Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: do you think theres another tour to come?
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 20, 2007 03:30

......Streisand announced that she was retired and would not sing publicly again not too long ago and yet Cohl got her to get out and do another round of shows.................

Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: August 20, 2007 03:43

if you wanna do "small" tours , it can be something like this:
MSG , NYC 2 shows
TD Banknorth Garden , Boston
Wachovia Center , Philadelphia
MCI Center , washington DC
Soldier Field and United Center , Chicago
Ford Field , Detroit
Bradley Center , Milwaukee
Rupp Arena , Lexington
Nationwide Arena , Columbus
Miami Arena , Miami
Superdome , New Orleans
Reliant Stadium and Compaq Center , Houston
America West Arena , Phoenix
Staples Center and Memorial Coliseum , Los Angeles
MGM Hotel , Las Vegas , NV
BC Place , Vancouver , BC
Key Arena , Seattle , WA 2 shows

and thats all , about 2 months , i think its not too hard to do

then 1 big show at

Estadio Azteca , Mexico df
Estadio Maracana , Rio de janeiro 2 shows
Estadio River Plate, Buenos Aires 2 shows

japan:

tokio dome , tokio 4 shows
Fukuoka Dome , Fukuoka , Japan 2 shows

australia :

rod laver arena , melbourne 3 shows

europe :
you know , another 20 arena shows and its about just 6 months , they wont get tired for their age

wipeacdc@hotmail.com
never too old or young to rocknroll!!!!!!

Posted by: stoner63 ()
Date: August 20, 2007 21:27

J.J.Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I say 09 a smaller arena tour. Maybe a new album
> or single(ala Don't Stop)

I think this is the most realistic.Hopefully supporting a new album

Re: Tours all over for Stones Sunday Mirror
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 20, 2007 21:31

LOL..ok. well I guess they did that many because capacity wise its much the same as one night at Wembley Stadium

With the added incentive that being indoors its easier to get away with pricing more than half of the tickets at £150 and make the cheapest £70 - whereas they couldnt really have done that for a stadium show. Cheapest tickets last year at Twickenham were, what, £40?

It's down to: 1 city / 3 shows - what are your predictions for the band's future
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: August 20, 2007 20:02

From reading all the different posts/comments on here these last many months this is how I see it playing out IMHO:

SEPT 2007 - they take a month long break

OCT/NOV - Mick has to do a promo tour (TV, Magazine, Newspaper Interviews - not saying live shows) for his "BEST OF" CD/DVD. Also promo SHINE A LIGHT (if it's not held back)

DEC/JAN 2008 - break

FEB/MARCH/APRIL 2008 - SHINE A LIGHT promotion and throw together a quickie album - TATTOO YOU style - with a lot of leftovers and a couple new songs

MAY/JUNE/JULY/AUG - Do a short Asia/Aussie tour and a summer US stadium tour

SEPT - break

OCT/NOV - do a "NO SECURITY" style USA ARENA/THEATER Tour

DEC - break

No Stones activity in 2009.... I think that Daily Mirror article was true - no more giant tours so these short tours in 2008 would not be part of ABB tour but something completely new - totally different set list, scaled down stage.....

So, what does everybody think?

Re: It's down to: 1 city / 3 shows - what are your predictions for the band's future
Date: August 20, 2007 20:05

I think highly doubtful

Re: It's down to: 1 city / 3 shows - what are your predictions for the band's future
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 20, 2007 20:09

Mick has already done an EPK for his Greatest Hits CD. I doubt there will be any showcase concert for it. SHINE A LIGHT has been held back until April 2008 so there will be no promo this year. Jagged Films' next production, THE WOMEN is just starting principal photography and I imagine that will absorb a good deal of Mick's time. BV indicated earlier this year that Mick will be working on a new solo album for Capitol Music Group after the tour. Charlie is expected to reassemble his jazz band for some shows next year and both BV and Gazza believe there will be a Spring/Summer 2008 US arena tour presumably coinciding with SHINE A LIGHT. Scaled down stage? I imagine so since its arenas. Totally different set list? Are you @#$%& insane? Be happy if we see four different songs during the entire tour. Keith and Ronnie both have book deals to keep them busy during the band's downtime. At this late stage, its foolish to look forward more than a year.

