Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Shine a Light - The Rolling Stones CD on Universal
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 16, 2008 23:52

10-29-07 NY Beacon show

1. Start Me Up
2. Shattered
3. She Was Hot
4. All Down The Line
5. Loving Cup (duet with Jack White)
6. As Tears Go By
7. I'm Free
8. Undercover Of The Night
9. (Just My) Imagination
10. Shine A Light
11. Champagne & Reefer (blues with Buddy Guy)
12. Tumbling Dice
--- Introductions
13. You Got The Silver (Keith)
14. Little T&A (Keith)
15. Sympathy For The Devil
16. Live With Me (with Christina Aguilera)
17. Paint It Black
18. Jumping Jack Flash
19. Satisfaction (encore)

Re: Tracklisting for Shine a light on rollingstones.com
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 17, 2008 00:22

rattler2004
DISC 1:

Jumping Jack Flash
Shattered
She Was Hot
All Down the Line
Loving Cup
As Tears Go By
Some Girls
Just My Imagination
Faraway Eyes
Champagne & Reefer
Tumbling Dice
Band introductions
You Got the Silver
Connection

DISC 2:

Sympathy for the Devil
Live With Me
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Paint it Black
Little T&A
I'm Free
Shine A Light

Confirmed tracklisting for the single disc (USA only):

Jumping Jack Flash
She Was Hot
All Down the Line
Loving Cup
As Tears Go By
Some Girls
Just My Imagination
Faraway Eyes
Champagne & Reefer
Band introductions
You Got the Silver
Connection
Sympathy for the Devil
Live With Me
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar

If they're going to get 15 songs and a band intro onto a single CD, thats going to mean one thing - several edits sad smiley

Pity - because the track listing for this release (well, the 2-CD version - a single CD version is another pointless release) is potentially very good

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 17, 2008 00:52

>> If they're going to get 15 songs and a band intro onto a single CD <<

well but that's just the one-disk version, which is useless anyway, so it doesn't matter.
the two-disk version has 13 numbers + band intros on disk 1, which might also be a bit cramped,
but ... well, ending disk 1 after Keith's set is what most concert bootlegs do, so maybe it all fits,
just with judicious editing of the between-numbers stuff. i am hopeful.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-17 01:05 by with sssoul.

Date: February 17, 2008 02:23

with sssoul
>> If they're going to get 15 songs and a band intro onto a single CD <<

well but that's just the one-disk version, which is useless anyway, so it doesn't matter.
the two-disk version has 13 numbers + band intros on disk 1, which might also be a bit cramped,
but ... well, ending disk 1 after Keith's set is what most concert bootlegs do, so maybe it all fits,
just with judicious editing of the between-numbers stuff. i am hopeful.

It does matter as it will almost certainly be the same song edits on the 2-disc version as the single disc. And as there are only 9 songs on disc 2, its going to be a somewhat shorter disc than the first one.

So, you'll have a 22-song double CD clocking in at around two hours, with several edits - even though there is about 40 free minutes over the two discs.

Just like every other live album they put out.

Like I said, the song selection is very good, and I'm sure that the performances will be too - I just hope that my concerns over another Live Licks-style butchering debacle are unfounded.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: February 17, 2008 03:06

All they - or the apprentice engineer - need to do is edit the third (essential) verse from 'She Was Hot' and it'll all fit fine, especially if 3 or 4 songs are dropped as well. Nah, it's going to be better than Live Licks, which is the closest thing to a throwaway live album the Stones have made. I bet it'll be at least as good as No Security (all new songs!), better than Flashpoint & LL & even Still Life (is Ernie Watts Charlie's maternal sheep?)

Date: February 17, 2008 06:58

Gazza

If they're going to get 15 songs and a band intro onto a single CD, thats going to mean one thing - several edits sad smiley

Pity - because the track listing for this release (well, the 2-CD version - a single CD version is another pointless release) is potentially very good

They don't necessarily need to make edits to fit 15 songs and a band intro on a single CD."Fifteen Kicks" which is the CD from the 8-16-'02 show in Toronto actually has 17 unedited live tracks plus band intros.There are the fifteen songs they played that night plus two bonus tracks.

If they were to use the 74 minute CD format,the 15 songs would have to average 4:55 each.For 16 tracks (since there is a band intro) the average would have to be 4:37.

In the case of an 80 minute CD :
15 tracks would need to average 5:20 or 5:19.Sixteen tracks would have to average an even five minutes each or just under.

I have heard enough to know that of all the songs listed for the one CD version,only five will clock in at over 4:37.Those could include She Was Hot,Imagination,Sympathy,Brown Sugar,and Satisfaction and at that,the current live arrangement of Imagination is not near as long as the '78-'82 versions.She Was Hot usually clocks in at a little over 4:30 but,I've never heard it go longer than 5:10 at most.Tumbling Dice is not on the one CD version.Paint it Black is about 4:25 - 4:35.Jumping Jack Flash when played as an opener lasts no longer than 4:25,usually around four minutes even.The average time per track will be brought down by the KR lead vocals,As Tears Go By,and Live With Me etc. which will clock in at less than 4 minutes each.Edits should not be needed here.

