Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 27
Re: Martin Scorsese's 'Shine A Light' To Open the 58th Berlin International Film Festival - All four members of the Stones will be there, too!!!
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: January 22, 2008 14:49

I hope someone sees it in Berlin and gives us a detailed report. I have a got feeling this really is going to blow away LSTNT and At the Max.

Re: Martin Scorsese's 'Shine A Light' To Open the 58th Berlin International Film Festival - All four members of the Stones will be there, too!!!
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 22, 2008 14:51

Gazza
JumpingKentFlash
I'll just throw this question out there for anybody to answer:
Would it be very hard to get tickets for a screening of Shine A Light in London?

For the premiere you mean? Yes...as with the one in Berlin, it would probably be a private/industry event

This is taken out of the IORR News ..."as SHINE A LIGHT premieres simultaneously there and at cinemas across UK via live satellite"...
Does this mean that It will premiere in London (Leicester Square) and, at the same time via sattelite, in other theaters in the UK? So this means that if Shine A Light is broadcasted to several theaters in London (Would be weird if Leicester Square was the only place in London) I could just go to a different place?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 22, 2008 15:33

That bit about the satellite feed has me pretty bewildered, I have to say. I'm totally confused by what it means.

Usually the Leicester Square premieres are a big media event in ADVANCE of the public opening of a film. Plus, April 2nd is a Wednesday - and movies in the UK tend to open on Fridays, so I would imagine the release date in the UK will be April 4th, as seems to be the case in the US.

I would REALLY like to think that as the Stones/ultrastar/rs.com were dangling the carrot of competitions for the New York premiere for US based fans as a selling point when trying to push sales of The Biggest Bang before Christmas, that they would do something for fans OUTSIDE the US to give some of them a shot at attending a premiere where the band would be in attendance.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 22, 2008 20:48

gazza, are you still taking orders for TBB? i've been meaning to order one but didn't need it for christmas so put it off...am i too late?

Posted by: babylon ()
Date: January 22, 2008 23:29

It is quite new that films - mostly music films or operas - open in a certain cinema and are also shown "live" in other cinemas; e.g. I saw the London premiere of the "Who film" live via satellite in a cinema in Vienna. Lately, some cinemas had simulcasts of operas from the Met in NY.
Nice idea

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 22, 2008 23:39

I would be very surprised if they all attended.With At the Max only Ronnie attended.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 23, 2008 06:09

stargroover
I would be very surprised if they all attended.With At the Max only Ronnie attended.

interesting - was that in london? this might be different, just 'cos it's scorcese. however, i'm surprised they'd all show up in 3 different cities! with two dates so close together.

Date: January 23, 2008 14:43

little queenie
gazza, are you still taking orders for TBB? i've been meaning to order one but didn't need it for christmas so put it off...am i too late?

The promotion ended a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately

Questions about "Shine A Lite" in U.S.......
Posted by: steviewags ()
Date: January 24, 2008 09:44

Hey Folks! Can't wait for "Shine A Lite" & (Hopefully) some shows in the U.S. This Spring........
Anyway, I heard the Release date is April 4th in the U.S.
Is there going to be a showing in Movie theaters (Like the Rio Show)? If so, I assume it will be on that date? Has there been an announcement? Just wanna know so I can put in for off from work that day!!! Also, does anyone know of any shows this Spring (Just Hoping!!0
Have a GREAT DAY everyone!!

Shine A Light (movie) -- pleasure or painful teaser?
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 24, 2008 15:27

I'll definitely go see the movie as soon as it's available near me. It's gonna be exciting to see what Scorcese has cooked up, and most of all -- I have to admit -- I'm keen to see the alleged "rare archival footage". But then again, I know I'm gonna leave the cinema wondering -- again -- when the hell will they release the rest of all that?

Re: Shine A Light (movie) -- pleasure or painful teaser?
Posted by: mikey ()
Date: January 24, 2008 17:48

Well, I'm going to fry in Hell probably for even venturing to say this on this board but I really do wish that the film's proportions of Bigger Bang footage/ archival footage could be inversed. I was really expecting something along the lines of his excellent Dylan documentary "No Direction Home", something that would be a real testimony to this fantastic band's acheivements and much in the spirit of Bill Wyman's "Rolling With The Stones", the bulk of the film being occupied with their genesis into the premier band of the sixties and seventies when they looked like the epitome of beautiful damned youth, playing the most energising and infectious blues based music and switching on and inspiring generations of rock musicians, writers and film makers to challenge the established idea of what was acceptable.