Date: August 20, 2007 20:25

I think its safer to say no Stones touring in '08,nothing until '09!Hopefully...they need to rest,regroup,Mick has his film company & they need to release something.I think '09 is a better possibility than '08.

Would you rather have a formal announcement or just fade away when "the last time" occurs?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 20, 2007 19:26

I'm talking Stones retiring (or giving up large scale touring). Remember they chose to NOT make a formal announcement about the hiring of Ronnie on a full-time basis.

As for me - don't announce it, give us a "glimmer" of hope.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Re: Would you rather have a formal announcement or just fade away when "the last time" occurs?
Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: August 20, 2007 19:39

Let's see what their closing song is on the last night of the tour.

Re: Would you rather have a formal announcement or just fade away when "the last time" occurs?
Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: August 20, 2007 19:45

custom55 Wrote:
> Let's see what their closing song is on the last
> night of the tour.

In that case,lets hope its 'Till the next Goodbye'

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: August 20, 2007 19:48

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
> I'm talking Stones retiring (or giving up large
> scale touring). Remember they chose to NOT make a
> formal announcement about the hiring of Ronnie on
> a full-time basis.
>
> As for me - don't announce it, give us a "glimmer"
> of hope.

They'll say nothing. One minute they'll be there, the next they'll be gone.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 20, 2007 20:02

I'd be disappointed if they announced a Farewell Tour or Farewell Show. It would be more fitting to look back and realize a particular gig was The Last Time as happened with Brian, Mick Taylor, and Bill's last gigs.

Posted by: nikki bong ()
Date: August 20, 2007 21:19

is there a 'neither' option?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 20, 2007 21:24

Yeah, nikki, that's the right call, but we gotta be realistic here. I don't want the guys to become embarassments to themselves or us. They're still the best live band in the world. Let 'em go out n top.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: August 20, 2007 21:36

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
> Yeah, nikki, that's the right call, but we gotta
> be realistic here. I don't want the guys to become
> embarassments to themselves or us. They're still
> the best live band in the world. Let 'em go out n
> top.

Excactly!

Re: Tours all over? All posts here please!
Posted by: phd ()
Date: August 20, 2007 21:43

All we can be somewhere certain of is that they won't play in 2010 in Europe.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 20, 2007 21:44

There are now a dozen or so new threads on IORR
basically asking the same question again and again:

- Is this the last tour?
- Is London Aug 26 the last show?
- Will there be more shows?

Please use this thread only.
I will merge all new threads on the same subject here.
Please do not start new treads for this discussions.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: August 20, 2007 21:49

Take it easy guys. Tabloids have been killing the Stones since the 70's.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 20, 2007 21:59

carlostones10 Wrote:
> Take it easy guys. Tabloids have been killing the
> Stones since the 70's.

Yesterdays paper mentioned no more tours, not no more Stones , I think they will still play live but in small venues over a short residency period.
Look on the O2 as the start of this type of show,possibly without all the backing musicians on some nights .
A bit like Clapton did a few years ago with his 24 nights at the Royal Albert Hall.

Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: August 20, 2007 22:09

But why didn't they announce "it's all over" before or during the europe summer tour? They would have sold every single ticket!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 20, 2007 22:14

Maybe because its neither wasnt or isnt?

Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: August 20, 2007 22:22

»Maybe because its neither wasnt or isnt?«

That's right. This is why I doubt this new rumour of "the end".

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 21, 2007 00:17

carlostones10 Wrote:
> Take it easy guys. Tabloids have been killing the
> Stones since the 70's.

