Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 15
Re: 1792 american tour, please share your experiences
Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: June 19, 2009 13:54

I was at the opening night of the 1792 tour!

They played a song with the line "let´s bury the hatchet" in the first verse, can´t remember the title. So long ago. "Mick´s Emotions"??

Hard core fans criticized them for these words of peace and harmony. Back then the Stones were well known as big rebels!

I bet, the Stones played the song to please all the Indians in the audience (those, who could afford a ticket).

Priest

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 19, 2009 14:45

Yep,and Mick Taylor is still waiting for Columbus!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 28, 2009 02:34

bump

HMN

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 28, 2009 02:37

Hey man, can you spare a:

Date: November 28, 2009 02:39

I've just had enough of a one hour registered jerk winking smiley

HMN

Date: November 28, 2009 03:01

Honestman
I've just had enough of a one hour registered jerk

Well, at least you're honest! winking smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 2, 2009 01:15

bump

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 2, 2009 02:47

in 1792, my great great great great grandfather sat next to Rembrandt's father in the audience. He said that the sound quality sucked but Keith looked great and signed a few autographs after the show.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: December 22, 2009 15:14

This piano was used by the Stones on a later tour (in 1882):
[cgi.ebay.com]

Well... is the date of manufacture, but I can't resist since the title is: The Rolling Stones Stage Used 1882 Bosendorfer Piano....

Posted by: Urban Wheel ()
Date: December 22, 2009 16:33

Well this was the news of 1792 and Heilobaas was right from the beginning!

January 1792
Wednesday 25: The London Corresponding Society is founded

February 1792
Saturday 04: George Washington is unanimously elected to a second term as President of the United States by the U.S. Electoral College.
Monday 20: The Postal Service Act, establishing the United States Post Office Department, is signed by President George Washington.

March 1792
Friday 16: King Gustav III of Sweden is shot; he dies on March 29.
Thursday 29: King Gustav III of Sweden dies after being shot in the back at a midnight masquerade at Stockholm's Royal Opera just 13 days earlier. He is succeeded by Gustav IV Adolf.

April 1792
Monday 02: The Coinage Act is passed establishing the United States Mint.
Thursday 05: U.S. President George Washington vetos a bill designed to apportion representatives among U.S. states. This is the first time the presidential veto has been used in the United States.
Friday 20: France declares war on Austria.
Saturday 21: Tiradentes, a revolutionary who was leading a movement for Brazil's independence, is hanged.
Wednesday 25: "La Marseillaise" (French national anthem) is composed by Claude Joseph Rouget de Lisle.

May 1792
Friday 11: Captain Robert Gray becomes the first documented Caucasian to visit the Columbia River.
Thursday 17: The New York Stock Exchange is formed.

June 1792
Friday 01: Kentucky becomes the 15th state of the United States.
Monday 04: Captain George Vancouver claims Puget Sound for Great Britain.
Sunday 10: Stones Live on stage, Long Beach, California, Arena

August 1792
Friday 10: French Revolution: Storming of the Tuileries Palace. Louis XVI of France is arrested and taken into custody.

September 1792
Sunday 02: During what became known as the September Massacres of the French Revolution, rampaging mobs slaughter three Roman Catholic Church bishops and more than two hundred priests.
Friday 21: The French National Convention votes to abolish the monarchy.
Saturday 22: primidi Vendemière of year I of the French Republican Calendar

October 1792
Friday 12: First celebration of Columbus Day in the USA held in New York
Saturday 13: In Washington, DC, the cornerstone of the United States Executive Mansion (known as the White House since 1818) is laid.
Monday 29: Mt. Hood (Oregon) is named after the British naval officer Alexander Arthur Hood by Lt. William E. Broughton who spotted the mountain near the mouth of the Willamette River.

December 1792
Tuesday 11: King Louis XVI of France goes on trial for treason
Wednesday 26: Final trial of Louis XVI of France begins in Paris

Sincerely UW

'Doo doo doo Heartbreaker'

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 23, 2009 01:14

Taylor is still waiting for Columbus.smoking smiley

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 23, 2009 02:08

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-03 21:23 by swiss.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 23, 2009 02:35

swiss- thx for the kudos my friend. happy holidays.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 5, 2010 17:09

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 5, 2010 17:44

Mick had a great stage look in 1792.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: July 5, 2010 18:45

Come on now, we must be historically accurate in all aspects of IORR. Those look like shotgun shells. He would have had a musket in 1792 for dealing with unruly fans!

