Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 27
Shine a Light - The Movie
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 24, 2008 20:46

Please post all comments about to the Shine a Light movie, the premiere and everything else related to it here. Please do NOT open new threads about Shine a Light. It will make the forum messy. Thank you!

Bjornulf

Martin Scorsese's 'Shine A Light' To Open the 58th Berlin International Film Festival - All four members of the Stones will be there, too!!!
Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: January 15, 2008 23:53

01.15.08 Martin Scorsese's 'Shine A Light' To Open the 58th Berlin International Film Festival
The 58th Belinale has selected the ultimate Rolling Stones concert film, "SHINE A LIGHT," from Oscar®-winning director Martin Scorsese, to open the festival on February 7, 2008, with Scorsese and The Rolling Stones in attendance.

Scorsese assembled an award-winning camera team to capture the raw energy of the world's greatest rock 'n roll band in two concerts at the Beacon Theatre on October 29th and November 1st 2006. Using sixteen 35mm cameras and one Genesis Hi Def camera to shoot more than half-a-million feet of concert footage, Oscar®-winning cinematographer Robert Richardson (The Aviator, JFK) supervised a team which included several highly acclaimed directors of photography: Oscar® winner John Toll (The Last Samurai, Braveheart); Oscar® winner Andrew Lesnie (The Lord of the Rings trilogy, King Kong); Oscar® nominee Stuart Dryburgh (The Piano, The Painted Veil), Oscar® nominee Robert Elswit (Magnolia, Good Night and Good Luck); Oscar® nominee Emmanuel Lubezki (Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, Sleepy Hollow); and Ellen Kuras (Summer of Sam, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind). The film was edited by David Tedeschi, who received an Emmy nomination for his work with Scorsese on the acclaimed Bob Dylan documentary, No Direction Home: Bob Dylan.

With special guest performances from Christina Aguilera, Buddy Guy and Jack White III of the White Stripes, the two Beacon concerts form the heart of the film. "SHINE A LIGHT" also features rarely seen archival footage and current behind the scenes footage and interviews shot using additional Hi Def, DV Cam, 16mm and 8mm cameras. With this extensive camera coverage and intimacy of the setting, Scorsese has created a extraordinary musical film event and given audiences unprecedented access to the Rolling Stones both on stage and off.

Produced and financed by Steve Bing's Shangri-La Entertainment and long-time Stones tour promoter Michael Cohl's Concert Promotions International, producers are Victoria Pearman, Michael Cohl, Zane Weiner and Steve Bing. Executive producers are Stones members Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood, with Jane Rose as co-executive producer.

In making the announcement, Festival Director Dieter Kosslick said "We are extremely excited to have the World Premiere of this magnificent film as our opening gala. Martin Scorsese has again set the gold standard when it comes to capturing the pure essence of an iconic band on the big screen."

The film will be released in North America on April 4th, 2008 by Paramount Classics.

Paramount Classics In Association with Concert Productions International and Shangri-La Entertainment Presents A Martin Scorsese Picture "Shine A Light" starring Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood with Christina Aguilera, Buddy Guy and Jack White III. . The film is directed by Martin Scorsese. The producers are Victoria Pearman, Michael Cohl, Zane Weiner and Steve Bing. The executive producers are Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood. The co-executive producer is Jane Rose. The director of photography is Robert Richardson, ASC. The film is edited by David Tedeschi. The concert sets are designed by Mark Fisher. The concert lighting is designed by Patrick Woodroffe. This film has been rated PG-13 for brief strong language, drug references and smoking.

[www.rollingstones.com]
[de.news.yahoo.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-16 16:27 by HighwireC.

Re: Martin Scorsese's 'Shine A Light' To Open the 58th Berlin International Film Festival
Date: January 16, 2008 00:37

what i wonder; is robbie robertson involved ?

Re: Martin Scorsese's 'Shine A Light' To Open the 58th Berlin International Film Festival
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: January 16, 2008 00:39

hahahahaha WMiller - where are you - have you blown your brains out yet???

Date: January 16, 2008 00:41

????
The director of photography is Robert Richardson

;-)

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 16, 2008 00:50

with Scorsese and The Rolling Stones in attendance.

that sounds cool.The Stones in Berlin.
so near, yet so far away, judging by older Berlinale pics - red carpet and all...

there's probably no way to get near them or even see the movie.
ah well, lets wait and see.

Date: January 16, 2008 00:52

open-g - is Berlin far from you? You should try if you can!

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: January 16, 2008 00:53

CindyC
hahahahaha WMiller - where are you - have you blown your brains out yet???

I only held that job for about 3 minutes before I decided to resign.

It's all good.

Date: January 16, 2008 00:57

CindyC
open-g - is Berlin far from you? You should try if you can!

I am in Berlin and the cinema is probably 5 -10 minutes from my place...

I'll be checking out what can be done to get in.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 16, 2008 01:00

open-g
I am in Berlin and the cinema is probably 5 -10 minutes from my place...
I'll be checking out what can be done to get in.

