Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Seat upgrades at the 02
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 23, 2007 11:59

On Tuesday night my wife and I were offered upgraded lower tier seats for the show in place of our rubbish upper tier tickets once we were inside. The venue is obviously trying to pack out the empty spaces in the stalls and lower tiers so it doesn't look unsold. There are plenty of seats left to buy.

Re: Seat upgrades at the 02
Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: August 23, 2007 12:30

Silver Dagger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On Tuesday night my wife and I were offered
> upgraded lower tier seats for the show in place of
> our rubbish upper tier tickets once we were
> inside. The venue is obviously trying to pack out
> the empty spaces in the stalls and lower tiers so
> it doesn't look unsold. There are plenty of seats
> left to buy.

Well don't tell anyone here. Within a short time at least 10 people will tell you, that it's totally sold out ;-)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 23, 2007 12:33

Silver Dagger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On Tuesday night my wife and I were offered
> upgraded lower tier seats for the show in place of
> our rubbish upper tier tickets once we were
> inside. The venue is obviously trying to pack out
> the empty spaces in the stalls and lower tiers so
> it doesn't look unsold. There are plenty of seats
> left to buy.

Don't you wish all venues did this ? I don't know about you, but if I see a better seat than the one I'm in just sitting there empty 30 seconds before showtime, I don't wait for a bloody invitation from the venue to get into it ... I get in there regardless. And if the legit occupier turns up, I move - no problem. But why waste a good seat ?

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: August 23, 2007 12:35

Its totally sold out smiling smiley winking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 23, 2007 13:38

It's not sold out. Just went on Ticketmaster and they still have seats for both shows.

Date: August 23, 2007 13:52

I was KIDDIN' of course its not sold out. but BIG DEAL its hardly gonna be echoing due to there only being a few 100 there.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 23, 2007 13:53

Steady boys ... no fussin' n' fightin' now. Not before lunchtime anyway. Just in case we'd overlooked it, I thought it might be prudent to point out that the IMPORTANT bit takes place at one particular end of the venue on a rectangular shaped flat bit of wood generally referred to as "the stage". Do we really give a toss whether at this point in time you can still get two seats in block C3 or four seats in block 404 ? So it ain't true blue 100 percent sold out. Jeez ... hardly a tragedy. And anyway, maybe we should spare a thought for the poor f***ers that are actually TRYING to buy tickets for the final two shows, instead of looking at what's for sale and what isn't just for the purpose of adding fuel to the fire in what is at the end of the day a pretty nonsensical and futile discussion. Be happy for THEM at this the 11th hour, they'll GET IN !! Be happy for ALL ... there's two shows left and they're gonna be scorchers, dontcha know it ??

Date: August 23, 2007 13:59

i'm heading off now, 30miles from london. good brekkie inside of me, hotel booking and tickets zipped inside jacket pocket, , clean knickers for the morning, toothbrish and paste,weed and whiskey for a hotel nightcap. Oh and ready to hear those guys rock.

CYA ALL THERE.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: August 23, 2007 14:30

The only reason it's not sold out is because of the way they sell tickets nowadays. When I wanted tickets for all of the shows, I went on to ticket master and kept getting a sold out message. This must have been the case for lots of people who tried to get tickets - most of whom will no doubt believe what they're told and stop trying. I ended up agreeing to do other things on the other dates so only ended up going to tonights show out of the three - IF TICKETS HAD BEEN MADE AVAILABLE EARLY ON I WOULD HAVE GONE TO ALL THREE SHOWS.

So the spare seats are nothing to do with the stones not being able to attract a crowd but this is to do with the ticket sales policy of ticketmaster.

Some seats are released last minute once lines of site have been confirmed but this will only be a few seats - the majority are unsold because of TM policy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1622
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home