Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bill Wyman's Sticky Fingers Restaurant, London
Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: December 21, 2007 12:12

Hi IORR'rs, I will be going to Bill's Sticky Fingers restaurant in January - it is a Christmas present - anybody have any thoughts on how good it is, what the food is like, is the memorabilia any good etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Oh, by the way

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD!

Re: Bill Wyman's Sticky Fingers Restaurant, London
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 21, 2007 12:23

The food's ok, not that great. I was surprised at the decor cause I was expecting alot more rare stuff. Alot is from Steel Wheels et all.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 21, 2007 12:28

It's worth a visit I suppose. The menu is sort of "ribs n' burger" based, which is OK if a bit limited, and the memorabilia is quite interesting to look at at, but again - a bit limited. Nothing earthshaking, but worth a visit for sure.

Date: December 21, 2007 12:37

Thanks for the info

cheers

Date: December 21, 2007 12:46

Beware of childrens birthday parties - it is a very child-friendly place and can be overrun with squealing kids and balloons!

Posted by: luxury man ()
Date: December 21, 2007 13:26

Waste of time and money IMO. I was disappointed in both the food and the atmosphere/decor.

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: December 21, 2007 13:28

You should book a night, to avoid going to a children's birthday party. And check out the web site for the menu and the memorabilia. They're actually said to be among the best restaurants in this segment - burgers and ribs - if you're into that. Nice salads, too!
If you're lucky, Bill's in the restaurant. He sometimes comes by, since he now has an appartment not too far from Philmore gardens. His son Stephen is sometimes there too.
Take the tube to High Street Kensington, and you're practically there.
Here's a link - and enjoy your evening!
[www.stickyfingers.co.uk]

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 21, 2007 13:56

paulywaul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's worth a visit I suppose. The menu is sort of
> "ribs n' burger" based, which is OK if a bit
> limited, and the memorabilia is quite interesting
> to look at at, but again - a bit limited. Nothing
> earthshaking, but worth a visit for sure.

Agree...a must for a stonesfan (at least once) when in London

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 21, 2007 15:14

The food was a disappointment, but I did think the atmosphere cool, and if you ask the waiter really nicely, he'll probably let you take a menu home as a sourvenir, at least mine did!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: December 21, 2007 17:01

The hot dog I had at the O2 was better than the burger I had at Sticky Fingers...don't get your hopes too high...

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 21, 2007 17:17

inopeng Wrote:
> The hot dog I had at the O2 was better than the
> burger I had at Sticky Fingers...don't get your
> hopes too high...

agree.
overated and overpriced junk food.

McDonalds with knives and forks.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 21, 2007 17:21

i enjoyed the decor and took some pictures of the memorabilia, though you have to hang yourself over tables to see it and i felt a little rude. i did not eat there - too many animals on the menu.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 21, 2007 17:37

It's a fun place, the food is of the TGI Friday's quality & variety. I've been twice and I would go again, just because I love being in a restaurant hearing the Rolling Stones and seeing their beautiful faces plastered everywhere.

The last time I was there they had RnR Circus playing on all the TVs, that's worth the trip, even if you own the DVD at home like I do.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: December 21, 2007 17:55

I agree with LQ in that the much of the memorabilia is on the walls and if it's busy, to get a close look, you'd be hovering over somebody's table while they're trying to eat. To say the least, it can be a bit awkward.

If you're a RS fan and you're in London, it is worth the visit. Like CindyC said, it was cool to be eating and have the band's music playing the whole time! I'll never complain about that.

As for the kiddie birthday parties, how else do you expect Bill to find his next bride?

I liked that they had a lot of dead animals on the menu (though do respect others who don't) smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-21 18:22 by WMiller.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: December 21, 2007 18:06

LOL!

WMiller Wrote:
>>
> As for the kiddie birthday parties, how else do
> you expect Bill to find his next bride?

Posted by: atip ()
Date: December 21, 2007 23:35

Food is OK and if you're from U.S., it will seem way overpriced, but what isn't, considering the value of the dollar vs. the pound? As a big Stones' fan, it IS worth a stop.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: December 21, 2007 23:51

If you ask me, London is far too expensive to go to this place. Why not have drink in the bar and look around?

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: December 21, 2007 23:56

By the way, the meal I had at the Stocking Pot on King's Road was very good, especially for he money...someone on here recommended it and they were right!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 22, 2007 00:09

Was much better in the early 90s when it opened - since changing management, its not quite as good and has become quite pricey for what is basically glorified fast food.

Still, if youre a Stones fan in London, I guess its worth dropping by. Dont expect to see Bill too often.

Posted by: luxury man ()
Date: December 22, 2007 04:20

Have another one, Gazza...

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 22, 2007 04:21

Very amusing WMiller.

Bill's really a good guy and it must be mortifying for him to look back on that "episode" especially after all the "research" he'd put in on the road.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 22, 2007 04:23

Very amusing WMiller.

Bill's really a good guy and it must be mortifying for him to look back on that "episode" especially after all the "research" he'd put in on the road.

Recently, I was quite horrified to hear the ghastly Pamela Des Barres strongly imply she'd had relatively recent tumbles with Bob Dylan. My first impulse was to scream and make a "citizen's arrest."

Of course, in her case "recent" could be fifteen years ago.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 22, 2007 06:30

oh so thats how bill pays the bills these days

Posted by: Neil F ()
Date: December 22, 2007 06:52

I was there in 2001 one and it exceeded what I expected. I don't know when change of management happened. Back then the food was pretty good. Bought a signed Rythym Kings CD. We went late afternoon on a weekday so there were not many there. That made it easier to walk around and look at memorabilia. It was enjoyable.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: December 22, 2007 11:06

No value for money in that place. Last time I ate there I had a burger with fries for around 13 GBP. That is 25 USD today. The burger was OK, but not many fries on the plate.

Better to have a drink at the bar. Usually you can buy CDs and books signed by Bill.

Posted by: King Bee ()
Date: December 22, 2007 12:30

It also has Brian's goldtop Les Paul on display which he played on rock & roll circus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-22 13:52 by King Bee.

Date: December 22, 2007 13:10

Thanks for ALL the info, and amusing comments too, I can't wait to go now, especially if Brian's goldtop Les Paul is in residence. I thought I would be lucky to catch Bill in situ though!

Cheers to all IORR'rs

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: December 22, 2007 15:18

I agree with many here that it has certainly gone down hill. Isn't Bill's ownership share now minimal or non existent? If you have plenty of time in London then it is worth dropping by though. You are often able to at least run into a couple of others that share our passion.

If you are serious about Stones collecting you might as well drop me a line ([email protected]) and I would be delighted to show you the stuff I have managed to pull together which many have said makes Sticky Fingers look like a kids attraction. I also live a Stones throw from the site of the original Ealing Jazz Club and Ronnie's Art School.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 22, 2007 18:28

Earlier this year I bought a menu card from the restaurant at a CD market. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: December 23, 2007 21:19

It's half price food on Mondays....

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1927
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home