Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: re-master Get Yer Yas Yas Out petition
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: October 22, 2007 06:34

ya ya's is perfect; much more of a potential for a re-master screwing things up...didn't you see the gimme shelter footage...those guys worked hard on producing that album and it sounds magnificent...my cd blows me away every day...it's all there...cracking great drums, full powerful bass, incredible guitars and singing...no offense but this seems extraneneous and asking for trouble and if they did it, which they won't, it would be another layer further away from what the boyz did, and boy they knew what they were doing...

if u want new and improved i think that's a laundry detergent.

yeh hey they should release '73 stuff, amen.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 22, 2007 13:21

ryanpow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> If I could expand...Just realease a side 2 with
> Satisfaction, Gimme Shelter, Under My Thumb Im
> Free You Gotta Move, Prodigal son and some stuff
> from BB king and The Ike & Tina Turner Review who
> opened for them.

thats exactly the ONLY way it could be done at all if they do it. YaYas as it is is a piece of art, between songs banter carefully added in, music overdubbed to an extent, lead vocals overdubbed, even the running order of songs does not follow the actual running order of 1969 shows...I cannot imagine how they could tamper with all that and not destroy the feeling the original record created.

and I cannot imagine that they add songs they did not work on for release at the time like the ones mentioned somewhere in between the original record running order. I can even less imagine that nowadays Stones would want to add instrumental and vocals overdubs to now nearly 40 years old live tapes if they feel they need to get worked on like the original YaYas.

that said, Id really love to get Satisfaction, Gimme Shelter, Under My Thumb, Im Free, You Gotta Move, Prodigal Son and "some stuff from BB king and The Ike & Tina Turner Review" in the same perfect quality as original YaYas, but again, getting them on a separate disc by leaving the original album intact is the best we could hope for imo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-22 13:28 by alimente.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 22, 2007 14:50

Me think it would be easier to make Rolling Stones consider releasing some 1976-2007 material, instead of something from the ABKCO years, or the first 5 years after leaving; 1971-1975.
Give us a revisited Love You Live instead - consisting of the El Mocambo show - ONLY...please!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-25 19:10 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 22, 2007 14:52

El Mocambo........YEAH that's dah one Erik....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 22, 2007 15:01

It would be the most rocking relase of this century, Rockman

Re: Ya Yas, not "yas yas"
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 22, 2007 15:09

smile: now now gentlemen - putting that much thought into it isn't the spirit of this endeavour! :E

Date: October 22, 2007 15:10

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> Me think it would be easier to make Rolling Stones
> consider releasing some 1976-2007 material,
> instead of something from the ABKCO years, or the
> first 5 years after leaving; 1971-1975.
> Give us a revisited Love You Live instead -
> consisting of the El Mocambo show -
> ONLY...please!!

yesss, good point. its difficult to imagine the Stones investing hard work into reworking material which would be released by ABKCO...both parties worked together for 40 Licks, but this did not involve lengthy mixing sessions, work was more or less done by lawyers to sort it out in legal terms so that one release could include both ABKCO and later Stones own material.

if the Stones intend to open vaults, my strong guess is that it would at least start with material they fully control and own, like El Mocambo from 1977. maybe at a later date they would care to invest time and effort into ABKCO controlled material...

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: October 22, 2007 21:12

Let's do with Love You Live something like Zepp is going to do next month with The Song Remains The Same...

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: October 22, 2007 21:26

alimente Wrote:

> if the Stones intend to open vaults, my strong
> guess is that it would at least start with
> material they fully control and own, like El
> Mocambo from 1977. maybe at a later date they
> would care to invest time and effort into ABKCO
> controlled material...

I don't get it. I mean, not that it wouldn't have been cool to get a release of El Mocambo, but what about '70, '71, '72, and '73? Decca doesn't control any songs from that period either, do they? -I thought that ended in 1976, with the ending of Allen Klein's clausul about releasing any Decca recorded song played live? The way I read the agreement is that the Stones weren't allowed to release any Decca recorded song played live before the year of 1976, until that same year. So technically we could have had Ladies and Gents out in stores in 1976 if the Stones had wanted it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-24 15:14 by S.T.P.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 22, 2007 21:38

....hell, I'll sign the petition......I'm not doing anything today anyway......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-22 21:42 by Lukester.

Date: February 24, 2008 15:17

Any news on this thing?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 24, 2008 15:26

>> Any news on this thing? <<

[www.iorr.org] ... and/or have you checked the petition site?

Date: February 24, 2008 15:39

Alright, thanks!

Date: February 24, 2008 17:00

with sssoul
>> Any news on this thing? <<

[www.iorr.org] ... and/or have you checked the petition site?

this is a bit misleading, one link goes to with sssouls own post (not that its not important, but... smile!), and the petition site just tells us that the petition is closed and has been forwarded to ABKCO and Chuck Leavell - hardly big news.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: February 24, 2008 17:01

Mathijs
Monkeylad Wrote:
> I want to witness the moment that the
> jewels and binoculars were hung on the head of the
> mule. In Gimme Shelter, I don't see them hanging
> from the mule's head. I could be wrong.

The actual shooting of the cover shot took place in London, February 1970. Apperently the photo's taken in Alabame did not work out.

I don't know if I want an extended Ya-Ya's. It's probably going to be the same with Live at Leeds by the Who. The original 6 track album is one of the best live albums ever, the deluxe version totally misses the impact of the original. There is a reason why they ommited many songs in the first place.

Release Brussels '73 instead, or a LA '75 show complete, or a good video of a '78 show.

Mathijs

What Mathijs said.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 25, 2008 00:58

What about the fact that The Rolling Stones have nothing to do with it? It's all ABKCO doings. They were dumb enough to just rerelease everything as it was originally. I hope they do sound better than the original CD issues. Just from Forty Licks I can tell the 1960s catalog sounds great.

I really don't get why y'all think the Virgin rereleases sound so bad. I think they sound fantastic. How much better could they be? I really doubt they could be any better. Ludwig did a fantastic job.

Klein is an idiot. Rereleasing all those comps when The London Years covers everything other than the albums. I wonder who all bought not only Forty Licks but Hot Rocks, More Hot Rocks, Big Hits, Through The Past Darkly and Flowers around the same time? That's just hilarious.

Posted by: Matt ()
Date: February 25, 2008 10:39

No that's not hilarious. I think many bought those albums because they have never sounded better thanks to DSD mastering and SACD layers.
Mats

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 25, 2008 18:52

To buy the same songs in a different order is what I mean, getting all those comps.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1303
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home