Date: February 17, 2008 07:12

Well if they are to edit the single disc here is what I hope they did ha ha ha ha

Jumpin' Jack Flash - cut out the crap
She Was Hot - entire tune
All Down the Line - entire tune
Loving Cup - entire tune
As Tears Go By - this is short anyway right?
Some Girls - mmmm, cut it short
Just My Imagination - cut way short
Faraway Eyes - hopefully no solo...
Champagne & Reefer - entire tune
Band introductions - is this really needed? COME ON!
You Got the Silver - entire tune
Connection - entire tune
Sympathy for the Devil - cut out 3 verses, have the 1 they cut off GYYYO (ha ha)
Live With Me - ummmm, I dunno.

Be glad there's no UOFTNight on here. What a drag that would be.
Start Me Up - the could trim this to one verse, one chorus, solo, chorus out
Brown Sugar - intro, verse, chorus, yeah yeah yeah's, out

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 17, 2008 15:34

skipstone
Well if they are to edit the single disc here is what I hope they did ha ha ha ha

Jumpin' Jack Flash - cut out the crap
She Was Hot - entire tune
All Down the Line - entire tune
Loving Cup - entire tune
As Tears Go By - this is short anyway right?
Some Girls - mmmm, cut it short
Just My Imagination - cut way short
Faraway Eyes - hopefully no solo...
Champagne & Reefer - entire tune
Band introductions - is this really needed? COME ON!
You Got the Silver - entire tune
Connection - entire tune
Sympathy for the Devil - cut out 3 verses, have the 1 they cut off GYYYO (ha ha)
Live With Me - ummmm, I dunno.

Be glad there's no UOFTNight on here. What a drag that would be.
Start Me Up - the could trim this to one verse, one chorus, solo, chorus out
Brown Sugar - intro, verse, chorus, yeah yeah yeah's, out

Hmm, now I can figure out your screen-name eye popping smiley grinning smiley

man, what a butchered CD that would be

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-17 18:57 by open-g.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 17, 2008 15:48

with sssoul

useless? after the limited edition will be gone, its the one-disc version that stays in print for future generations - the limited two-disc is for collectors like us who can sell it for a fortune in a couple of years (but probably wont do so!). so get out yer cash and invest all the bucks you can in limited 2 disc version, theres a good possibility that it will help to pay yer rent!

can you imagine ebay in twenty years from now? "rare! rare! rare! limited!!!! starting bid: only 200 dollars!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-17 15:51 by alimente.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 17, 2008 15:59

alimente
with sssoul

useless? after the limited edition will be gone, its the one-disc version that stays in print for future generations - the limited two-disc is for collectors like us who can sell it for a fortune in a couple of years (but probably wont do so!). so get out yer cash and invest all the bucks you can in limited 2 disc version, theres a good possibility that it will help to pay yer rent!

can you imagine ebay in twenty years from now? "rare! rare! rare! limited!!!! starting bid: only 200 dollars!"

Who said that the 2CD was a limited edition? I can't see that on the site BV made. the 1CD edition is only for the USA, so actually it's that one that's the special release in this case.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 17, 2008 17:08

JumpingKentFlash
alimente
with sssoul

Who said that the 2CD was a limited edition? I can't see that on the site BV made. the 1CD edition is only for the USA, so actually it's that one that's the special release in this case.

I did not crosscheck, but the I think the info comes from Torus first message concerning the SAL soundtracks releases, it reads like the single CD is the common one and the 2CD a limited.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-17 17:08 by alimente.

Date: February 17, 2008 17:43

It wouldn't surprise me if you're right, but there seems to be no info on this yet.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: February 17, 2008 18:01

Theif in the Night
Gazza

They don't necessarily need to make edits to fit 15 songs and a band intro on a single CD."Fifteen Kicks" which is the CD from the 8-16-'02 show in Toronto actually has 17 unedited live tracks plus band intros.There are the fifteen songs they played that night plus two bonus tracks.

If they were to use the 74 minute CD format,the 15 songs would have to average 4:55 each.For 16 tracks (since there is a band intro) the average would have to be 4:37.

In the case of an 80 minute CD :
15 tracks would need to average 5:20 or 5:19.Sixteen tracks would have to average an even five minutes each or just under.

I have heard enough to know that of all the songs listed for the one CD version,only five will clock in at over 4:37.Those could include She Was Hot,Imagination,Sympathy,Brown Sugar,and Satisfaction and at that,the current live arrangement of Imagination is not near as long as the '78-'82 versions.She Was Hot usually clocks in at a little over 4:30 but,I've never heard it go longer than 5:10 at most.Tumbling Dice is not on the one CD version.Paint it Black is about 4:25 - 4:35.Jumping Jack Flash when played as an opener lasts no longer than 4:25,usually around four minutes even.The average time per track will be brought down by the KR lead vocals,As Tears Go By,and Live With Me etc. which will clock in at less than 4 minutes each.Edits should not be needed here.