In fact the film I ws envisioning would have made "No Direction Home" seem pretty limp in comparison.

Perhaps next time...

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: January 24, 2008 18:02

Aw, Mikey, reading this I wish you were making Shine A Light2. Perhaps next timecool smiley

mikey
the bulk of the film being occupied with their genesis into the premier band of the sixties and seventies when they looked like the epitome of beautiful damned youth, playing the most energising and infectious blues based music and switching on and inspiring generations of rock musicians, writers and film makers to challenge the established idea of what was acceptable.

Perhaps next time...

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 24, 2008 18:21

mikey- you echo my sentiments

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 24, 2008 19:19

LieB
I'll definitely go see the movie as soon as it's available near me. It's gonna be exciting to see what Scorcese has cooked up, and most of all -- I have to admit -- I'm keen to see the alleged "rare archival footage". But then again, I know I'm gonna leave the cinema wondering -- again -- when the hell will they release the rest of all that?

this is also my biggest worry for sure

New Shine A Light poster.
Date: January 24, 2008 10:18

Here: [www.berlinista.com]
Great shot of Keith.
Also the article has this in it:
"The movie includes rare archive scenes and newer backstage footage as well as various interviews".

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-24 10:20 by JumpingKentFlash.

Re: New Shine A Light poster.
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 24, 2008 10:59

New Shine A Light thread...eye rolling smiley

Date: January 24, 2008 11:26

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

JumpingKentFlash

Date: January 24, 2008 14:11

JumpingKentFlash
Great shot of Keith.

You reckon? I think its pretty dire, actually. Seen much better from those shows which were taken by fans

Date: January 24, 2008 14:14

it's dreadful.

best not to pre-judge a 'book' by it's cover, in this instance.

Date: January 24, 2008 14:17

Glad someone else saw it the same way. Thought I was missing something there for a second. Of all the excellent shots they could have used, they pick a crappy, poorly focussed one.

Date: January 24, 2008 14:24

I think the idea of the shot is to show his arm swinging in the air. I like it, but of course: There's better pics taken by fans (And believe me when I say I have seen almost all of them). tongue sticking out smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: January 24, 2008 14:40

if i have some clue of what an official movie poster or graphic or design is
this is not
just some lousy photoshop cut and paste from the writer of berlinista

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 24, 2008 14:51

I agree, the copy is badly over laid.

If it is official then I'd gladly offer my services for free!

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: January 24, 2008 15:10

He looks like he´s trying to get rid of the guitar...

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 24, 2008 15:25

That can't be "official" - it's way too lousy.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 24, 2008 15:28

Gazza
JumpingKentFlash
Great shot of Keith.

You reckon? I think its pretty dire, actually. Seen much better from those shows which were taken by fans

You mean by one of the handful of real fans?

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: January 24, 2008 15:29

Gazza
Glad someone else saw it the same way. Thought I was missing something there for a second. Of all the excellent shots they could have used, they pick a crappy, poorly focussed one.

All professional photographers were replaced with, 18 year old bimbos with disposable cameras.

Shine a light on that!!! grinning smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 24, 2008 16:13

Many, many bootleg DVD sleeves look far better than this official movie poster. The only thing that saves it from being a total desaster is the "Shine A Light - In Theaters And Imax 2008" - headline. Why oh why, of all great Keith shots I've seen from the tour, they've chosen to use a shot were Keith looks like a freaked-out grandpa doing Keith Richards imitations in front of a mirror (like many of us used to do Mick Jagger imitations in front of our bedroom mirrors in our younger days!) I simply cannot understand. Who do they think they could impress and attract with such an amateurish mess?

Date: January 24, 2008 16:18

Bingo
All professional photographers were replaced with, 18 year old bimbos with disposable cameras.

Shine a light on that!!! grinning smiley

Looks like Stevie Wonder took that photo

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 24, 2008 17:00

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home