Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...269270271272273274275276277278279...LastNext
Current Page: 274 of 373
Re: Some Kinda Stones Connections
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 18, 2019 04:28

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 18, 2019 04:35

Very cool poster, Rockman!

Was at those shows, but have never seen this one!
( I would have remembered winking smiley Would love to find one..

Date: February 18, 2019 04:43

ROCKMAN

Date: February 18, 2019 07:05

ROCKMAN

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 18, 2019 21:13

Date: February 19, 2019 01:57

Herald Sun -- 19 February 2019

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 19, 2019 14:50

An (almost) empty Eel Pie Island.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: February 19, 2019 23:12

Classic Rock 259 -- March 2019

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 20, 2019 02:02

Beatles, Stones, Sinatra & beyond: Terry O’Neill Talks About His Cool Iconic Images

Burt Kearns
February 19, 2019

"What happened was I’d got rung up by their manager, Andrew Loog Oldham, who said, “I’d like you to take the Stones’ photos.” And I said, “Well, I can’t, I’m really busy.” “So we’ll come to you.” So I said, “Right, okay,” and off the top of my head, I had this idea to take them down to Tin Pan Alley (the center of London’s music biz). Because I didn’t like the Beatles shot. I know it’s a great shot, but I hated that shot of them holding all the instruments. So I said, “Let’s go down to Tin Pan Alley where all the songwriters are and we’ll do you like the kings of Tin Pan Alley.” So that’s what I did. I took them down to Denmark Street and all that, walking around London with their instruments and stuff to make them look cool.

I wanted to do the picture different than the Beatles shot, so I got them all standing there outside the Tin Pan Alley club in Denmark Street. They showed up looking like five ragamuffins, which suited me right down to the ground, because most of the bands wore suits, mohair jackets, all the ties and all the rest of it, and yet they looked boring. And this lot looked the real McCoy!

You’ve got to remember that they were a pop group who played in a little club down in Richmond (in southwest London), just a street band, a little rock ‘n’ roll band, and I wanted to give them some strong presence. At the time, they didn’t actually have a recording contract, but I wanted to make it look they had. And that’s why, as opposed to the Beatles shots, I shot them very strongly. So I shot them outside this club, and it went down a storm!

You can see that they had something from the way they stand. I mean, they were five individuals. The Beatles, they all looked different, but you just knew they were a quartet, where the Stones looked like five individuals. I always remember that. I remember when I took the pictures in, the picture editor said, “God, they look like freaks! They bloody look like wild men!” I said, “Well, that’s the way they are.”

[pleasekillme.com]

Date: February 20, 2019 10:16

...hey that's a good ^^^^ ... fanks Cristiano …..

ROCKMAN

Date: February 20, 2019 12:10

"At the time, they didn’t actually have a recording contract"

There's no way that Bill's hair was that long in early '63!

In this one, from the same session, the shop behind them would appear to be advertising "Not Fade Away" in its window.

Australian Women's Weekly December 23 1964

Date: February 20, 2019 12:25

… Hey Deltics … ya gotta remember in those days
it woulda taken something like a year for a photo ta get down here ...

ROCKMAN

Date: February 20, 2019 12:37

grinning smiley I wasn't using the date of the magazine as dating evidence!

This is what they looked like around the time they signed with Decca.

Date: February 20, 2019 14:52

Aside from maybe a few big things, in my memory I could not differentiate much between 2003 and 2004 or even 2003 and 2006, 7, 8, 9...

grinning smiley.

It's like Keith mixing up 1966 with 1964 when remembering Brian missing gigs on tour.

Date: February 20, 2019 15:20

Date: February 20, 2019 17:32

Whoooooops I get ya Deltics ….

