Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Shine a Light - The Rolling Stones CD on Universal
Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: April 2, 2008 02:32

sweet neo con
2 bonus tracks? undercover and ????

Honkey Tonk Women is the other song not on any version or the movie.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 2, 2008 05:26

The album is #5 on Amazon right now.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: April 2, 2008 06:19

I bought the single-disc version today at Best Buy, and the double-disc version will arrive in the mail tomorrow from CDUniverse.com.

Based on first play, the overdubs sound minimal. That is, don't worry, they left most of the mistakes in. The excellent guitar separation emphasizes Ron Wood's increased role due to Keef's apparent arthritis infirmities. The guitars and vocals are way out front in the mix. Charlie could be louder. I can do without Chuck on the intro to Just My Imagination. I can do without the horns altogether.

Each edition serves its purpose. The single-disc version will work just fine for long car rides with the wife and a single-disc CD player. The doubleheader seems better for the office and "vinyl sessions" with my buddies.

Posted by: Muskvale ()
Date: April 29, 2008 12:33

This is a answer to a earlier question posted in this thread about the SHM CD versions of albums and whether they are better - I have been listening to a copy of Elton Johns Goodbye Yellow Brick Road on SHM CD - I also have this album on LP, CD, remastered CD, Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab 24 Karat Gold CD, DVD Audio and SACD. The MFSL version kills all the rest for faithful fidelity - including the new SHM CD. I would put the SACD second, DVD Audio third and then SHM CD in that order - but still love the LP version warts and all. I wouldnt stump up for the Stones on SHM CD unless you are a collector. My system consists of DALI Suite 2.8 speakers with a Yamaha RX V1800 Amp so would be described as upper mid fi. I have a second system with a set of NHT SB3 speakers as the mains and the same holds true through them as well. I was originally thinking of getting a copy of the Stones Exile on Main Street on SHM CD (if it gets done) but wont bother now. Hope this helps - PS the Japanese do a good job with packaging etc so the SHM CD copy of 'Shine' would be good for a collector

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2309
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home