Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 27
Re: Shine a Light - The Movie
Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: January 30, 2008 18:50

Lukester
Gazza
Lukester
....I hope Joe Pesci is in it.

You're a funny guy, Lukester...

........I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to @#$%&' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 30, 2008 21:55

Mr Jimmy
Lukester
Gazza
Lukester

........I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to @#$%&' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Reminds me of a certain trans-atlantic flight in the fall of 2006 ... Atlantic city, Beacon, Halloween in NYC etc. Remember that Mr J ?

Date: January 30, 2008 22:09

Haha, yeah, I remember that flight very well.

I was watching something else on the In-Flight video system, I think it was Taxi Driver (they had a scorcese special, remember...?!) because I've seen Goodfellas SO many times, but I kept looking over your shoulder at goodfellas, and it's one of those movies where you don't have to wait for more than about 30 seconds for something funny to happen!

Good memories man!

However, Halloween, for me, was spent in Los Angeles:

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: January 31, 2008 00:06

.....dang Mr. Jimmy!!!,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-31 06:31 by Lukester.

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: January 31, 2008 04:51

I was at the second beacon show (not an extra!!) and can't wait for the soundtrack and movie!!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 31, 2008 10:12

who's that mr. jimmy??! and is she why you skipped the 2nd beacon show?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 31, 2008 10:18

little queenie
who's that mr. jimmy??! and is she why you skipped the 2nd beacon show?

For a woman like that, I would've too.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: January 31, 2008 19:48

Lukester
Gazza
Lukester

J-j-just the way you tell a story, ya know. Y-y-y-you're funny...

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 31, 2008 19:59

...things that can go terribly wrong^^

"Now go home and get ya @#$%& shinebox"

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: January 31, 2008 20:59

....that was another great Pesci moment. Thanks open-g

Date: February 1, 2008 00:02

One week from today .......... Berlin 'ere we come. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 1, 2008 02:55

Beacon #2... greatest concert of my life. If Scorsese managed to capture a fragment of rocknroll from that gig, he'd have a brilliant film. I took a good amount of friends to see the Stones during the past tour, especially in Louisville... every last one of them was floored by the trailer to Shine A Light. I'm looking into renting the IMAX theater in Louisville, KY for a private screening. We have enough people to fill it out. Plus the Science Center has the best screen and loudest sound system of any theater in town.

ROCKNROLL.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 1, 2008 11:36

Nice review/preview in this morning's Daily Mail:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: February 1, 2008 11:52

LOGIE
Nice review/preview in this morning's Daily Mail:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

You've done it now Logie. I was excited beforehand, but now that I've read that ... I nearly peed myself !! It's all tooooooooooooooooooooo much. Friday 1st today ....... 6 day s to go. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: February 1, 2008 12:23

Fingers crossed, but reading between the lines, it sounds very much like Martin might have has cracked it with this one!

...now I'm salivating.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 1, 2008 14:26

I am psyched. It really sounds great. Maybe this will be the best stones film since GIMME SHELTER

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 1, 2008 14:42

Rolling Stone magazine says it opens on APRIL 4th in the states..... has someone covered that already? (6 pages is a lot to go through)

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 1, 2008 15:15

There are brief [glowing] reviews today in certain of the UK papers.
Following the UK premier on April 2 a general UK cimema release date of 11th April is quoted.

Date: February 1, 2008 17:56

Spud
There are brief [glowing] reviews today in certain of the UK papers.
Following the UK premier on April 2 a general UK cimema release date of 11th April is quoted.

Question is, how many times will I go and see it???? Stones tongue t-shirts all round...!!

Can't wait!!

Date: February 1, 2008 18:01

Jeeezzzzzz,

I just read the review in the daily mail, it sounds fantastic!!

Right, time to watch the trailer AGAIN, and then I'm off down the pub.

The weekend starts here...

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: February 1, 2008 21:38

Very glad to see the Daily Mail review's mention of "Just My Imagination" because it was sensational on that second night.

"Every night I hope and pray" for that performance to turn up on the soundtrack.

Date: February 1, 2008 22:20

I have good vibes about this movie ... ole Marty may have cracked it me thinks !! I'm sure I'll love it when I get to see it in Berlin in barely 6 days time, but it would also be nice to think that in due course it goes down well with critics etc, and that it generally gets favourable reviews.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 2, 2008 02:27

Gettin really excited as well, ol Baboon..

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 2, 2008 03:44

Are there other reviews that popped up in the British press today that we can get a peak at?

Date: February 2, 2008 12:32

Bashlets
Are there other reviews that popped up in the British press today that we can get a peak at?

I found a weblink to the TIME OUT film review section, but it just said "this film has not as yet been reviewed". But I guess if the link is set up, it won't be long before a review appears there ? Always interested in TIME OUT reviews, because in my experience, most of the films I've really enjoyed and thought were great, they've absolutely torn to pieces and hated. That's been the case over the years - with relatively few exceptions I must say. So what exactly they have to say about Shine A Light will be of great interest, I'm betting on them being more negative than positive to be honest ... miserable shower of bastards !! Never know though, they might surprise me ?

