Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: The Rolling Stones x Martin Scorsese - Shine A Light [SHM-CD] [Limited Edition]
Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: February 16, 2008 05:08

I hope this gets a release on vinyl

Re: The Rolling Stones x Martin Scorsese - Shine A Light [SHM-CD] [Limited Edition]
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 16, 2008 12:28

i'm confused. smoking smiley

for those of us living in farfetched parts of the world who need to rely on online vendors ...
is the one being offered by amazon.de the "remastered" soundtrack that will sound normal,
or the "original" soundtrack with the same "exaggerated audio" as in the film, or is it not clear?
here's the link: [www.amazon.de]

maybe as a public service we could try creating a collection of links to the various versions being offered.

1] the 2-disk OCRD "normal audio" version (which seems the most promising!)

2] the 2-disk Super High Material version (is this "normal" audio or "exaggerated" audio?)

3] the one-disk version with no extra tracks (is this "normal" audio or "exaggerated" audio?)

4] ... are there others?

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 16, 2008 12:43

well I cannot imagine that they will release the "exaggerated" audio film mix on CD, it -if at all- only makes sense in a movie theatre or on DVD. bringing he guitar or keyboard up in the mix when the camera is on either Keith, Ron or Chuck does not make any sense when there is no picture, but only audio! but one never nows, our boys decisions are sometimes strange. I really hope that the audio versions (ALL audio versions, for that matter) will have an exclusive audio mix. for what its worth I also hope the DVD will give us a choice between the movie theatre mix and a more conventional mix because I personally dont like mixes which bring up certain instruments for a couple of seconds while the camera is on certain players.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-16 12:44 by alimente.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 16, 2008 13:22

so these are the "bonus" tracks, not featured in the movie or were butchered.
Connection
Paint it Black
Little T&A
I'm Free
Shine A Light

The one CD version - what's that good for?
a present for someone you don't love?
Can't quite get it, why it's out.

Date: February 16, 2008 13:22

>> I personally dont like mixes which bring up certain instruments for a couple of seconds while the camera is on [them]. <<

smile: are there people who like that kind of mix? i guess there must be since they do it.
and since some of the versions of the soundtrack are marked "remastered" (OCRD) that seems to imply
that the other ones aren't remastered. or doesn't it? i am confused and i know it. :E

Posted by: Jocke ()
Date: February 16, 2008 13:27

A great tracklist!grinning smileygrinning smiley

Date: February 16, 2008 13:32

I have a hunch that this is just modern labeling, for pure marketing & promotion purpose.
I mean since when did we have soundtracks.
...and all it needs is a well-engineered stereo image.
I get this hunch from looking at german amazon - they don't mention all those gizmos

Date: February 16, 2008 13:41

>> I have a hunch that this is just modern labeling, for pure marketing & promotion purposes. <<

ah okay - i hope so! ordering from abroad one likes to feel sure of what one is ordering,
since it's such a hassle/expense to return stuff if it's not the right one ...
but open-g honey, if you feel pretty positive that the amazon.de version is "normal" sound
i'll try that one.

Date: February 16, 2008 13:51

Don't rush it - We'll know for sure in a couple of days.

Shine A Light soundtrack on Amazon.de
Posted by: django ()
Date: February 16, 2008 11:03

I don't like the cover:

[www.amazon.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-16 11:09 by django.

Re: Shine A Light soundtrack on Amazon.de
Date: February 16, 2008 11:25

it's only a cover, but I like it

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 16, 2008 11:54

Charlie Watts and Ron should have been more visable

Tracklisting for Shine a light on rollingstones.com
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 16, 2008 04:43

Tracklisting for both single and double cd versions listed on rollingstones.com
Quite pleased. Besides omitting Undercover, we pretty much get everything they played including IM Free, SAL, Little T and A, and much wanted CONNECTION

Re: Tracklisting for Shine a light on rollingstones.com
Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: February 16, 2008 06:59

What's with the extra tracks just being tacked on to the end? Was it too much work to make it run like a normal show? Still, kudos for releasing it.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: February 16, 2008 07:38

DISC 1:

