Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: NO SECURITY INTRO-VIDEO IN HERE
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 29, 2007 19:52

*sniff!*
all it tells me is that the necessary components aren't available. i *am* deprived.

Posted by: doster ()
Date: November 30, 2007 00:04

That's my all time favorite opener. If you saw it at a concert on the big screen and then the Stones appeared it was awesome.
Great tour too, loved the set lists.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 30, 2007 22:27

HelterSkelter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
. Same with SYMPATHY. Last
> Sympathy was 1975, THAN 1989 - long gap/not even
> close to a WAR HORSE.

I disagree with this one point because it was played at pretty much every show on the VL and bridges to bablyon tour. by that point it was a fixture.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 30, 2007 22:57

ryanpow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HelterSkelter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> . Same with SYMPATHY. Last
> > Sympathy was 1975, THAN 1989 - long gap/not
> even
> > close to a WAR HORSE.
>
>
> I disagree with this one point because it was
> played at pretty much every show on the VL and
> bridges to bablyon tour. by that point it was a
> fixture.

But as Helter says, it wasn't a warhorse in 1989 - allthough it did turn into such an animal a few years later.

BTW, Sympathy For The Devil was also played 4 times in London 76 + 1 time in Worchester 1981.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 26, 2019 14:23

[www.youtube.com]

Did anyone ever notice how a weird little voice says "hallo" at 0:12 in this video?
It probably wasn't audible at the concerts, but it's clearly in there. I'm a bit unsettled.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 26, 2019 16:42

I didn't hear it. Always loved this intro!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 27, 2019 05:38

Nikkei
[www.youtube.com]

Did anyone ever notice how a weird little voice says "hallo" at 0:12 in this video?
It probably wasn't audible at the concerts, but it's clearly in there. I'm a bit unsettled.

It's not a hello, it's just a noise.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: November 27, 2019 07:22

The best since the '75 TOA for an entry, IMHO. I love the tension. Anyway, thanks for posting....I am now wasting (not) my lunch hour watching NS Tour videos smileys with beer

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 27, 2019 17:49

GasLightStreet
Nikkei
[www.youtube.com]

It's not a hello, it's just a noise.

You're right

Posted by: paulbright81 ()
Date: November 28, 2019 23:43

Amazing I haven’t seen this since the day of the gig twenty five odd years ago.
I used to google search and YouTube search for this for years. I always remembered it was the drums and synth from might aswell get juiced. So cool

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 29, 2019 00:59

erikjjf
Satisfaction wasn't played at any of the No Security shows (January 25 - April 20, 1999). Neither was Miss You.

This, alone, made it one of their best tours. An "intimate" arena tour in the middle of winter, with some mid-market stops along the way - this was a huge deal at the time. Thanks again for digging up the intro video. Truly a gem.

Harm
I think it's very silly when they try to look like badasses at their age. Because they are not....the Stones are very nice people and they should be nowadays...
Anyway, it was a nice intro...

They are badasses - isn't this why we're here? Anyway, they were 20 years younger in 1999. It might look silly if Paul McCartney or Coldplay or Taylor Swift pulled this shtick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-11-29 01:05 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 29, 2019 11:46

"The best since the '75 TOA for an entry, IMHO. I love the tension. Anyway, thanks for posting....I am now wasting (not) my lunch hour watching NS Tour videos"

If ya haven't already done it, check out the D.C show of the tour, great sound quality and a "flowing" (for lack of a better word) picture.

smileys with beer

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 29, 2019 15:45

In my opinion the best opening was in the VL tour! I still remember the lights going out, the drums, then Charlie begins to hit his drums that made the stadium shake, it was obviously Not Fade Away, beautiful lights and the effects of the flames, beautiful the song and how they played it. In my opinion the best opening ...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 29, 2019 16:36

RollingStonesFan
Less warhorses?
There was just no Satisfaction at most shows.
JJF, SMU, BS, IORR, Sympathy, Tumbling Dice, Rambler, HTW, Paint It Black...all of them were played more or less on every single show. Just in another order than usual.

