Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tribute Acts
Posted by: skelly ()
Date: August 28, 2007 16:47

Has anyone seen "The Rollin' Clones"?

[www.rollin-clones.com]

I was thinking of going to see them in Glasgow in October. I was just wondering if anyone had seen them and if you thought that they were any good?

Thanks

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Re: Tribute Acts
Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: August 28, 2007 17:01

I've not seen them, but given that its (relatively) rare for any of the better-known Stones tribute acts to come north of the border, I may well have to put in an appearance at this, so cheers for the heads up...

Why do the Rollin Stoned seemingly never come up here, I wonder...(?)

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 28, 2007 17:04

the best in the business:-

[www.rollinstoned.com]

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: August 28, 2007 17:06

So I've heard, but given that the actual Rolling Stones play Scotland more frequently than the Rollin Stoned do, we have to make do with substitutes!

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: August 28, 2007 17:12

CaledonianGonzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>>
> Why do the Rollin Stoned seemingly never come up
> here, I wonder...(?)

Rollin Stoned played the Renfrew Ferry last year, about November time. I never went but a couple of mates did and they said they were great. It's the same mates who tipped me off anout this gig.

Years ago I seen the Counterfeit Stones at the Kings Theatre, they were really good too.

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: August 28, 2007 17:24

They are all cr4p - I like the real thing.
Have any of 'em been on 'Stars In Their Eyes'?
If not I'm not interested.

Oily.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: August 28, 2007 18:10

I'm not into tribute bands, but had seen Rollin Stoned at the 100 club and went to see them at the Renfrew ferry. A good night out with some mates not to be taken too seriously. I believe a good time was had by all.

Never seen Rollin' Clones, but have often seen local band Sticky Fingers - usually for free - and they're pretty good in a tongue in cheek, but still play well type of way. Must admit, a couple of times I've heard them play a song that was actually tighter than the Stones doing it. If you like Stones tribute bands and find yourself in the Glasgow area, check them out (and recent live album "Get yer Yo Yo's Out").

Posted by: ROLLING STONED ()
Date: August 28, 2007 18:37

The counterfeit stones have often played around my area, but I have heard they are are bit of a characacture kind of show. STONED AGAIN played near me a few years ago, but i did not fancy having to drive through 10 miles of thick snow to see them.

I used to do some part time roadie work for a Dutch DOORS tribute band, when they were playing in the U.K, and sometimes go as a guest when they were playing in mainland Europe, and one tiem they did a double bill with another Dutch tribute band called STOLLING RONES, who were said to be pretty good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home