Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Hamburg reports and comments
Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: August 17, 2007 11:48

Hi Wesley,

I enjoyed our 2 days in Helsinki very much. I'm skipping Slane but going to all London shows.

Neil

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: August 17, 2007 11:51

Lucky you!

Have a blast!!!!

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: August 17, 2007 12:52

Hamburg 1 TV videoreport :

[www.hamburg1video.de]

Posted by: heinz_str ()
Date: August 17, 2007 13:57

here some pics from hamburg.

Charly Watts signs in front of the Hotel in Hamburg

Blondie Chaplin with Fans at the Hotel

My Wife with, you know..

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: August 17, 2007 18:20

Heinz, I'm fourth from left (with glasses) behind the girl in the black Adidas jacket on your 4th picture. Where can I see what you look like?

Date: August 17, 2007 18:37

so you now have a photo from you in hamburg.
thats me:
[www.iorr.org]

Date: August 17, 2007 18:55

heinz_str Wrote:

>
> My Wife with, you know..
> [www.toptours.de]

Hey! I saw that "you know" guy in Frankfurt and Paris...he's a riot!

Date: August 17, 2007 23:23

riot, what is thatßßßßß
i know, my english is bad. please can you explain

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 17, 2007 23:31

riot is another word for "guy looking embarassing with 500 lamps"

Date: August 17, 2007 23:46

thanks for explanation, too tough.
for me, it`s not riot (a new word for me)
this guy visit stones gigs since 1965, and I would rather say that it is courageous.

Date: August 18, 2007 00:43

[www.dict.cc]

= "Er ist zum Schießen!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-18 00:45 by TooTough.

Date: August 18, 2007 02:20

thanks teacher, "too tough"

Posted by: TE ()
Date: August 18, 2007 02:53

Hmm, found the HAM tread.
Heinz! Great to finally meet you. Great photos again. Say hi to your lovely wife!

TE
Oslo

Date: August 18, 2007 15:13

Posted by: TE (IP Logged)
Date: August 18, 2007 02:53

Heinz! Great to finally meet you. Great photos again. Say hi to your lovely wife!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

yes, me too TE
also nice photos, you made, but for posting here, it`s better to compress before.
so it load much faster.
i gave the compliment to my wife. she said thanks.
she becomes 50 this year.

greetings to norway
heinz

Posted by: TE ()
Date: August 18, 2007 21:19

They still have a ball. And the security worked. They changed their mind 3-4 times. First we were allowed to touch the rail, then not, then OK. Oh well.
I said to the guy who obviously was in charge "why not have it like Dusseldorf". He said wait and came back with a smile.
Someone obviously gave them some instructions.
OK set list, Ronnie spending lots of time on Keith's side. Keith running!!! We are talking 20-30 meter as in the good old days.
Don't remember many mistakes.
Was probably my last one this tour, unless a miracle happens on the vacation day side. Had 15 good times with them since Boston. Will never complain.
TE
Oslo

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: August 19, 2007 00:50

TooTough Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> SOUND: wasn´t good all the time at the side of
> the stage. A bit muddy at
> times and too “high”. Charlie´s snare as always
> was not different from
> the toms.
>
> A great show for me and my son.

The snare sound is OK and great. That's the way a snare has to sound today.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: August 19, 2007 16:05

Just came back from Hamburg as I added a few days of holiday with my gf and my bro in the area (the Heidepark features some terrific rollercoasters that managed to excite even the die hard rollercoasterfan that I am, bloody hell!).

As to the concert: my gf is more or less a Stones virgin so I was curious about her thoughts. She's not really into their music but loves the spectacle, and where better to sit to watch it all than on the tribune opposite the stage? So that's where we'd picked our tickets. The ticketchange operation that came with the turning of the stage would make our places uncertain however, since the seats opposite the stage were now sold at 20 euros more! So I suspected we would be moved to the upper corner.

But nothing of the kind: our tickets got exchanged for the more expensive ones ("ein extra Bonus für Sie!") and we were opposite the stage as planned, but closer of course.

I must say the ticketchange operation went very smoothly and well organised. We changed them at about 5 pm before going to the city for dinner and coming back at about 7:30. There was no queueing whatsoever. But the logistics involved in the decision to turn the stage are very extensive: it takes more than a hundred staff to (very friendly) inform, direct, re-direct, direct again, change tickets, and direct the way back out. It takes some 12 partytents (with several for every original price class) and miles of fences on a parkinglot next to the stadium. It takes loads of paperwork.

Of course this is all done to make the stadium look less empty when not enough tickets are sold. But if you look at the extra organisation to get this done, you'd almost wonder if it wouldn't have been easier to just leave everything as planned and give away the empty seats. Perhaps they're actually using the sales situation to bring the stage nearer the crowd to the peoples benefit?.....

Anyway, I must say that up where we were the sound was not too good. Most of all it was loud not at all subtle. Especially for people like my gf (and most of the people up there who are mostly not diehards) this is a pity, since it makes all the faster songs sound somewhat resembling to their ears and moreover they can't make anything out of the lyrics. But as we all know, the visual spectacle makes up for this more than satisfying. She enjoyed it a lot and so did I, maybe even more than in D'dorf where I was on the field. But that might have been the setlist.

Strong impressions for all three of us were Midnight Rambler, Ruby Tuesday and Jumping Jack Flash. For me Love Is Strong was exciting as well as it was my first time for this tune. YCAGWYW, which is one of the few my gf knows and enjoys especially, was not played. It was the first time I hoped for it. Well, anyway. Typical remark: "That Keith doesn't do too much with his guitar, does he?" (concluding about the first part of the show after Wanna Hold You). I must say I couldn't argue with her on that. But he made up for it on JJF, where he actually fired one lick after the other.

Oh btw: once again Keith was excellent on Brown Sugar and opened it correctly. I think they choose on giving him more time for playing that intro. He doesn't walk on and open it at the same time, but he's standing still which is better. In Düsseldorf e.g. he walked on, stood still, smiled at the audiance and fired away. Now in Hamburg it was again done somewhat different: he walked on stage in the dark, and the moment he opened Brown Sugar a spotlight pointed at his presence as a surprise, after which the full spectacle joined in. This was very nice.

Date: August 19, 2007 20:21

rknuth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> The snare sound is OK and great.

No, it´s not.

Posted by: STONESFAN77 ()
Date: August 20, 2007 20:29

I saw a very good Show.
All on fire.
Also Keith.--Great---
Very good Review from Jan Wölfer.
i absoluotly agree.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: August 20, 2007 23:40

I'll start some nice Pics now on the german Highwire homepage.
This is the first one:

You'll get it in big (some 4 MB ) by clicking the pic at the site.

Enjoy!

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2079
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home