Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: What Was The Loudest Concert You Ever Attended?
Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: July 12, 2010 12:52

Keith and the Winos in Copenhagen. I actually got angry!

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: July 12, 2010 13:12

ac/dc

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 12, 2010 13:16

My ears were ringing for about a day-and-a-half after the Stones' Boise show.

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 13:38

Motörhead, 1998 (I think).

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 14:57

Die Toten Hosen in Saarbrücken, Germany at the end of the 90s. They even took the newspaper article of this show as the label art of their live CD of this tour.
The headline saying something like: hearing damages after rock concert.
^^

I had a ringing for about one week in my ears.

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: July 12, 2010 18:01

Well this is 'sposed to be a Stones forum, believe me it was very LOUD at The Forum gig, L.A. 2006

"...till the next time..."

Star

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 12, 2010 18:48

The Hellecasters at the Belly Up in Solana Beach California.
Way too loud...

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 12, 2010 20:00

The Who in Bercy-Paris-2005. I had to have

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: July 12, 2010 20:05

It's not a band that folks would generally put in this category, but, believe it or not, CANNED HEAT.

Summer of 1971, Salem, VA, on a triple bill with RARE EARTH and J. GEILS BAND, who had just released their fist album.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 13, 2010 02:04

keefriffhard4life
tatters
keefriffhard4life
tatters
keefriffhard4life
tatters
keefriffhard4life
tatters
The John Entwistle Band, playing in a tiny club in 1998. I stood about eight feet from John's massive bass rig, which he dubbed "Little Manhattan" because it resembled several skyscrapers. My ears rang for 72 hours afterwards.

Second place goes to the recently reunited Cactus, whom I saw in the very same club in 2007. So loud it hurt. Ears rang for 48 hours afterwards.

what a dumb thing to do, wear earplugs next time

Okay, dad.

ears ringing mean you just damaged your hearing. its nothing "cool" or "hardcore" about it. would you keep lifting weights so heavy that you tear a muscle everytime? no because you learn.

I heard you the FIRST time, DAD!!! (Can I still use the car tonight??? PLEEEZEEE!!!) And btw, I was TOTALLY cool and hardcore at the Entwistle show. I was standing right under John's mic stand and kept saying shit like "IT'S NOT LOUD ENOUGH, SIR JOHN!!!" It was a challenge. Like Jake LaMotta telling Sugar Ray Robinson to "Go ahead, hit me with everything you've got! You can't knock me out!" During the "Young Man Blues" encore, John motioned to the roadie to turn up the volume on his amps even more, which he did. Then I caught the roadie's eye, and gestured to him to turn it up EVEN MORE! AND HE DID! People were holding their hands over their ears! We were all nearly rendered unconscious! IT WAS F------ AWESOME, DAD!!!

cool, when i'm old and jamming on music you'll be wearing a hearing aid looking dumb.

C'mon, Dad. Quit bein' such a wuss.

thank you, i went to college for music recording technologies and the first day the teacher said "best advice i can give you about keeping a job in the field" and then handed everyone a brand new pair of earplugs. the teacher wasn't even 50 and had a special hearing aid that made it possible for him to hear part of the ranges he lost from loud music. i'm not even 30 years old btw

"Go, I say go away boy, you bother me"
--Foghorn Leghorn

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: July 13, 2010 12:39

Stones Santiago De Compestela 1999 was painful, but I think The Sex Pistols at Hammersmith 2008 was louder (and I have seen Motorhead).

I believe My Bloody Valentine are pretty loud, they give out ear plugs at their shows.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 13, 2010 14:39

Pink Floyd 1977 Frankfurt Festhalle. I heard the whistle blow for 3 days. Awful.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 13, 2010 14:47

The Dead Weather

HMV Forum, London

June 2009

....even wearing earplugs, i still had a splitting headache the next day.

dangerously loud.

Posted by: RiverStone ()
Date: July 13, 2010 15:24

AC/DC 2009
Sex Pistols 96

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 13, 2010 15:30

Adrian-L
The Dead Weather

HMV Forum, London

June 2009

....even wearing earplugs, i still had a splitting headache the next day.

dangerously loud.

I haven't been to that many concerts so I'm pleased to hear that my personal choice of Loudest Concert Ever really was as deafening as my old and inexperienced ears thought it was!

Brilliant (if rather short) set though.

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: July 13, 2010 15:38

tatters
keefriffhard4life
tatters
keefriffhard4life
tatters
The John Entwistle Band, playing in a tiny club in 1998. I stood about eight feet from John's massive bass rig, which he dubbed "Little Manhattan" because it resembled several skyscrapers. My ears rang for 72 hours afterwards.

