Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Zombies to reunite and tour in 2008
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 26, 2007 08:14

This may have been covered but I just caught wind of it recently.

The good news for Zombies fans is that all of the surviving members of the band have announced that they will tour in 2008 to mark the 40th anniversary of Odessey & Oracle.

They will play this album in its entirety at the show. Odessey and Oracle, the blood-coursing, stake-pierced heart of the Zombies' undead catalog, shall walk the earth when four of the original five Zombies-- Colin Blunstone, Rod Argent, Chris White, and Hugh Grundy-- reform to play the entire album through, twice.

Fifth original Zombie and guitarist Paul Atkinson, barring any actual undead activity, will not be present; he passed away in 2004. Keith Airey will round out the fivesome for these special shows, which celebrate Odessey's 40th anniversary.

But that's fuzzy math, you say. Odessey came out in 1968. And indeed, according to Blunstone's website, you'll have the time of the season March 7 and 8 of next year (2008-1968 = 40) at London's Shepherds Bush Empire.

The concert will be split into two parts; the second, of course, being a run through the gem-packed dynamo, and the first being a cavalcade of classics from other Zombies records, material from Blunstone's solo career, and hits by Rod Argent and Chris White's post-Zombies project, Argent.

Re: Zombies to reunite and tour in 2008
Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: August 26, 2007 08:15

Who?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 26, 2007 08:16

which members have been touring this summer on the hippiefest tour? I know Argent's been in the band....

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 26, 2007 12:32

Will Rod have the balls to use a mellotron!?

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: August 26, 2007 13:16

main Zombie men Rod Argent and Colin Blunestone (and i think under the Zombie name) have been touring for some time doing Zombies songs as well as stuff from their rspective solo careers. This will be the first time they original line up will have got together. Odesssy & Oracle is regarded as a "lost" 60s classic. I have some friends who just swear by this album, Its a marelous piece of barouque pop. Blunstone possessed (and still does) a marvelous voice.

I hope they do a warm up in their home town St. Albans, only a few miles down the road, not so unlikely as they have played the local Hall a few times in recent years.

I cant believe that someone hasnt at least heard of The Zombies.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 26, 2007 16:03

Nanker Phlegm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> main Zombie men Rod Argent and Colin Blunestone
> (and i think under the Zombie name) have been
> touring for some time doing Zombies songs as well
> as stuff from their rspective solo careers. This
> will be the first time they original line up will
> have got together. Odesssy & Oracle is regarded as
> a "lost" 60s classic. I have some friends who just
> swear by this album, Its a marelous piece of
> barouque pop. Blunstone possessed (and still does)
> a marvelous voice.
>
>

Rod stole the show on the 2006 Ringo tour. Somehow, I've missed out on a couple of opportunities to see the recent Zombies tours with Argent and Blunstone, but there's no way I'd pass up a chance to see a full-blown reunion. Very cool.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 26, 2007 20:28

I saw The Zombies back in March with Ian Hunter.....Kind of a boring show actually.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home