ROCKMAN

Date: February 20, 2019 22:35

SHINDIG No86 -- December 2018

ROCKMAN

Date: February 21, 2019 00:30

Dave Mason interview -- Classic Rock 259 -- March 2019

ROCKMAN

Date: February 21, 2019 04:18

ROCKMAN

Date: February 23, 2019 00:36

PLANET ROCK Issue12 -- February 2019

ROCKMAN

Date: February 23, 2019 01:02

Parsnip - Nighthawks Bar -- 16 February 2019

Great show --- GREAT SOUND …… Rave on girls ….. Rave on

ROCKMAN

Date: February 23, 2019 01:28

ROCKMAN

Date: February 23, 2019 02:30

-------->>>>>>>>>>>>> [www.youtube.com]

ROCKMAN

Date: February 23, 2019 17:16

"In honor of The Rolling Stones going on tour this year, this is a ticket stub from when the Stones played a secret show as “The Cockroaches” at Atlanta’s Fox Theatre in 1978 for $10!!

Fresh off their album Some Girls, the band wanted to play smaller venues for some select dates on the tour to a more intimate environment.
Our editor’s dad, Charlie aka “Papa Stew,” grew up in the Atlanta music scene and has attended many unreal live events over the years. We’re unearthing some of his legendary live ticket stubs and memories from some incredible live music events he attended over the next few months from the Seventies and beyond."

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 24, 2019 04:39

James Booker
Mick and Keith wanted him to play at their after party on their boat.

Date: February 24, 2019 05:13

…. He's an out-there cat ….. but he can play those keys....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 26, 2019 00:17

Really nice video.

[www.youtube.com]

Watch it right through to the end to see the Stones Connection.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: February 26, 2019 00:24

Interesting Captain ……

Check here too ------ >>>>> [vimeo.com]

ROCKMAN

Date: February 26, 2019 01:27

Brian Jones receives a conciliatory letter from his father—"Even your grandfather listens to & watches you, even though he hates your type of music"

Description

Rare ALS by Lewis Blount Jones, four pages on two adjoining sheets, 4 x 8, April 1, 1964. A poignant letter from Lewis Blount Jones to his 22-year-old son, Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones, which reads, in full:

“My dear Brian, I was thinking only the other day, of how many of my acquaintances and colleagues etc, had died recently, & although they were mostly older than me, I had a sudden fear of passing out one day with many things unsaid, which for some reason or other, I can never seem to say when I see you.

We have had unhappy times and I have been a very poor & intolerant father in so many ways. But never for one minute have I ceased to have the same love and affection for you that I had when you were very young & we used to knock about together. You grew up in such a different way from that in which I expected you to, & I was quite out of my depth.

Despite my mistakes, I assure you that whatever I did, I was sure at the time that I was acting for the best. I thought you were making the mistakes, but you have proved me wrong, & I am really delighted that you have done so.

In my most drastic of all actions, which I shall never forget, or cease to worry over, I felt it was the only way to save my home & bring you to terms with yourself. I don’t suppose you will ever forgive me, but I would like you to try just a little. Please do not think we have changed because you are merely successful. I am delighted that your courage and guts have brought you success, but all I ask is for just a little of the affection I think you once had for me.

The same applies to all your relations. They could not understand you, and were embarrassed by our estrangement of which I told them nothing. They all know now that we are happy again & believe me, blood is thicker than water. Even your grandfather listens to & watches you, even though he hates your type of music.

For my own part I have studied it hard, & I have grown to like it very much, & deeply regret my intolerance. Your mum, who is narrower in outlook than I am, likes your music too + that speaks a lot. I think you have done more to educate me than I have done for you.

I enjoyed reading ‘BEAT’ and ‘RAVE’ this month. I would have loved when I was your age, to have run away to study & work with the organ but everything was so different then & I had not your guts, so perhaps we are not so dissimilar after all. This is a very private & personal note, so don’t trouble to reply. Tell me next time we meet, if you accept it. Barbara has always been very attached to you, & is very proud of her brother. Bye for now, love Dad.”

[www.rrauction.com]

Date: February 26, 2019 01:49

Very interesting …..
A great find … Fanks Cristiano buy yaself a new coat...

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...269270271272273274275276277278279...LastNext
Current Page: 274 of 373

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1332
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home