Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: O2 London #1 - show reports & comments
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 23, 2007 00:34

a shocking (well, that's an exaggeration...the stones are way past shocking me at this point) lack of imagination and respect for their legacy. shameful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-23 00:34 by StonesTod.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 23, 2007 01:29

LolA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A block row P, seat 38. How is that? Actually I
> was hoping to be able to move toward the stage
> during the show, or just stand in the alley, but
> it seems that everyone stays at their seats? I
> can't really imagine....

A3, Row P, seat 38 would be a very good seat. I think that would be the last row of the A blocks, which run only 14 rows deep (there is no letter I, and no letter O). Catwalk starts at seat 31, so you would be Keith's side, row 14, 7 seats from the rail. THat's a good seat by any definition, unless you are height-challenged. If you are shorter, then the safer option would be the side view.

Security was very tight on the first night. I was on Ronnie's side, and for the first 1/2 of the show, security kept clearing the catwalk. The only person allowed to stay on the catwalk the entire night was my 9 year old daughter. Security was nice to her though - giving her ear plugs and a pick from Ronnie that dropped between the rails. I guess it pays to be 9 years old. . . .

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: August 23, 2007 03:54

I was in Blk 106 at the back of the arena - which is not really that far from the front and the B stage was practically in front of us - excellent

The sound at the start was ok - the balance seemed slightly off but got better throughout - guitars weren't loud enough at the start - turn it up!!

The band were on form - Mick always great, Ronnie fantastic, Charlie as always and Keith is still master of the riff and rhythm

Like BB King, Keith can't sing and play at the same time - doesn't bother me for his songs, played a few riffs on Wanna Hold You - but a note of respect for Blondie who supported Ronnie on guitar duties - blended really well and it was a great version

No problem with standing - some sat down at different times but no worries...

Can't understand the empty seats thread - except for odd ones in the upper tiers, it was not evident from my viewpoint - looked full all round

Highlights for me:
YGMR
Rocks Off
CYHMK
YGTS
Satisfaction - fast, intense and cooking - still!!
PIB

But great all round - roll on Thursday

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 23, 2007 04:44

I thought London was in for something special...I guess not.

Date: August 23, 2007 04:47

Hairball Wrote:
> I thought London was in for something special...I
> guess not.

when this all started about five years ago, i had no idea how many victory laps the stones were capable of making....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 23, 2007 06:13

Evidently at least one more,since it seems like coming back this way once again next year.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: August 23, 2007 06:44

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
> Evidently at least one more,since it seems like
> coming back this way once again next year.

don't think we'll see another victory lap associated with the ABB tour...but, I think we'll see another tour before we see another album (don't think we'll ever see another of those), so in that sense I agree with you.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 23, 2007 06:47

really, this is interesting. what kind of tour do you see them doing? do think they'll be smaller venues less shows, them doing more like festivals and stuff w/ cheaper tickets? or another big extreveganza?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-23 06:48 by ryanpow.

Date: August 23, 2007 06:55

ryanpow Wrote:
> really, this is interesting. what kind of tour do
> you see them doing? do think they'll be smaller
> venues less shows, them doing more like festivals
> and stuff w/ cheaper tickets? or another big
> extreveganza?

there's a serious problem with that type of thing, ryan...gazza has talked about it and he's right: the stones are a band that can't just turn it on and off at will. it's been that way for a decades....but in particular, Keith needs the rehearsal time. in other words - it takes a huge commitment on the part of all band members to put a show together - no matter the size of the venue or length of the tour. they're not just gonna show up and "do some shows." so, my hunch is that, barring health issues, they'll regroup to do some kind of a (probably mostly arenas) tour without the benefit of new album....another victory lap....

Date: August 23, 2007 07:00

Yeah right Tod. It won't be a continuation of ABB. Maybe they'll call it Shine A Light 08. Or some other clever marketing slogan. But simply put,I think they realize they are just too hot (by their standards)to quit right now. Everything seems to point toward a US arena tour next year. The timing seems to be Spring/summer or Summer/Fall. Either way,let's hope they shake the shit out of the setlist.

Re: hay b.v. where's the o2 suprises?
Date: August 23, 2007 07:02

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> The leader of the incorrect-spelling-mob;
> Svendborg, strikes again

eeeehmm....I like to think of myself as holding that title. My record speaks for itslef. Sure, Ive been spelling correctly latley I know, everyone goes through slumps. I'll turn it around.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-23 07:07 by ryanpow.

