Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Warsaw show and news updates
Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: July 26, 2007 01:58

Thanks for the report, gstone.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: July 26, 2007 02:03

What a GOOD thing that they dropped "Sympathy"!!!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: July 26, 2007 08:34

censored, again.

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: July 26, 2007 08:49

Wild Slivovitz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great review!
>
> The newspaper article is interesting; it seems
> that Church is still very powerful in Poland!
The chuch - it is NOT "Still" very powerful it is in my impression of Polnish politics in the last few years stronger than ever-I am rather surprised we did not hear more anti-Stones news from religious forces there

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 26, 2007 09:10

Thanks for the comments, gstone

Posted by: loochie ()
Date: July 26, 2007 09:39

Gerda Wrote:
> Wild Slivovitz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Great review!
> >
> > The newspaper article is interesting; it seems
> > that Church is still very powerful in Poland!
> The chuch - it is NOT "Still" very powerful it is
> in my impression of Polnish politics in the last
> few years stronger than ever-I am rather surprised
> we did not hear more anti-Stones news from
> religious forces there

maybe they still adore their late polish pope. lordy when he died, it was a major event on the planet with 24/7 tv coverage, even in the US i heard. actually it was all kind of moving, even for us non-religious types. the Stones managed to play SFTD in Rome - guess the Church is not so influential here, at least overtly. anyway never mind, bla bla bla blaaaa, don't mean to highjack this thread to talk about the POPE !!! smiling smiley

think i'll go look for some "love is strong" footage from warsaw now...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-26 09:48 by loochie.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 26, 2007 09:42

Hi There,

Great review by GStone-sounds like another fine show.

I must admit,SFTD is the one song that I wouldn't care if I never heard it live again!

Roll on Slane and London!

Cheers,

Si.

Posted by: loochie ()
Date: July 26, 2007 10:03

Sympathy in Warsaw smiling smiley
I don't really get the joke .... but it's a great video !!

ah okay, there are a whole series of these stones bike videos smiling smiley
here's honky tonk...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-26 10:59 by loochie.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 26, 2007 10:32

Here's a great gallery:

[www.cgm.pl]

Oh, and by the way: the'll do Sympathy in Russia for sure. They can't miss the only chance to sing "I stuck around St. Petersburg" in this city.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-26 10:44 by franzk.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 26, 2007 10:44

Thanks Franzk.,.that IS a great gallery.
Not often you get such nice pics posted in the routine press coverage.

Posted by: hetix ()
Date: July 26, 2007 11:08

Amazing show, incredible contact with Mick and audience. He learned more Polish than any rockman performing in Poland EVER.
Highlight was probably Lisa's introduction....Jaka ladna sukienka, jakie tanie buty [What a nice dress, but cheap shoes]

Keith did it again, he said "it's nice to be here for the 2nd time" which gathered a roar of laugter and applause, cause...it's KEITH and he's awesome.

There's way more laughter, singing, rocking, dancing, awe and respect. Incredible show, my best gig this year.
Oh - and i was i 1st row in right sector FOS !!

Unforgettable.

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: July 26, 2007 11:11

=================================================================

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-26 11:12 by arizojp.

Date: July 26, 2007 11:57

I must mention one more thing: I'm not a fan of live versions of You Can't Always Get What You Want. I mean I like 70's versions which were very cool but fom 1989 onwards this song sounds very boring to me live. BUT NOT YESTERDAY! Oh God they rocked it very much! It was stunning. Especially the last uptempo, gospel-like part! Amazing performance! Haven't heard such powerful version for a long time.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: July 26, 2007 15:22

I'm kind of lost for words after the show. It was FANTASTIC!!!! Probably the best I've seen!.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 26, 2007 16:03

SimonN wrote:

(A) "Great review by GStone-sounds like another fine show."

I say YEEEESSSSSSSS....

(cool smiley "I must admit,SFTD is the one song that I wouldn't care if I never heard it live again!"

I say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 26, 2007 16:19

Adams Wrote:
> I'm kind of lost for words after the show. It was
> FANTASTIC!!!! Probably the best I've seen!.

Great to hear!

Posted by: qarx ()
Date: July 26, 2007 16:21

Stones forever!!! It was my first Rolling Stones gig and that was drop-dead gorgious show! Keith you are God!!!