[www.timeout.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-03 22:50 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 3, 2008 06:15

Film fever a-risin'... Just saw the trailer for 3rd-4th-5th time or so...
Of course it's a idolized piece of film art, but...

We should be grateful & humble they're still out there, our lads....

Long Live The Rolling Stones!

Date: February 3, 2008 10:45

Baboon Bro
Film fever a-risin'... Just saw the trailer for 3rd-4th-5th time or so...
Of course it's a idolized piece of film art, but...

We should be grateful & humble they're still out there, our lads....

Long Live The Rolling Stones!

Baboon ... you goin' to Berlin ?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 3, 2008 14:33

From IMDB:

Country Date
Germany 7 February 2008 (Berlin International Film Festival)
Germany 4 April 2008
Iceland 4 April 2008
USA 4 April 2008
Netherlands 10 April 2008
UK 11 April 2008
France 16 April 2008
Finland 18 April 2008
Australia 24 April 2008
Belgium 28 May 2008

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 3, 2008 20:18

Patti Smith also to perform live at the Berlinale:

Rock royalty to meet glamour queens at Berlinale

Agence France-Presse
First Posted 11:44:00 02/02/2008
BERLIN -- The Rolling Stones and Madonna will rub shoulders with Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansson as this month's Berlin Film Festival spotlights music in cinema, its director said in an interview.

Berlinale chief Dieter Kosslick said the match-up of rock and pop royalty with the big screen's hottest stars promised one of the glitziest years on the red carpet in the event's 58-year history.

Luring Oscar winner Martin Scorsese and the self-proclaimed world's greatest rock'n'roll band to Berlin for the premiere of their concert film "Shine A Light" was a triumph even Kosslick first thought was too good to be true.

"It's a major coup," the 59-year-old told Agence France-Presse.

"They had to trust us as a festival that we would know how to handle a premiere of this calibre. Because you can only imagine what will be going on that night on the red carpet."

"Shine A Light" will open the February 7-17 event.

Madonna will be in town with her directorial debut "Filth and Wisdom," starring cult British actor Richard E. Grant, Roma punk band Gogol Bordello and a cast of Balkan actors that Kosslick said "look like they walked off the set of an Emir Kusturica film".

The short feature will be showing in the Panorama section outside the main competition.

Other music-driven films handpicked by Kosslick's team include "Om Shanti Om" with Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan and a documentary on punk godmother Patti Smith -- both of whom will also perform live; a documentary by rock legend Neil Young about Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young's 2006 Freedom of Speech Tour; and pictures about Sudanese hip-hop artists and steamy Argentinean tango clubs.

Kosslick, a hobby guitarist and saxophone player, said Berlin was alone among top film festivals in welcoming the general public to screenings, meaning that many of the cinemas could turn into impromptu clubs at the premieres if the stars perform and the audiences want to dance after the film.

He said it was that heady mix of glamour and spontaneity that drew top-drawer talent to the frosty German capital in February.

Other bold-face names on the guest list include Julia Roberts appearing in the family tragedy "Fireflies in the Garden", Oscar nominee Daniel Day-Lewis playing an oil magnate in "There Will be Blood," Cruz in "Elegy" based on a Philip Roth novel, and Johansson and Natalie Portman as two sisters vying for the affections of England's King Henry VIII in "The Other Boleyn Girl".

"We've worked for years to build good relationships with Hollywood -- both the big studios and the independents -- and that has paid off," Kosslick said.

French filmmaker Michel Gondry ("Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind") will unveil "Be Kind Rewind" starring Jack Black as a video store owner who attempts to remake Hollywood classics for his most loyal customer, a woman suffering from dementia (Mia Farrow).

"Many of the films this year are very poetic and detached from the standard personal identities in which we tend to find ourselves," he said.

"That's the beautiful thing about these pictures because it is the hardest thing to do."

Kosslick, now presiding over his seventh Berlinale, said the strength of this year's line-up stemmed from a record number of entries -- more than 5,000 entries from 103 countries -- from which the festival organizers selected about 400 pictures.

He said it would also be another vintage year for Asian cinema after Chinese drama "Tuya's Marriage" (Tuya De Hunshi) took home the Golden Bear top prize in 2007.

Despite censorship faced last year by a popular competition entry, Li Yu's "Lost in Beijing" (Ping Guo), Kosslick actively courted new Chinese productions.

Director Wang Xiaoshuai will present "In Love We Trust" (Zuo You) about a mother's bid to save her firstborn child from cancer.

"It is a small, interesting story that gives us a look inside the turbo-capitalism that people there are swept up in," he said.

Hong Kong filmmaker Johnnie To will tone down his usual ultra-violent style to present "Sparrow," a look at friendship among pickpockets.

And Japan's Yoji Yamada is to bring a harrowing wartime drama, "Kabei: Our Mother" (Kabei), in keeping with the festival's long tradition of championing cinema that confronts traumatic chapters of recent history.

Copyright 2008 Agence France-Presse. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Date: February 3, 2008 22:51

Not long now ...

[www.timeout.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1096
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home