It should be an easy job, compared to Frankfurt 1973..!

Date: January 16, 2008 01:01

Oh great - I'll cross my fingers for you!

I was watching a travel show about Berlin last night. i thought it was interesting how they used some of the marble from @#$%& office (? could be wrong about it being the office) for the soldiers memorials.

Date: January 16, 2008 01:08

Heck, this would be the world premiere, wouldn't it? eye popping smiley

Date: January 16, 2008 01:14

Good news if you can't make it to Berlin - they'll have a video stream from the red carpet on their website.

[www.berlinale.de]

Date: January 16, 2008 01:21

open-g
Heck, this would be the world premiere, wouldn't it? eye popping smiley

Yes, open-g, it's the world premieree!
And it is a very good location for it.

...and if you can get some tickets, send some of them to me, I'll start immediately from Hamburg to go to this event! ;-)

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 16, 2008 05:52

Heck, this would be the world premiere, wouldn't it? eye popping smiley[/quote]

Yes, open-g, it's the world premieree!
And it is a very good location for it.

well, yes, sort of, it did show in NYC back a few months ago.

plexi

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 16, 2008 06:45

do you think the stones will show up in berlin and in NYC?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 16, 2008 06:52

Not trying to be negative. But realisticaly. No.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 16, 2008 06:59

ack - there was mention of them going to NY amongst discussion of winning tickets via the Rocks Off site (entered to win when you buy ABB DVD set). with ultrastar being behind it? could michael cohl be behind this rumor?

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: January 16, 2008 08:55

open-g
Good news if you can't make it to Berlin - they'll have a video stream from the red carpet on their website.

[www.berlinale.de]

Also live streaming of the Opening Gala, press conferences, and Awards Ceremony on the final day. The festival runs February 7-17.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 16, 2008 09:44

What a team; Emmanuel Lubezki's pure genious.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 16, 2008 10:10

I could fly to Berlin for 85 eur. But could I get in? Probably not...

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: January 16, 2008 13:40

Berlin, Berlin, ich fahre nach Berlin!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 16, 2008 14:27

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 16, 2008 14:31

little queenie
ack - there was mention of them going to NY amongst discussion of winning tickets via the Rocks Off site (entered to win when you buy ABB DVD set). with ultrastar being behind it? could michael cohl be behind this rumor?

That wasnt a 'rumour'...its what we were told - officially.

and per the first paragraph of the press release for this Berlin premiere, it specifically states the Stones WILL be in attendance.

They attended the premiere of LSTNT together when it was released - no reason why they shouldnt do so for this.

Now, the desperate hunt begins to somehow wangle a ticket for this!

Date: January 16, 2008 14:31

Er ... a question. Never been to a film festival, so I'm asking this out of total ignorance of what the f f f f f goes on at film festivals. Is the film screened ? If so, once only, or several times ? Is there an opportunity for members of the public to attend a screening, or is it only for the industry people - so to say ? Just wondering if it's worth jumping on a cheap flight to Berlin, or not ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 16, 2008 14:39

The official website states that press accreditation for the festival closed a month ago. I would imagine its basically an industry thing, especially for premieres. The film will of course be screened - as its the premiere. Not sure if its being entered for competition, though.

official website link here -

[www.berlinale.de]

the public CAN buy tickets for entry to the 'public programme' a few days before the festival starts on February 7th. [www.berlinale.de]

I'm not sure (in fact I doubt very much) that 'shine a Light' would fall into that category.

Date: January 16, 2008 14:53

OK, thanks. If there's even a remote possibility of getting to see it as a humble member of the public, I'd grab a cheap flight or use some air miles. Why not ? I've asked BarRoomQueen to give them a buzz (she's a German speaker), see what they come back with ....... ?

Posted by: BarRoomQueen ()
Date: January 16, 2008 15:01

I just called the Press Office for the BFF and they were very noncomittal about getting tickets to see Shine a Light. He asked me to send and email request to
press@berlinale.de and they would see what they can do. I have sent the email and will let you all know if I get anywhere!

Date: January 16, 2008 15:49

Aha ... they were non committal eh ? Well this simply won't do. Sounds like having to be a case of being forced to lie through one's teeth. OK, here's the plan. Call back; you're Steve Bing, I'm Michael Cohl, Beast is Martin Scorcese, and ManOfWealthAndTaste can be Daryl Jones ... that'll fool 'em !! And we'll have 4 tickets please, PLUS another four for any mates that wanna tag along !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-16 15:53 by paulywaul.

Posted by: BarRoomQueen ()
Date: January 16, 2008 16:10

Here is the reply I got from the press office.

The premiere of "Shine a light", as the opening film of this year's Berlinale, will be reserved to invited guests. The film will be screened for the public at another time. As the programme and schedule planning is still in the making, unfortunately, I can provide you neither with the exact day and time, nor with tickets.
After our programme press conference on January 29, the film schedule as well as the ticket service will be available at our website.

Thank you for your patience and best regards,

Katharina Neumann

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home