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: July 26, 2007 17:03

it was the best show i've seen on this tour. Love is Strong solo by Ronnie was different than usuall, more complicated. I think they had wonderful time in Warsaw. Midnight Rambler was very very long. Highligts for me was I'll Go Crazy with big applause for Lisa. I liked GOOMC on b stage (i saw it in Sheffield and i really liked it). Keith made some mistakes even Mick did but i don't care - not a big suprise. It was about 35-40.000 there but i think it was almost full. 2hours before the show both FOS ( Ronnie side) were about 1500 people. i thought it's a shame but then crow became bigger and bigger. It's a bad news for antoher tour becouse Viva art sold those high-price tickets so another one will be probably even more expesive. but idon't care i just don't care nowsmiling smiley

I was under the Hyatt hotel where Stones were living. Only about 10-15 fans with me but no one of us didn't get Stones autographs. I think i saw with soulll in the hotel. Anyway i have great photos with Lisa, Bernardand Kent. They + Darryl signed my Stripped copy. Mick left the hotel from car park without any police security like Ronnie did. Charlie left the hotel the main enterance but he didn't sign anything just give us the smile. I took him a nice foto. After that we all came to the Sluzewiec. great day and great night.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 26, 2007 18:11

Thanks for the review, thrak.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 26, 2007 20:21

Isn't 40,000 somehow a disappointment whatever the quality of the show ?

Posted by: iFox ()
Date: July 26, 2007 22:07

My few cents.
I was little nervous at the beginning. YGMR seemed not to be the best performace although Ronnie did a great job there. Ain't Too Proud To Beg was a nice suprice. During Love Is Strong the crowd went totally crazy. Then Midnight Rambler in which Keith played his usual Gibson guitar and Ronnie black Gibson Les Paul. It was the great and fierce version. Mick did the great work with the crowd and crowd participated really glad. In I'll Go Crazy I thought everyone in the audience experienced music orgasm. Keith was welcomed great he obviously loved it and delivered the most beautiful version of You Got The Silver. Those songs were the highlights of the show IMHO. I loved Get Off Of My Cloud bit the sound near the stage B where I was standing was a mess. Still best part of the show for me. I'll never forgrt the moment Keith looked in my eyes and it gave me chills.

Brno 22.07.07 & Warsaw 25.07.07

Date: July 26, 2007 22:21

iFox Wrote:
> I'll never forgrt
> the moment Keith looked in my eyes and it gave me
> chills.

Those moments are always the best. I had similar experience with Mick. During Satisfaction he ran down the catwalk towards small stage. Then he started to run back but at some point he stopped right next to the place where I stood. He faced our side, waved to us and ran to the main stage. He was standing maybe 1 meter from me. Unfogettable!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 26, 2007 22:28

I am happy to read that this show was awesome. So, one more !

The crowd crazy during "love is strong" ?? strange.. maybe was it a n°1 in Poland in 94 ?? smiling smiley

I do not agree folks with your opinion about SFTD. This is a MUST. Many terrific live versions were made of SFTD (Baltimore 69, Hyde Park, 1989/1990 tours). This is one of Mick's favourites songs with Gimme shelter.

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: July 26, 2007 23:59

I just can't get over yesterday's show! Guess I still have not landed. And there's one song that's still swirling around in my ears... "Satisfaction". It's very obvious that Keith is still exploring the song. And yesterday he opened it like Marc Bolan of T-Rex would have done! I just loved it! Did anyone else make this comparisson? Is there a youtube-video of it somewhere? And when is the bootleg from Warzaw ready? I just can't wait.
Thanks to the crowd, who strongly contributed to this fabulous show. This is what happens when you give some response! You get a lot in return. And I think it's been a good while since I last saw the Stones this good. So, thank you - you wonderfull Polish fans - and thank you Stones! It was a pleasure, a thrill. And I will remember that night in Warzaw for as long as I shall live.

Posted by: SWojtek ()
Date: July 27, 2007 00:10

> that Church is still very powerful in Poland!

No it is not, believe me. It's a myth. Caritas Polska which did not accept the money is simply hipocritical, jealous ant pathetic all together. We Polish people are not like that! We really appreciate the RS gesture. The tragedy of the families of the victims does not end at 24.00 Wendesday. It starts when politicians and media does not care about "old hot news" anymore and those families stays on their own without any help, also financial.
The group of extreme catholics (including Caritas) is not that big in Poland but very loud and influential on current gouverment (nice amounts of votes). Caritas and Gouverment promised a year ago a help to victims of roof colapse in Katowice fair hall and what... nothing , they wait until today.
So guys just ignore those stupid comments of so called good catholics! Our Pope (JP II) was not like that, he had a different vision of catholicizm.

