Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Unbelievable! -O2
Posted by: benon ()
Date: August 24, 2007 23:43

it is 2007! not 1981 - they reanimated this song in O2 - they are unpredictable smiling smiley -this is real rocknroll , i love the Rolling Stones !

Re: Unbelievable! -O2
Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: August 25, 2007 00:45

Satisfaction sucks throughout the whole European tour. It sounds completely out of tune. And Keith fails to remake the intro of the 89/90 tour.
Absolutely horrible playing! It's beyond me how they can butcher such a great song.

Posted by: benon ()
Date: August 25, 2007 01:13

I agree and that`s why this performace is so unique smiling smiley

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: August 25, 2007 01:25

I'd prefer a version where you can at least make out the riff. I mean this is the basis of the whole song. Anyway, there are probably a hundred other ways to reinvent the song. But this one is rubbish.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: August 25, 2007 15:01

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: August 25, 2007 15:53

I must admit, Satisfaction was the low point of the gigs for me - especially Tuesday night which just sounded like a total mess.

Lee

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: August 25, 2007 16:07

Agree!

Everybody knows the riff of Satisfaction. The fact that they have managed to mess this up, is quite unbelievable. At Oslo it sounded like a noisy engine.

This proves that The Stones to some extent is quite a shitty band!

Don`t count on any thumbs up from me!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 25, 2007 18:17

The new Satisfaction is no worse than any other live version of Satisfaction from 1981 or any other time.

Regardless of whether Keith likes it or not, they cut a perfect track back in 1965. A track that just ooooozes sensuality, with the two guitars just kind of slithering back and forth -- the studio version is the definitive single in the history of rock and roll (or at least critics generally rank it no. 1). Live, they have always played it about 2 times too fast, with Mick's vocals in that annoying lower register and generally floating in and out of pitch. They have not stayed true to the original recording (well, except for the Ed Sullivan Show back in 65), and turned it into a rock-march stadium warhorse. I would love to see them play at the right tempo, a "real" version of Satisfaction (and Street Fighting Man, for that matter).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1305
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home