Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 15
Re: 1792 american tour, please share your experiences
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 23, 2007 04:14

Beelyboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you're not really supposed to be revealing the
> future in public yet schillid and you know it.
> jeeze, stick with the thread for godsake!
> Since the cats out of the bag tho, when Spock &
> R2D2 replaced darryl and chuck, things really took
> off.
> Oh there was a fuss of course. all those dweebs
> from the Vorkian 8 galaxy with their 'spock never;
> darryl forever' transmissions...pathetic...things
> change, get over it.

Yes indeed, it has to be repeated even for those in the know.

I got a message which I was asked to share, for all those still resident on the pale blue planet.

***GLOBAL WARNING***
Do not the reveal the future plans nor the history details of the last orbital tour to those creatures of the pale blue planet!
They still haven't payed their dues to full satisfaction, so they will be treated just like all other Galaxies.
giving any information to those creatures of the pale blue planet may result in the imediate cancellation of your kryptonite orbital rolling stones membership!
Please keep in mind that we wont pick you up no matter what rolling astoroid you're sitting on - if these simple rules aren't followed.

The aproved promo picture by Schillid (...what galaxie was he from, charlie?)

will be availlable for spacesuits in size L, XLand XXL only.
No girlie or other galaxie specials availlable - all long sleeve.
For newest Spock and R2D2 rumours shoot a laser-mail to cohl-outa-space@astoroid-No9.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-23 04:16 by open-g.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 23, 2007 12:26

Wow - that 1792 tour was the best. Keef did a great lute solo on Lady Jane.

The set list when they played The Globe Theatre in London was:

Brown Sugar
Alley Fighting Man
Jumping Jack O'Lantern Flash
Moonlight Mile
Sweet Virginnie
Ain't To Proud To Beg
Back Street Girl
Black Horse and Cart
Brand New Horse
Citadel
Dandelion and Burdock
Mill Girl
Going To A Public Flogging
If I Was A Ballroom Dancer
Lady Jane
Memory Tavern
Roll Over JS Bach
Some Damsels
Too Much Blood
Twenty Flight Rock
Who's Driving Your Cart

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 23, 2007 17:35

I think they played Ruff Justice at the Globe - but that was in 1592.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 31, 2008 14:09

Green Lady
I think they played Ruff Justice at the Globe - but that was in 1592.

Shakespeare was spotted, backstage in the Rattlesnake Tavern, with
Keith, discussing the composition of a Madrigal.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: July 31, 2008 14:49

I was there!

They got plugged in and were all ready to go before someone reminded them that electricity hadn't been discovered yet.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 31, 2008 14:50

Keith sailed in to Boston on his own galleon, after having 'procured' the rum for the tour from a passing clipper.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: August 1, 2008 15:21

Just found a pix of one of the first fans. He was told that the stones would last maximum a couple of years.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 1, 2008 15:48

That reminds me of a story about their first tour being cancelled. The Big Bang was yet to happen....

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: August 1, 2008 19:18

Didn't Keith have his blood swapped out that tour to cure the Scurvy?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 1, 2008 22:45

What a successful topic this is. Just nice! I won't add any other comment. I just enjoy reading!

Posted by: Dean ()
Date: August 1, 2008 23:28

Happy24
What a successful topic this is. Just nice! I won't add any other comment. I just enjoy reading!

I go along with that comment - SUPERB stuff - bring on the Mead fair maiden!!!!!! yawning smiley)

Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: August 2, 2008 00:05

I can't remember! I was smoked up! I'm just going on what my friends said that went to the show with me. Just kidding. I was stoked pretty good though.
We were in the front row. There were 6 rows of foldup chairs in front of the stage,don't know whose idea that was! and past that everyone stood up! After the Guy's came out and started playing everyone bull rushed the stage and the chairs vanished. My fellow stokers and myself ended up resting our elbows on the stage in between Mick at center stage and Mick Taylor on our left.
This is where I want to go when I bite the dust,back to that night and under the same circumstances. We were mesmerised to say the least, Mick was flaunting, enticing, Taylor was amazing,they were all great.
Girls behind us were trying to pull our hair out and scratching us trying to get closer to Mick. A girl a few feet away started screaming and fell to the floor,she had been standing on an empty half gallon Smirnoff vodka bottle that was turned on it's side to get a better view. Somehow the bottle broke under her weight and she had a horrible gash on her foot. Really bad.
Emergency people took her away and the show never stopped. It was really crowded and unless you were right there at the scene you would have missed it.
Fantastic show that is etched in my memory.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 2, 2008 01:18

Thanks for the photo Straycat. Ya' see, the Stones have ALWAYS had the best looking fans.

Date: August 2, 2008 01:18

I'm not done yet, I remember the bottle of Jack Daniels sitting in front of the bass drum, it appeared to be 2 thirds full. I wanted a shot of that big time.
I know that in between a couple of songs during brief breaks Keith would venture over and give it a good chug. Mick also turned it up a couple of times.
They seemed to be in sync and the stage vibrated and shook, the sound was perfect. The only problem appeared to be the lighting, at times spotlights would dart off and back on during a solo,but other than that it was historic.