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: July 5, 2010 23:38

I thank Craig Braun for everything.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 6, 2010 09:39

Security, 1776-style. That woman shouting PAINT IT BLACK YOU DEVILS at the back of the crowd had better watch out!

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: July 6, 2010 15:00

This thread reminds me of a comic strip I saw last week. An aging mod musician from the 60's is sitting next to a young girl at the bar. He then asks if she might remember him from "the british invasion" to which she replies "1776 or 1812?"confused smiley

Date: August 18, 2010 03:42

bump

HMN

Date: August 19, 2010 01:55

Bump

HMN

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: August 19, 2010 03:30

If only I'd been born a couple centuries earlier!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 19, 2010 15:28

BUMP..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 19, 2010 16:00

Green Lady
Security, 1776-style. That woman shouting PAINT IT BLACK YOU DEVILS at the back of the crowd had better watch out!

That was no ordinary woman. That was a witch and she was later burnt at the stake for heresy.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 25, 2010 07:32

yea'..I've checked out a few threads but gee mate.. this is gotta' be the best one i've come across ..yea'eye rolling smiley

Date: December 21, 2012 16:44

Jerry Adler. Writer and creator of 'Newsverse' on Newsweek.com

A History of the World in Rolling Stones Concerts
Posted: 12/20/2012

Eleven years after the benefit concert in response to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks was held at Madison Square Garden, many of the same top musicians came together to raise money for those suffering from Superstorm Sandy, including Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Billy Joel, The Who, Eric Clapton and Bon Jovi.

The Concert for Black Death, 1348: No one who was there will ever forget the moment the opening chords of their mega-hit "Putrefaction" rocked the Cathedral at Chartres, as the band took the stage after six hours of Gregorian chants by their opening act, the Righteous Brothers. (That was the original group, consisting of actual Franciscan brothers.) The event, which supported research into the role of witches and Jews in spreading bubonic plague, kicked off the famous "Let It Bleed" tour and pogrom, which resulted in the Stones' being banned from virtually every hotel in the Holy Roman Empire.

Occupy the Vatican Benefit, 1521: "Hey, the time is right for a Protestant Reformation," they sang, bringing the crowd of 400,000 in St. Peter's Square to its feet dancing as they introduced the chart-topping "Priest Fighting Man," which held the #1 position for virtually the entire 16th century. Reportedly provoked by John Lennon's remark that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus Christ, Mick Jagger had announced his intention to "show that little ponce who's God's vicar on Earth" by overthrowing the Roman Catholic Church. Jagger and Keith Richards, joined by Martin Luther on harmonium, helped usher in more than 400 years of religious warfare in Europe, beginning with a clash between the Vatican's Swiss Guards and the concert security force of Hell's Angels. Leaving Rome after the 18-hour post-concert banquet, Bill Wyman reportedly woke up, saw the Colosseum and quipped, "Blimey, did we do that?"

Thomas Jefferson's Inaugural, 1801: A last-minute substitution for Bob Dylan, who had a conflicting engagement to perform at a bar mitzvah at Fraunces Tavern, the Stones' first live American performance was a triumph, ending with the legendary 37-minute-long version of "Jumping Jack Flash," written as a tribute to outgoing President John Adams. The new President danced three quadrilles with Bianca Jagger. The ball ended on a sour note, though, when Jefferson attempted to enslave Jimi Hendrix, who had joined the Stones on stage for "Paint It Black." An entry in the Monticello account books for "repairs &c to Guests Roomes" has been linked by researchers to reports of a three-day after-party, which ended only when Jefferson ran out of Champagne.