Actually, since the mid 60', but point well taken.

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: August 21, 2007 00:22

Vegas - November 10th (or thereabouts)

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: August 21, 2007 00:43

aslecs Wrote:
> Vegas - November 10th (or thereabouts)

Dream on buddy :-)

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 21, 2007 02:38

For what it's worth, my mailbox has suddenly been deluged with Google news alerts from various sites reporting that this is the last tour for the Stones.

Seems, though, that all of the sites are the celebrity gossip-type and I have not heard of any of them before. I hope it's just BS.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: August 21, 2007 04:18

ROPENI wrote:

"They're old, Keith is a mess, and fans are not buying the oldies shows that the band is putting on, How many shows have been really sold out lately? NONE."

Man, you're a real 'miracle' of logic! You have attend two ABB gigs, earlier. In USA and Latin America. One "good" and one "great" (words of yours). But after it (what a miracle!)you're ABSOLUTELY sure that the band "is not the same". Being based on what some folks are saying here about Keith and maybe in the name of some low quality videos which could "prove" that even Hampton '81 was a bad concert!

Yes, they are old. And wise too. And they still deliver a great show. Unless you think they were good UNTIL the day they played in front of you...

Anyway, as your opinion has basically to do with what others are writing here, allow me to observe..

First point: the majority of the serious complaints about Keith, on this board, is refering mostly to the first gigs of the current leg.

Second point: the vast majority of the folks who are (or were) critical with Keith has the opinion that the whole shows were good or great. You can check it.

Third point: do you remember the so strong moaning about Ronnie on the european leg of Licks Tour, on this board? Do you remember the "predictions" about his end as a guitarist, or the comments like "he is gone"? Is that what we have seen and heard on ABB tour? A "dead" Ronnie?? I don't think so...

Fourth point: the Stones will not decide about their future judging from my opinion or from your opinion, as for their performances. They count the general impression that is formed by international Press and some other factors. If you really think that the general impression (articles and reviews on big papers, etc) is negative for them, then open your eyes, look at the Internet, read newspapers as more as possible...

But, hey, ROPENI, when you talk about attendance you're not a simple "miracle of logic". You're a M-I-R-A-C-L-E... "Fans are not buying the oldies shows that the band is putting on, How many shows have been really sold out lately? NONE."

Oh, yes, you're "right"... "Lately"... Slane was a "failure"... as well Lausanne, Oslo, Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Helsinki, Bucharest, Budapest... Oh, yes, the Stones played in ...half-empty venues there... Oh, yes, if they're selling 44,000 tickets for a gig that takes place in a 45,000 capacity stadium that's a serious reason to say "time to quit"... But why on earth did they start ABB tour, after having seen Lick's "disaster"? You know, during Licks Tour only 60% of the gigs had been sold out... And now, on the entire ABB tour, another one "disaster"... They played in front of 4,600,000 people only (not including Rio)... What a "shame"... "Failure"...

ROPENI, sometimes i wonder which planet you're living in... Honestly...

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: August 21, 2007 04:28

Something more: i wrote "they count the general impression that is formed by international Press and some other factors." Most important factor is the reactions and the mood of the crowds, of course... Have you heard about unhappy and unsatisfied audiences, ROPENI??? Ask the fans who attended gigs, unless you feel able to judge this (ALSO this!) from video's... That would be another one mirracle!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 21, 2007 04:39

Edith Grove Wrote:
> For what it's worth, my mailbox has suddenly been
> deluged with Google news alerts from various sites
> reporting that this is the last tour for the
> Stones.
>
> Seems, though, that all of the sites are the
> celebrity gossip-type and I have not heard of any
> of them before. I hope it's just BS.

Yeah Grove who are you gonna trust to provide the best Stones info. The celebrity rag sites,or the Stones message boards? Which have a better track record for info. Espicially on tour info.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1341
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home