From personal experience of Stones shows down the years - including the ABB tour - when you check out the length of an average show and factor the number of songs they perform, it averages out cloer to six minutes per song than anything (granted, those shows usually include at least one very long song like Midnight Rambler, but still..). Hopefully if theyre cramming those songs onto one disc it just means they'll be editing out some between song banter.

Date: February 17, 2008 18:03

alimente
JumpingKentFlash
alimente
with sssoul

I did not crosscheck, but the I think the info comes from Torus first message concerning the SAL soundtracks releases, it reads like the single CD is the common one and the 2CD a limited.

From what I've read, the 1-CD version is being released only in the US, so that doesnt really equate with the 2-CD version being "limited".

Date: February 17, 2008 18:14

More likely: the limited version is the expensive import version from Japan, in SHM format.
SHM-CD (Super High Material CD) developed by JVC and Universal Music Japan. Polycarbonate plastic with improved transparency is used for the disc surface for enhanced audio quality. *Plays on regular CD players.

Date: February 17, 2008 18:14

Yeah, that would be a short CD. And you obviously can't take a joke!

Date: February 17, 2008 18:17

I did take it as a joke - sorry I didn't get that accross smileys with beer

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: February 17, 2008 19:39

Great tracklist, I am very pleased. Also not to worry about Undercover and Honky Tonk Women being excluded. If we are lucky, they may show up as bonus tracks on the eventual DVD release of the movie.smileys with beer

Date: February 18, 2008 03:40

I don't know.With only nine songs on CD 2 of the 2 disc editions,there should have been plenty of room for those two as well.They must have left them off for a reason.Perhaps they were not pleased with those particular performances of the two songs.

Re: The Rolling Stones x Martin Scorsese - Shine A Light [SHM-CD] [Limited Edition]
Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: February 18, 2008 04:54

georgelicks
Confirmed tracklistings for the double cd of the Shine A Light Soundtrack:

DISC 1:

Jumping Jack Flash
Shattered
She Was Hot
All Down the Line
Loving Cup
As Tears Go By
Some Girls
Just My Imagination
Faraway Eyes
Champagne & Reefer
Tumbling Dice
Band introductions
You Got the Silver
Connection

DISC 2:

Sympathy for the Devil
Live With Me
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Paint it Black
Little T&A
I'm Free
Shine A Light

Awesome! @#$%& great setlist, it looks like a great show and very close to what I wanted. hehehe. We even got band introductions as a separate track, that's pretty cool.

Re: The Rolling Stones x Martin Scorsese - Shine A Light [SHM-CD] [Limited Edition]
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 18, 2008 05:47

A cover has been posted on Amazon, looks great!

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 18, 2008 09:34

That's the poster for the film.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: February 18, 2008 10:53

>> I personally dont like mixes which bring up certain instruments for a couple of seconds while the camera is on [them]. <<

I'm not sure. I've still not seen the movie yet, but I guess it could have some natural effect. Like, when you are in a crowded room, it is possible to hear the conversation of one person, when you are focussing on him/her, despite all the noice around you and hear someone else when you're shifting your focus. I don't know it they reached this kind of effect in the movie, but I am curious to find out.

But on CD it is a completely different matter of course. I do like to focus on one intrument or vocal now and again when listening to a sound recording, but this only works when focussing for a long time. It would be distracting if the focus would change after a couple of seconds. I can not see they would put out the exact soundtrack of the movie on the audio CD.

Now, on the one disk or two disk option: I guess they've learned something from the Live Licks experience.

Posted by: domingo ()
Date: February 18, 2008 14:25

is it the same tracklisting for the whole world? any typical japanese bonus tracks?

Date: February 18, 2008 15:03

domingo
is it the same tracklisting for the whole world? any typical japanese bonus tracks?

Maybe that's where Undercover went?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 18, 2008 15:08

I am pretty sure they would release this cd with a regular mix, and not the movie mix.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 18, 2008 15:13

I still remember how they took away a minute or so from Out Of Control from Buenos Aires (No Security). I just could not believe they did it. And why. Except may be "normal" people might think the full live version is too long. But then it is not normal to have 10+ minutes of Midnight Rambler... How can you take away parts of a song and still say it is the same song? Like taking away the "Ronnie Wood" part of "Can't You Hear Me Knocking"... I don't like edits. They don't make sense.

Bjornulf

Date: February 18, 2008 15:36

Bashlets
I am pretty sure they would release this cd with a regular mix, and not the movie mix.

every Stones live album since Ya Yas has been something akin to at least a partial soundtrack of a film/DVD/TV special, but with a different mix. I would imagine this will follow a similar formula.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 1, 2008 09:38

domingo

Additional track of Japanese limited edition is announced today.
Undercover of the night is the one as many of you expected.

Date: March 1, 2008 10:42

Toru A
domingo

Additional track of Japanese limited edition is announced today.
Undercover of the night is the one as many of you expected.

Link?

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1471
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home