Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT (sorta):Music Industry now trying to say cd ripping is wrong
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: January 3, 2008 02:08

Just saw on CNN.com that the music industry is now out to try to stop cd ripping. Not just distributing, but the act of copying your own cd's onto your computer or onto a cdr. Who is the evil freaking moron coming up with this stuff?

Forgot to copy the link, but go to www.cnn.com and have a look. It's a video of an interview with an attorney who also seems to see it as bull****... What will they say next? Maybe listening to music with another person in the room will soon be deemed as "illegal sharing."

Re: OT (sorta):Music Industry now trying to say cd ripping is wrong
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: January 3, 2008 02:54

"What's next?"
oh they'll probably try to push through some electronic chip that can count each time you play their 'property' that you have 'leased' from the RIAA, an industry so stupid and greedy that it killed itself out in the open for twenty very obvious years minimally...

and if you don't keep up with your payments, they'll take your car and into jail you go...
gosh what's next? acts charging 400 bux for a ticket? haaa nothing that cynical could EVER happen in the world of rock music, thank goodness for that much at least;

RIAA is now (today) "not" claiming that ripping your own CD is illegal (as they had done a day ago in the news cycle) but now saying it's merely "unauthorized" and so it goes....gosh i hope peeing is "authorized" because i've been drinking all day.

I do, however, think that artists & writers getting paid is very important. Wish the RIAA felt strongly about THAT amidst their whoring piracy of another kind.

[www.newslocale.org]

[yro.slashdot.org]

Re: OT (sorta):Music Industry now trying to say cd ripping is wrong
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 3, 2008 10:36

Many of us probably remember when the sleeve liner of every other album you bought was stamped with the "Home Taping is killing Music" logo ;^)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home