd in house disc produced in handfulls.

UrbanSteel's list is a good effort and covers most of the ones that you are likely to come accross. There are many missing but as soon as you go off his list you are starting to spend at least $50 and up to $1,000's of dollars a disc.

As for who chooses the tracklists it is the marketing department of the Record Company with approval from the band and their management. Don't blame the Marketeers though, while they may choose some great stuff, they don't have the final say so very often the tracklists aren't revolutionary.

Many thanks for your information

Date: March 19, 2008 23:05

UrbanSteel
UrbanSteel
NickB
It has I can't be satisfied, Learning the Game, Bob Wills, Night Time and one other. It was released by Universal to radio stations. I have a copy because a friend of mine works as a DJ.

That's a nice one , lucky you .

one of these just went for £51 on ebay , I unfortunately was out at the critical time , Oh Well

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: March 19, 2008 23:41

51 quid ouch.....c'mon it's only a cd with stuff off the DVDs let's put this in perspective chaps...I'm not even a part time collector hey ho.

I also got a recent promo cd of She's a Rainbow again from universal, released I guess because of the recent Sony advert.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: March 21, 2008 18:11

The Shine A Light Samplers have turned up on ebay and the prices are shooting right up:

[music.search.ebay.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 21, 2008 19:56

I've always been apprehensive of collecting the CD-Rs because I've always felt that they are the easiest thing to rip off. I mean how does one know that it's an actual, legit CD-R?

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: March 24, 2008 00:15

Nice tread, lots of interesting info here. Well, vinyls are the stuff that I collect, especially the old UK DECCA's from da 60's.
But I have been collecting CD singles as well. Reason being that you find a lot of rare mixes on them thay you do not find anywhere else.

It was nice to go through Matts top list and i had the pleasure of finding your number four, Terrifying, in my box of CD's smiling smiley

My copy has actually an additional printing on it: wshe, the w being in white colour and the rest in red. What would this be all about?

I will try to post a picture of it, have never done that though..

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: March 24, 2008 19:58

Let's see it Jan. It could be one I haven't seen :-)

I once managed to acquire 50 copies of the actually pretty rare "Flip The Switch" promo and only noticed 2 copies had a white spine rather than red when I was looking at the stack on a table.

Love it!
Matt

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: March 24, 2008 20:30

Gotta pay attention! Keep on Rockin'....Matt, Gimme a shout when you can.

JR

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home