I had a great evening with RS yesterday. We all had.It was 40 000 people. Great show, great sound, great guitar solos, absolutely great Keith, Mick on harmonica beyond words, respect to victims of bus crash, happy birthday to Mick, Mick saying a lot in Polish. Today's newspapers with entusiastic reviews.
Thanks guys for such a unforgetable performance.

Wojtek

Posted by: sater ()
Date: July 27, 2007 00:27

> that Church is still very powerful in Poland

YES IT IS!!!!!!

one of the sick @#$%& call Warsaw show "dancing on the grave"!!!!!

Posted by: benon ()
Date: July 27, 2007 00:44

Hello Wojtek i don`t agree that it was great concert .It was average .There is great exageration from newspapersand tv stations ( tvn24 especially) - the same as in tragic accident`s case.Atmosphere during concert was nice but mainly cold - "cool" as Mick ( fantastic performance)said .....we should be honest - Stonesas a group are playing much worse ( as usual in Europe) than in the beginnning of ABB and Keith`s bad condition and Ronnies playing is much more under proffesional level-there was four exceptions- Love is strong , YCAGWYW , Silver and Paint it black.Brown Sugar - completely disaster ! - Satisfaction- shame!There was any magical moment during evening although i was really hoping - i was there with my girfiend and it was her first Stones gig ( my 5th).It is very sad for me to look at my hero wnich is strugling with his guitar or doing some childish, gotesque poses instead of hard riffing....It isn`t even his guilt but simply age... I love Stones , it is huge part and influence of my life but i hate beeing unfair - Wojtek-check some Budapest samples from You Tube and stop making propaganda- Warsaw concert was for sure one of worse concerts during european part of ABB .Overall level is lower than during BTB tour ( i was in Chorzow and Prague) in my opinion.To be totally honest and fair, most of people didn`t realised that something is wrong - but there wasn`t simply any spontaneus reaction....

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: July 27, 2007 00:51

Sorry benon, it depends on a point of view. IMO Wojtek is correct. I was both in Budapest and Warsaw and I think Warsaw was so much better! And let's better shut this discussion up as I said before it only depends on a point of view and a personal view of the concert. And I think the energy level was higher than in Chorzow and even 2003 Prague concert.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 27, 2007 00:52

Thanks also for your opinion, benon.
I can identify with lots of things you wrote from the shows I saw. Hope you still had fun!

Posted by: sater ()
Date: July 27, 2007 00:54

benon Wrote:
> Hello Wojtek i don`t agree that it was great
> concert .It was average .There is great
> exageration from newspapersand tv stations ( tvn24
> especially) - the same as in tragic accident`s
> case.Atmosphere during concert was nice but mainly
> cold - "cool" as Mick ( fantastic performance)said
> .....we should be honest - Stonesas a group are
> playing much worse ( as usual in Europe) than in
> the beginnning of ABB and Keith`s bad condition
> and Ronnies playing is much more under
> proffesional level-there was four exceptions-
> Love is strong , YCAGWYW , Silver and Paint it
> black.Brown Sugar - completely disaster ! -
> Satisfaction- shame!There was any magical moment
> during evening although i was really hoping - i
> was there with my girfiend and it was her first
> Stones gig ( my 5th).It is very sad for me to look
> at my hero wnich is strugling with his guitar or
> doing some childish, gotesque poses instead of
> hard riffing....It isn`t even his guilt but
> simply age... I love Stones , it is huge part and
> influence of my life but i hate beeing unfair -
> Wojtek-check some Budapest samples from You Tube
> and stop making propaganda- Warsaw concert was for
> sure one of worse concerts during european part of
> ABB .Overall level is lower than during BTB tour (
> i was in Chorzow and Prague) in my opinion.To be
> totally honest and fair, most of people didn`t
> realised that something is wrong - but there
> wasn`t simply any spontaneus reaction....

About propaganda ,that was probably his first gig from ABB so for him this was the best...and maybe he is from Warsaw????just kiddingsmiling smileybut I still hate this shitty townsmiling smiley

and I agree with You !!chorzów rocks!!!this was one of best stones show ever!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-27 00:55 by sater.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1140
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home