Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jet last night
Date: August 24, 2007 21:07

I like 'Get Born'a lot, but is it just me or were Jet terrible last night? The sound was bad, but all the songs were similar and the 2nd guitarist and bass player were almost non-existent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-24 21:08 by Singer_Not_The_Song.

Re: Jet last night
Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: August 24, 2007 21:11

The sound was bad, yes! Anyway, all in all, I enjoyed their performance. Especially the second song was great, so could anyone tell me the name of it??

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: August 24, 2007 21:14

Not mad on Jet BUT i would never judge a support band at an arene (or bigger gig) they are onto a loser from the start and are lucky to get a 10min soundcheck and rarely get the same OOMPH as the main act.

Date: August 24, 2007 21:20

RollingStonesFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The sound was bad, yes! Anyway, all in all, I
> enjoyed their performance. Especially the second
> song was great, so could anyone tell me the name
> of it??

It's called 'Are You Gonna Be My Girl?'. It's on 'Get Born'.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: August 24, 2007 21:24

Jet's first album was a killer, A1 ass kicker - really rocks..... unfortunately the second one basically sucks so the "Good Songs" were probably from their first one (check YouTube for all the vids).... mystery solved.....

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: August 24, 2007 21:43

yes the first record was way better, the second one was o.k. enough for me to hope for a better third record.

saw them in berlin this year and the sound was great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-24 21:44 by stoneswashed77.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: August 25, 2007 01:18

Never heard or seen Jet before last night but they were a big improvement on The Kooks on Tuesday. Their singer was either acting like he didn't give a shit or was throwing a strop because the audience didn't know their material. Either way, they were nowhere near Jet.

Jet are obviously influenced by The Who and AC/DC. The drummer was great, a real Keith Moon style, the way he leaned over the drums while looking to his right was obviously modelled on the great man. Just before their big finish I said jokingly to my mate, "Go on Keith, trash your drums". 30 seconds later over went the bass drum - great stuff.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home