Second place goes to the recently reunited Cactus, whom I saw in the very same club in 2007. So loud it hurt. Ears rang for 48 hours afterwards.

what a dumb thing to do, wear earplugs next time

Okay, dad.

ears ringing mean you just damaged your hearing. its nothing "cool" or "hardcore" about it. would you keep lifting weights so heavy that you tear a muscle everytime? no because you learn.

I heard you the FIRST time, DAD!!! (Can I still use the car tonight??? PLEEEZEEE!!!) And btw, I was TOTALLY cool and hardcore at the Entwistle show. I was standing right under John's mic stand and kept saying shit like "IT'S NOT LOUD ENOUGH, SIR JOHN!!!" It was a challenge. Like Jake LaMotta telling Sugar Ray Robinson to "Go ahead, hit me with everything you've got! You can't knock me out!" During the "Young Man Blues" encore, John motioned to the roadie to turn up the volume on his amps even more, which he did. Then I caught the roadie's eye, and gestured to him to turn it up EVEN MORE! AND HE DID! People were holding their hands over their ears! We were all nearly rendered unconscious! IT WAS F------ AWESOME, DAD!!!

Hahaha, this exchange is hilarious.

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: July 13, 2010 15:42

The loudest gig I was ever at (and I work at international music festivals- 2x per year for last 10 years) was goddamn loud. I definitely damaged my hearing, but so what, you don't go through life wrapped up in cotton wool and wearing a face mask like Michael Jackson at his lamest. No sirree. The loudest gig I ever attended was Jon Spencer Blues Explosion in 1996 or thereabouts. It was one of the best gigs ever and my hearing was completely blown for a few days afterwards. I take more care now, I use earplugs etc. but y'know life in rock'n'roll isn't pretty sometimes and you live with it. I'm sure that Blues Explosion gig did some damage, however minor, but that was all part of testing my limits at gigs

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: July 13, 2010 16:17

Grand Funk Railroad (Humble Pie w/ Peter Frampton was the opening act) 1970 Madison Square Garden

Led Zepplin '71 Madison Square Garden

Date: July 13, 2010 17:53

Motörhead at the Kugellager in Zürich-Oerlikon. The venue was a bunker down in the cellar. All cement.

I was excited I bit part of my front tooth. And of course I was drunk like an ape drinking smiley

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 14, 2010 02:38

The Who, Phoenix Coliseum. Must have been 1971 I think. Since that night my right ear never worked as well as the left.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 14, 2010 02:49

The WHo> at Capital Centre December 79. First concert I saw with the speakers hanging from the ceiling, and they were pointed directly at me and I couldn't escape. Had to lip read for at least a week.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 14, 2010 09:26

Adrian-L
The Dead Weather

Yes, Dead Weather was very, very loud, but I thought that was because I saw them in a club that only holds 600 people. I think my ears took longer to recuperate after AC/DC this past tour,

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: July 14, 2010 09:31

Slade at Brunel University - Dec 1980

followed by Motorhead at The Lyceum - 1980

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 14, 2010 18:18

The Outlaws, sometime in the early 80's. And it was outside. My ears rang for days.

Cheap Trick was a close 2nd. And AC/DC. The Stones in '81 were pretty darn loud too.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: July 14, 2010 21:10

Ted Nugent 1975 L.A. Forum In Los Angeles.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: July 20, 2010 15:43

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
August 19 1984
at Brendan Byrne Arena, East Rutherford, New Jersey

Audience kept shouting over 90 decibels.
What a show!

Posted by: microvibe ()
Date: July 20, 2010 16:04

pretenders 1981 smu college.rainbow rhode island

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 20, 2010 16:32

Intressting question cause I still remember that painful concert. It was Steve Harley & The Cockney Rebels in Stockholms concert house 1975. Anyone here was on that one? My head was ringing for a whole week, and it was from synthezisers, not guitars...

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: July 20, 2010 18:09

Stones at the last London O2 concert in 2007. Wasn't that close to the stage but my ears rang for about 48 hours afterwards. I don't ever want to experience that again, and will use those partial ear-plugs next time to save me from deafness in old age.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: July 20, 2010 18:13

Stones, Melbourne 2006. Unbeleivably loud....Keith's guitar in particular, although I think that the mix they were getting onstage was a lot different because I remember Mick telling Keith to turn it up!!

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1357
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home