Jumping Jack Flash
Shattered
She Was Hot
All Down the Line
Loving Cup
As Tears Go By
Some Girls
Just My Imagination
Faraway Eyes
Champagne & Reefer
Tumbling Dice
Band introductions
You Got the Silver
Connection

DISC 2:

Sympathy for the Devil
Live With Me
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Paint it Black
Little T&A
I'm Free
Shine A Light

Confirmed tracklisting for the single disc (USA only):

Jumping Jack Flash
She Was Hot
All Down the Line
Loving Cup
As Tears Go By
Some Girls
Just My Imagination
Faraway Eyes
Champagne & Reefer
Band introductions
You Got the Silver
Connection
Sympathy for the Devil
Live With Me
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: February 16, 2008 07:53

Excellent, I'm very pleased with the 2 disc version.smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileyhot smiley

Posted by: john r ()
Date: February 16, 2008 10:21

It would have been good imo to feature more than one (Champagne & Reefer) song post 1983.

Re: Shine a Light - The Rolling Stones CD on Universal
Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: February 16, 2008 17:08

So...the only other song besides Undercover that has been excluded from the CD is Honky Tonk Women. Strange that they wouldn't include this one, it being a warhorse, while maintaing other giants JJF, Satisfaction, etc. That's not a complaint though - - if it means excluding a warhorse in order to include a rarity like I'm Free or Connection, then I'm all for that decision.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: February 16, 2008 17:42

Maybe someone else posted this but it is odd "Shine a Light," the title track, is cut from US version.

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: February 16, 2008 17:45

No Undercover Of The Night that sucks! Why Start Me Up, JJ Flash & Satisfaction again. The rest is awesome though. 1 mistake. MEZ

Date: February 16, 2008 17:54

Shott
Maybe someone else posted this but it is odd "Shine a Light," the title track, is cut from US version.

They should call the single CD version "Dim the Light".

It's uncomplete - what's it for?

Posted by: roby ()
Date: February 16, 2008 17:57

Erik_Snow
Charlie Watts and Ron should have been more visable

and Darryl Jones...

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 16, 2008 19:41

pretty good imo
there's everything we need
another celebratory output, this time apparently brilliant

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 16, 2008 19:57

Jumpin'JackFrash
I hope this gets a release on vinyl

I'll be devastated if it doesn't

Posted by: phd ()
Date: February 16, 2008 20:19

Soundtracks is fine. Some new live songs welcome. I am confident with the sound.
Should sell pretty well.

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: February 16, 2008 20:23

Didn't hear the boot of Beacon. I wonder if undercover was too much of a wreck which even massive overdubbing couldn't salvage?? But I thought many said Connection was a train wreck as well, so I don't know but tracklist looks great minus undercover exclusion. Perhaps a "bonus" song. MEZ

Posted by: johang ()
Date: February 16, 2008 22:14

Thats great can live without HTW and the awfull live song UC.

Date: February 16, 2008 22:20

et voila - here it is, finally: a double live CD with enough rarities to qualify it as a genuine clubshow setlist. imagine something like this 30 years, would have been an even bigger sensation than Love You Live with the El Mocambo side already was. nowadays some people out there may regard the setlist of the double CD version as a minor sensation, but whatever it is: for me it works mighty mighty fine!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 16, 2008 23:14

C'mon, Undercover Of The Night is one of the Flashpoint leftovers - with the overdubs - on one of those singles. That's more than enough. It's one of their worst songs live.

They're including I'm Free on this even though 1. it stinks and 2. it's on Stripped but they leave Shine A Light off the single version? Maybe because it's already on Stripped? Well well well, can't make everyone happy now. I am curious to hear if Shine A Light is any better than the Stripped version.

It's a shame they only had one Amsterdam track on Stripped and used the rest for the B-sides. That album would have been even more killer with those live tracks on it. Buffoons. They could have had Black Limo on instead of I'm Free. UGH!

Straight stereo mix would be great. Those two IMAX mixes on the JJF Flashpoint single sound terrible. And someone cut the balls off of Street Fighting Man on that tour because, well, it's terrible.

Well this will flush out a home- made best of live compilation with some of the other unknowns. This will be the 7th live album. Hopefully the last.

Posted by: Jocke ()
Date: February 16, 2008 23:23

But did they play Shine A Light at the Beacon??

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1328
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home