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: August 2, 2008 08:51

As the famous old world traveling minstrals know as "Thee Stones of Rolleth" landed at the port of New Amsterdam on the bright summer day in June of 1792 they were immediately taken into custody by continental army military police and accused of disorderly conduct and excessive hemp usage. Alas, they were never heard from again and sadly the tour of 1792 never came to pass.

Date: August 2, 2008 08:56

mckalk
As the famous old world traveling minstrals know as "Thee Stones of Rolleth" landed at the port of New Amsterdam on the bright summer day in June of 1792 they were immediately taken into custody by continental army military police and accused of disorderly conduct and excessive hemp usage. Alas, they were never heard from again and sadly the tour of 1792 never came to pass.

i remember that.. i was in georgetown waiting for them to travel south but they never made it...

Date: August 3, 2008 19:30

Yes, by the time they would have made it to Georgetown (3 months) the fife and drum arrangements would have been tight!

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: August 3, 2008 19:39

I went to that show with my great great grandparents...I still have the photo. We came in from Mars for that show. People looked at us kind of strange.
Hell, we had cameras and a flying vehicle. My grandparents were friends of The Lennon's and McCartney's. Yep, cameras and flying vehicles...even the grandparents of John and Paul did everything first.

Here's that photo:

Date: August 3, 2008 20:12

Bingo, how time flies! I remember sitting near you and your family and how enthralled you were by the show. Keith looked great then, didn't he?

Date: August 3, 2008 20:17

The 16BC show wasn't bad either. I remember it like it was yesterday. The Pterodactyl skin suit that Mick wore, and Keith with the mastodon fur hat on that had one horn missing. A large hollowed out Tryceratops horn full of grog sitting in front of the bass drum!
Jack Daniels hadn't been discovered yet.
The bass drum was actually rectangular because round things (like wheels) hadn't been dicovered yet. Not long after this show the wheel was discovered and the band then added (rolling) to the band name. Thus "The Rolling Stones" were on their way to super stardom. The band learned through the years that not only could they roll, but they could also rock. Something unheard of before!
So they concentrated on rocking as well as rolling.
Keith was especially good at rolling. Historians will argue that the rock age came before the roll age but the Rolling Stones are proof positive that the roll age came first.

Date: August 3, 2008 20:29

The company are still trying to catch Keith, who crashed his somewhere in Ancient Egypt while hotly pursued by Pharaoh and all his war chariots...

Having stranded himself in 3612 BC, he had to come home the long way - but during his time in Egypt he picked up some useful tips on mummification techniques and an incurable fondness for eyeliner.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-27 18:27 by Green Lady.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: August 3, 2008 22:34

As I recollect, it was rumored to be their last tour.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 4, 2008 08:54

Green Lady

The company are still trying to catch Keith, who crashed his somewhere in Ancient Egypt while hotly pursued by Pharaoh and all his war chariots...

Having stranded himself in 3612 BC, he had to come home the long way - but during his time in Egypt he picked up some useful tips on mummification techniques and an incurable fondness for eyeliner.

GREAT one oh Green Lady. great look for him too...cleopatra had nothing on the beauteous young mr. richards, except maybe the boobies...rumor has it she fell for him pretty hard and when he told her to 'shake her ass,' she misunderstood and shook her asp and well, that's all she wrote.

incidentally, the next tour will be titled 'the mummy returns' or so say certain insiders, tho Mick likes to keep that stuff private, as he stole most of her wardrobe.

____
1792 was also the year of the second presidential election. there were understandably some immigration difficulties, not helped by Letstat's, oops, Keith's.. supplying massive quantities of Chinese opium to the yank troops. John Adams, in an attempt to bolster his election results, did allow the boys into the country after some high level talks. "rippeth ye not my joint!" mentioned talkin' opium with the prezident, but of course this was updated some a hundred and eighty years later when they were re-working some old tunes and finally decided to finish the song.

Date: August 4, 2008 08:59

Is the author of this "divine" typo even aware of what has been created?

Date: August 4, 2008 09:13

He certainly is! And one day I'm hoping he will be nominated for a Pulitzer, if not a Nobel Prize.

Posted by: TERRY H ()
Date: May 19, 2009 04:56

It's a hysterical thread!
(They didn't write Time Is on My Side, though.)
The poor soul hasn't gotten any answers yet. I'm too busy laughing to formulate mine yet!

Posted by: TERRY H ()
Date: May 19, 2009 05:00

Magnificent!

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: May 19, 2009 13:36

Hilarious. I knew the Stones had been around a long time but 217 years? WOW!

Date: June 19, 2009 13:05

We don't know much about what the Stones did between 1792 and 1960, but on my annual trip to the Isle of Wight I discovered that no less a person than Queen Victoria (or possibly Prince Albert?) was a fan! Among the wall paintings on the main staircase at the royal residence at Osborne House is this pic of Mr Jagger (in then-fashionable Victorian whiskers)

Date: June 19, 2009 13:12

I celebrate my 3rd birth day.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1658
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home