The Voyage of the Titanic, 1912: As the great ocean liner slipped into the Atlantic, the band played on -- at least until seawater reached the stage and short-circuited the band's primitive electric guitar during the bridge in "Honky Tonk Woman." Showing remarkable courage, the group finished their set before jumping into a lifeboat, elbowing out a contingent of off-screen characters from Downton Abbey and Upstairs, Downstairs. As he watched the giant ship sinking, Jagger reportedly turned to Richards and quipped, "Blimey, did we do that?"

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 22, 2012 00:07

The 1792 tour thread is baaaaaaaaaaack! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: December 22, 2012 01:03

STP was a big deal. I got a postcard somewhere saying I didn't win tickets. Wish I had.. Somewhere I have a cassette copy which is rumored to be a best of 72/73 tour of Australia compiled for the band and lifted from Keith. When I find it I'll offer it to someone here to clean up if it's truly unusual. It's a full 90 minutes and a board tape, it was my go to for years,

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: December 22, 2012 01:16

Edith Grove
Jerry Adler. Writer and creator of 'Newsverse' on Newsweek.com

A History of the World in Rolling Stones Concerts
Posted: 12/20/2012

Eleven years after the benefit concert in response to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks was held at Madison Square Garden, many of the same top musicians came together to raise money for those suffering from Superstorm Sandy, including Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Billy Joel, The Who, Eric Clapton and Bon Jovi.

The Concert for Black Death, 1348: No one who was there will ever forget the moment the opening chords of their mega-hit "Putrefaction" rocked the Cathedral at Chartres, as the band took the stage after six hours of Gregorian chants by their opening act, the Righteous Brothers. (That was the original group, consisting of actual Franciscan brothers.) The event, which supported research into the role of witches and Jews in spreading bubonic plague, kicked off the famous "Let It Bleed" tour and pogrom, which resulted in the Stones' being banned from virtually every hotel in the Holy Roman Empire.

Occupy the Vatican Benefit, 1521: "Hey, the time is right for a Protestant Reformation," they sang, bringing the crowd of 400,000 in St. Peter's Square to its feet dancing as they introduced the chart-topping "Priest Fighting Man," which held the #1 position for virtually the entire 16th century. Reportedly provoked by John Lennon's remark that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus Christ, Mick Jagger had announced his intention to "show that little ponce who's God's vicar on Earth" by overthrowing the Roman Catholic Church. Jagger and Keith Richards, joined by Martin Luther on harmonium, helped usher in more than 400 years of religious warfare in Europe, beginning with a clash between the Vatican's Swiss Guards and the concert security force of Hell's Angels. Leaving Rome after the 18-hour post-concert banquet, Bill Wyman reportedly woke up, saw the Colosseum and quipped, "Blimey, did we do that?"

Thomas Jefferson's Inaugural, 1801: A last-minute substitution for Bob Dylan, who had a conflicting engagement to perform at a bar mitzvah at Fraunces Tavern, the Stones' first live American performance was a triumph, ending with the legendary 37-minute-long version of "Jumping Jack Flash," written as a tribute to outgoing President John Adams. The new President danced three quadrilles with Bianca Jagger. The ball ended on a sour note, though, when Jefferson attempted to enslave Jimi Hendrix, who had joined the Stones on stage for "Paint It Black." An entry in the Monticello account books for "repairs &c to Guests Roomes" has been linked by researchers to reports of a three-day after-party, which ended only when Jefferson ran out of Champagne.

The Voyage of the Titanic, 1912: As the great ocean liner slipped into the Atlantic, the band played on -- at least until seawater reached the stage and short-circuited the band's primitive electric guitar during the bridge in "Honky Tonk Woman." Showing remarkable courage, the group finished their set before jumping into a lifeboat, elbowing out a contingent of off-screen characters from Downton Abbey and Upstairs, Downstairs. As he watched the giant ship sinking, Jagger reportedly turned to Richards and quipped, "Blimey, did we do that?"

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

1521, Vatican: Didn´t they play an early version of SAINT OF ME?

Priest

Date: December 22, 2012 01:24

Virgin Priest
1521, Vatican: Didn´t they play an early version of SAINT OF ME?

Not sure about SOM, but I'm almost certain they dropped Sympathy from the Vatican setlist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-22 01:26 by Edith Grove.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home