Date: August 23, 2007 07:04

ususally Im pretty upbeat about the stones, but the reason they might be so hot right now is becasue they know the tour is almost over. they feel good about completing it and are psyched becasue of that, and the pressure of having a whole rest of the tour to do is over. thats kind of what Im thinking...

Date: August 23, 2007 07:06

Hot? says who?

Date: August 23, 2007 07:09

some people.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-23 07:10 by ryanpow.

Date: August 23, 2007 07:10

Yeah well,their is the Mick Greatest hits album coming out. The Bigger Bang cd is supposedly doing well and they have the movie coming out next year. So they are forever self promoting...............By the way,I posted an update on the Bruce tour on the what are you listening to thread. But that keeps getting stuck. So if your interested check it out. Talk to ya later ryan. Take it easy.

Date: August 23, 2007 07:13

yeah, thanks man. now those are reasonable prices!

Date: August 23, 2007 07:16

ryanpow Wrote:
> some people.

not people who are listening to these recordings - there have been a handful of good recordings from this leg - and they do not demonstrate a band that anyone with a decent ear would characterize as "hot."

Date: August 23, 2007 08:04

Havent heard them myslef... guess what I was thinking of was earlier in this thread when Gazza said the songs sounded as great as they ever have or something along those lines. So I guess Im just thinking these last few shows have been really good. But Im not there myslef so I dont reall know.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-23 08:13 by ryanpow.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: August 23, 2007 11:15

Oh man, the droll,tired, 'experts' creak into action again.

ST - enjoy your recordings,if you own any that you actually like.
I'm just glad that you are stuck in that computer chair and not over here with your carefully-considered grey cloud.
You have some kind of misery agenda, good job we have the likes of Gazza for some credible informed comment.

Me - I'm just off to the 02 for some 'unhot' fun, you know what I mean? Another ride on the Stones train.

Love, Oily.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 23, 2007 11:28

Anybody use the thames clipper? and whats it like getting a drink in the 02? is it crushed or are there enough bars to cater for the thousands?

Answers before noon please, thats when i am setting off.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: August 23, 2007 11:34

You won't have any problem getting a drink. Don't know about the clipper though.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 23, 2007 11:42

Whats StonesTods problem.

Drag yourself away from analysing poorly recorded boots and try a gig for a chnge.....

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 23, 2007 12:18

rebelrebel Wrote:
> You won't have any problem getting a drink. Don't
> know about the clipper though.

thanks about the drink, looks like i will have to skipper the clipper all by myself, pirates of the caribbean !!

Posted by: EdgeySide ()
Date: August 23, 2007 15:06

hello, here is a link to the photos i took on tuesday night.

I'm in the 'nosebleeds' tonight, but im hearing that the sound is great up there, which is good, more pics from tonite tomorrow!

[www.facebook.com]

cheers

Posted by: gerrox ()
Date: August 23, 2007 15:12

whats up with the london weather!? its even worse than ireland where i've come from! thank jucka o2 is indoors. sound on floor is not state of the art or amazing imo. slane was far far sharper and clear. lots of fun at the bstage right beside the band! so close. audience at our spot a lil dull how can they just stand for the whole show without a tweak and leave b4 end? there's no probs gettin back to town, either tube or boat. no need to rush out!

highlights were all the firsts i got at one show! CYHMK, LIB, respectable, BOB!! all amazing. very excited to read about staff swappin upr tiers for ground. i'm up there tonight and will be defo onto that one! nice one.

pilot inn is supurb. really nice chattin w neill from birmingham. hope u gor yr roks off man!!

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: August 23, 2007 15:40

Great pics, Edgeyside. Boy, that floor looks tiny. I'm likin' that. Can't wait to see it first hand Sunday. I get on my flight from Hollywood in 12 hours. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Pilot Inn.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 23, 2007 18:29

Is it the angle, or are the B-Stage seats closer to the stage than usual?

Date: August 23, 2007 19:07

They are closer - the B stage catwalk is shorter.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: August 23, 2007 19:10

ablett Wrote:
> Whats StonesTods problem.
>
> Drag yourself away from analysing poorly recorded
> boots and try a gig for a chnge.....

agree !!!

Date: August 23, 2007 19:11

custom55 Wrote:
> ablett Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Whats StonesTods problem.
> >
> > Drag yourself away from analysing poorly
> recorded
> > boots and try a gig for a chnge.....
>
>
> agree !!!

please don't impune my boots! they are fabulous recordings that demonstrate this band in all its missing glory!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home