Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Let Me Introduce Myself
Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: August 17, 2007 15:33

Hi Folks

Been checking this site for a few weeks in anticipation of of next weeks o2 gig. Been a fan of the stones since I was a kid, now 47. unbelieveably even though I'm a regular gig goer, this will be my first stones gig. my first gig was Rory Gallagher in his home time Cork 1973, recent gigs The Stooges, Jesus & Mary Chain, OS Mutantes, next gig (after the stones) Sonic Youth. fave stones album probably Exile.

hats off to the folks who run this site, and the people who make a great community. I'll keep a low profile next thursday, me being a blow in and all that.

Re: Let Me Introduce Myself
Posted by: nikki bong ()
Date: August 17, 2007 15:35

there's someone else here with an uncanilly similar username

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: August 17, 2007 17:28

Welcome. I can't believe you've been a stones fan for so long and not seen them.

When you do, everything will be fresh and new. You will have a great time - no doubt. Which show(s) are you going to?

Date: August 17, 2007 17:41

o2 thursday. My wife loves the stones as well but due to having an autisic son, she hasnt had the chance to go to many gigs with me the last 18yrs. she isnt as gig mad as me anyway. this year has been tuff and when she recently said "i'd love to see the stone but wouldnt pay that kinda money" i said to myself "FECK IT, I'm GONNA GET TIKS" her face was worth the price of tiks alone, when i told her. even though i''m only 30miles outside london, i've also booked a hotel and will do the tourist thing the next day.

its gonna be a GID YIN as my scottish friends would say.

Posted by: Mickerdicker ()
Date: August 17, 2007 17:51

Have a great time! I am sure you will!
All the Best!
MJ

Posted by: nashville ()
Date: August 17, 2007 17:56

Welcome aboard - I saw Rory Gallagher in about 1977 - a great gig. Looks like you've been to see some good gigs recently as well. What were Os Mutantes like?

Andy

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: August 17, 2007 18:03

Welcome on board, Nanker

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: August 17, 2007 18:23

Welcome, Nanker. It'll help if you have thick-ish skin but I'm sure you'll love it here. I'm on my way to 42 and I just saw them for the first time almost a year ago (8/20 Twick 1 show). You're gonna love it!

When I was in my early 20's, I was at a club called Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel in Providence, Rhode Island. The was some guy on stage playing and it must have caught my ear in a good way, because I asked the guy next to me who he was. He looked at my as if I had two heads and said, "That's Rory Gallagher, man!"

You & your wife definitely deserve a great night out! Make the most of it.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: August 17, 2007 18:28

Hi Nanker

Welcome aboard - from one of the other Nankers (no that is NOT rhyming slang!)

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: August 17, 2007 18:45

Nanker Phlegm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

I'll keep a low
> profile next thursday, me being a blow in and all
> that.

Welcome!

There is no need to keep a low profile next thursday! Come along to 'The Pilot Inn', it's a pub about a 5-10min walk from the O2 arena. There will be over 100 stones fans, some from europe, the US, all meeting up during the afternoon, up until showtime. We have spoken to the pub, they are getting extra staff in, they serve food, and they are allowing us to bring stones cd's to play over the sound system. It will be a GREAT way to start your first Rolling stones gig, a chance to meet like minded people, and an excuse for a couple of drinks before the show!!

Hope to see you there! The pub address / details are in another thread here, but just google the pub name and you will find adress details on some of the pub review websites.

Cheers!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: August 17, 2007 20:28

......nice to finally hear from you Mr. Phlegm....I could hear you out there breathing, well wheezing

Date: August 17, 2007 20:28

thanks for the welcome folks, i just may turn up at the Pilot.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: August 17, 2007 20:47

Welcome Nanker P!
In one way I'm sorry for you for all Stones-gigs you've missed.
But in another way I envy you! Just think about having your first Stones just in front of you!
Enjoy!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home