They also left "Miss You" at home.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 29, 2019 16:38

And, yes, that was a great way to open.

2015 was good also.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 30, 2019 21:16

They left Midnight Rambler at home and put Out of Control in it’s place.

When at the concert that intro video was played at the very beginning of the show when the lights went out. I thought there were cameras following the band to the stage. I realized it was a video at the next show.

Date: November 30, 2019 21:25

...but what about the creepy "hallo" voice? I can't be the only one who hears it, should I see a doctor?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 30, 2019 21:25

When the Stones retuned to the U.K. to do the postponed-from-1998 BtB shows in June 1999, they used that No Security intro video for those too, even though it was the full BtB stage set. I thought it worked well. They also did shows in Spain, Netherlands, Germany and Austria in a 10 date BtB mini tour ending in Cologne and I presume they used this intro video in those shows too?

Date: November 30, 2019 21:33

It also played in Stuttgart. It was my first ever visual impression of them as a 10 year old

Date: November 30, 2019 21:52

Nikkei, that's a great intro to The Stones (Stuttgart). Out of the 58 gigs I was at, I call this the best!

Date: November 30, 2019 22:02

Yeah it sure was. I don't have the most precise recollections, but the excellent bootleg filled the holes. What I remember best was MR on the B-stage (I was on my dad's shoulders very close to that) and how Keith went behind the piano to make silly sounds. Also remember Mick holding some sort of banner over his head, but I never found out what that was. I also used a mobile phone for the very first time, using the position of the moon to guide some friends in our direction. Also the fireworks and the confetti and what a beautiful day it was

Date: November 30, 2019 22:17

Yes, the bootleg is amazing, thankfully! You might laugh but I was also near the B-Stage, my memory of MR was watching how many people were being taken away because of the heat. I remember asking the guy next to me for a sip of water from his bottle, to this day I think it saved my life. On a sadder note both me and my friend were so tired and beat up from the sun we started walking away during SFTD. I remember clearly walking over the bridge away from the site. These days when I see concerts at the arena in Stuttgart I look over at the Canstatter and smile. That's where I saw one the greatest concerts of my life.

Date: November 30, 2019 22:38

Very hot, but I don't remember anyone fainting. I always found the long wait before the shows to be a bit of a buzzkill, even more in the heat. The show in Stuttgart last summer felt like a real full-circle event, I'm really glad I went for it.

Date: December 1, 2019 00:34

Yeah it was a sort of return for me. I sat under the upper rang with a towel over most my head to protect me from the heat, yet again the sun was strong. Funny that it turned out to be another very special gig. Perhaps my last. If it is I'm happy about it. There must be some kind of special karma between The Stones and Stuttgart.

Date: December 2, 2019 10:10

What great intro. For some reason Charlie reminded me of Larry Mullen in the video; and at one point I thought the sound was going into "Sweet Emotions" haha..
NS was the best late era tour IMO. They just kept going because they wouldnt stop.
Best setlists.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 2, 2019 19:19

I seem to recall there being construction-like lights flashing and yellow taping all over the stage whilst this played, but my memory might be a bit hazy from back then....

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 3, 2019 03:18

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-03 03:19 by schillid.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: December 3, 2019 22:27

There are other No Security videos of the opening on YouTube.

It was great but if I recall, the screens weren't very large.

The one I saw at Hartford 1999 is on there (JJF).

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: December 4, 2019 14:27

Awesome opener!

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: December 4, 2019 17:06

It worked really well in the arenas. I was in the 20th row directly behind Charlie's drums and the arena had one of those four sided jumbo screen scoreboards hanging in the center from the roof.

When the intro played people when nuts. Of course, the band were already under the stage waiting to play but 20,000 went crazy in the last few seconds as they thought, or wanted to believe, it was live footage.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2067
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home