Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: 2 Disc JOSHUA TREE (U2) + '87 PARIS CONCERT DVD out NOV. 20th !!!
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 6, 2007 01:01

U2's "JOSHUA TREE" is being released on Nov. 20th in a 2CD/1 DVD Remastered Limited Edition Super Deluxe Format. Here's the rundown -

DISC ONE - CD: Same as the Original CD

DISC TWO - CD: LUMINOUS TIMES (Hold On To Love)/WALK TO THE WATER/SPANISH EYES/DEEP IN THE HEART/SILVER AND GOLD/SWEETEST THING/RACE AGAINST TIME/WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME (Single Edit)/SILVER AND GOLD (Sun City album - Hotel Room Version)/BEAUTIFUL GHOST - INTRODUCTION TO SONGS OF EXPERIENCE/WAVE OF SORROW (Birdland)/DESERT OF OUR LOVE/RISE UP/DRUNK CHICKEN - AMERICA

DISC THREE - DVD - U2 LIVE IN PARIS at the HIPPODROME DE VINCENNES on 4th of July, 1987:I WILL FOLLOW/TRIP THROUGH YOUR WIRES/STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR/MLK/THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE/SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY/EXIT/IN GOD'S COUNTRY/ELECTRIC CO./BAD/OCTOBER/NEW YEARS DAY/PRIDE

Sounds like a good one, not forgetting a 56 page hardback book featuring the work of the great Photog. Anton Corbijn along with plenty of other interesting stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-06 03:54 by HelterSkelter.

Re: OT: Remastered 2 Disc JOSHUA TREE (U2) + '87 PARIS CONCERT DVD out NOV. 20th !!!
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 6, 2007 01:52

Looks like the DVD is not a complete show by the setlist you posted.

Would be nice for them to offer the DVD by itself.

Re: OT: Remastered 2 Disc JOSHUA TREE (U2) + '87 PARIS CONCERT DVD out NOV. 20th !!!
Date: November 6, 2007 02:02

I thought that too, a few songs must have been taken out - better than nothing though.... Look at the Milan '06 bonus DVD with the singles 18 CD, that only has 9 or 10 songs on it....

Re: OT: 2 Disc JOSHUA TREE (U2) + '87 PARIS CONCERT DVD out NOV. 20th !!!
Date: November 6, 2007 03:55

Bump (and grind)

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 6, 2007 04:47

I really like a lot of U2's stuff. I LOVED "All that you can't leave behind", and I saw them on that tour, at Earls Court in London, and I was blown away. A fantastic show. Really really great. It was my first time seeing them.

Then, I bought "How to dismantle an atomic bomb", and.... I think it's a really average album. "City of blinding lights" is a real standout track, a great cut, which proves they can still write a great song. But I just found the album in general to be pretty average. But all the media etc. seemed to think it was amazing. I didn't get it...

And I saw them on the "Vertigo" tour, it was a good show, but again, I thought, not as good as the show from the previous tour.

However, to see U2 do "Where the streets have no name" LIVE, is one hell of an experience...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 6, 2007 14:24

That Paris '87 show was filmed for TV. I remember Channel 4 showing some of it "live" that night (maybe 4 songs or so) as part of an "Island 25" special to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Island records.

Seem to recall Bill Wyman being interviewed during that special, although what his connection with Island Records is escaped me at the time. Maybe he slept with a Jamaican girl at one time or just turned up at the bash because there was some free booze going.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 6, 2007 14:50

I stopped buying U2 albums with "All that you can't leave behind", that was one horrific album, and for me, I never understood why or how all the critics raved about it so much. The song Vertigo itself I really liked, but not enough to waste anymore money on them putting out crappy albums.

Posted by: Marnix ()
Date: November 6, 2007 15:27

Another release to put on my list for christmas

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: November 6, 2007 15:38

VoodooLounge13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I stopped buying U2 albums with "All that you
> can't leave behind", that was one horrific album

It´s not. I think songs like Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Elevation, Walk On, Kite and In A Little While are among their best. They have made other, far more horrific albums.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 6, 2007 15:55

I remember guying all the vinyl singles that had B-sides not on the album, sure would be nice to have these all on CD!

This really is a fantastic album, and was a fantastic tour. No big flashy stage show like the tours that followed. Just good intense music.

SILVER AND GOLD (Sun City album - Hotel Room Version) - Didn't Keith & Ronnie play on this?

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: November 6, 2007 19:41

kovach Wrote:
>
> SILVER AND GOLD (Sun City album - Hotel Room
> Version) - Didn't Keith & Ronnie play on this?

Yes, this is the original 1985 acoustic recording of the song which is not actually by U2, but by Bono with Keith and Ronnie.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: November 6, 2007 21:29

Well, there goes another cd to add to my list!! I can't afford it, but I'll buy it. I think U2 has put out nothing but fine albums since day one. Some are better than others, and maybe the last two aren't as monumental as say, Achtung Baby, but I'm still impressed with the depth of this band, after so much fame and fortune. I can't wait for their next album. I saw them in '87, '97, '02 and '05 and it was fantastic every time...

The really interesting thing about U2 is how the music grows or ages... it toook me a year to get into Unforgettable Fire, and then it became one of my all-time favorite albums by anybody. HTDAAB is growing on me too!

I got the Joshua Tree the day it came out, though, and it knocked me out instantly. It will be fun to hear the re-issue and watch the DVD.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 6, 2007 21:47

kovach Wrote:
> I remember guying all the vinyl singles that had
> B-sides not on the album, sure would be nice to
> have these all on CD!
>

Didnt they put a bonus CD of that stuff on the 1980-1990 and/or 1991-2000 'best of' albums they put out a few years ago?

Date: November 7, 2007 11:44

Gazza Wrote:
> Didnt they put a bonus CD of that stuff on the 1980-1990 and/or 1991-2000 'best of' albums they put out a few years ago?

Yep! Although the bonus CD of the best of 1990-2000 did contain far less B-sides then the bonus CD of 1980-1990.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: November 7, 2007 13:50

All B-Sides from the Joshua Tree era will be on disc 2, plus Studio-Outtakes, Silver & Gold with Keith and (music critic) Robert Palmer and the "Streets" single edit (although it is also a different mix).

The songs missing from the DVD are the cover versions (Stand by me & C'mon everybody which started the show but were not properly recorded by French TV an "Help"):

01 I Will Follow
02 Trip Through Your Wires
03 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
04 MLK
05 The Unforgettable Fire
06 Sunday Bloody Sunday
07 Exit
08 In God's Country
09 The Electric Co.
10 Bad
11 October
12 New Year's Day
13 Pride (In The Name Of Love)
14 Bullet The Blue Sky
15 Running To Stand Still
16 With Or Without You
17 Party Girl
18 '40'

And there's more: Outside it's America (1987 documentary which contains the videos to "Streets", "Still haven't found" and some more), an alternate video for "With Or Without You" and the infamous, never-before-seen video for "Red Hill Mining Town".

To me, along with the book that comes with the "super deluxe edition", this is a fantastic package and a complete bargain (for about 26-28 euros).

It took them (u2) some time to come up with really good, well made, caring-for-the-fan editions of their material (be it live dvds or other things), but something must have "clicked" over there in Dublin and the latest few re-releases were great (ZooTV, Popmart).

Now I wish they'd manage to record another classic new album!

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 26, 2009 13:47

I just bought this from play.com for £7.99.
Must say it's a nice little package or box set if you prefer
[www.play.com]
It seems to have gone up in price since the weekend, still a good price though.
I hope that when We eventually get the Deluxe Exile it will be of simular content and quality

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: August 26, 2009 15:04

I agree on the Exile comment. I never ended up buying the U2 JT release, after I read that the remaster was not great, but I did download the audio of that Paris show. Good stuff, and it's got more songs than the above track listing. Not sure if it's the entire show or not, but it is close at least.

Here's to hoping we have some great stuff in these upcoming Exile and Ya Ya's releases.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 26, 2009 15:09

It's a great boxset, bought it for my wife's birthday back in May. The live DVD pleased her no end as she hadn't seen any live footage of The Joshua Tree tour.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: August 26, 2009 15:56

Nice package and a great DVD but the audio extras are a waste of space.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: August 26, 2009 22:54

I was at this show and it was a great one !

And for those who wants the missing tracks

C'mon everybody (Incomplete)

[rapidshare.com]

Help

[rapidshare.com]

Hope you'll enjoywinking smiley

HMN

Posted by: Mr.Ed ()
Date: August 26, 2009 22:59

Tate
Not sure if it's the entire show or not, but it is close at least.

It's not the complete show, only U2 songs on the DVD.
The removed some covers, don't know why.
Probably for commercial reasons.

I saw them that year in De Kuip, Rotterdam.
There they started with Stand By Me and I think they did Help and People Get Ready.

Mr.Ed

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: August 26, 2009 23:07

@Mr Ed

Papo wrote upper

The songs missing from the DVD are the cover versions (Stand by me & C'mon everybody which started the show but were not properly recorded by French TV an "Help"winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 26, 2009 23:14

U2 and Keith a short time after this DVD:

Could be a good show that one...

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 27, 2009 12:56

The Unforgettable Fire remaster super-duper deluxe diamond-encrusted box set is out in October. If the JT boxset is anything to go by, TUF should also be excellent.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home