Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Brno update
Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: July 27, 2007 02:55

Keith is a serious musician. Do you really believe that he plays the wrong chords because he wants to?

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: July 27, 2007 06:45

little queenie, i see your on,How was your tour?

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: July 27, 2007 07:03

Here's my question...if Keith does it "wrong" night after night, is it still wrong? Is it deliberate? Is it actually a mistake? I dunno -- just asking the experts.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: July 27, 2007 08:26

... if it dont feel good, it aint good,, if it dont sound right, it aint right.......

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 27, 2007 12:58

klypp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith is obviously able to play other songs VERY
> WELL! Why does he KEEP doing this on BS? Wouldn't
> the natural answer be, because he wants to?
> And why does he suddenly get old every time he
> play BS?
>
> And this shit about "key". Thought I'd call that
> bluff...
> It worked!

He certainly doesn't want to f*ck it up. He just has serious problems with that intro.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 27, 2007 13:05

I was there, and sincerely I don't think that intro was SO MUCH f###ed up! Just a little bit... I remember in Amsterdam 2003, now that one was a major mistake by a subpar Keith!

In Budapest and in Brno the fist chord was maybe a little off, but as far as I'm concerned I could live with it. I'm sorry for those who have their Stones experience spoiled by every little mistake that may pop every now and then; on the other hand, I've enjoyed every minute of the concerts in Brno and (especially) Budapest, and can't wait for the next shows to come!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-27 13:07 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 27, 2007 13:06

Kent says its originally an open-G tuned chord/opening riff.
What do I know. He also says he believes he has re-furnished
it,. but just tab-wise, technically.

I dont care: the rest of Sugar was gorgeous!!

I'm burnin it now. Thank all uploaders etc!
(Will make a specific thank-you-post later)

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 27, 2007 13:09

Yeah, it's in open-g. It still is. Keith just always plays a chord on the wrong fret when he comes up from the opening chords at the 12th fret. Luckily he usually gets into the groove after a while and then the song is great again smiling smiley

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 27, 2007 14:08

funny how people with "Keith cant do no wrong"-attitude come up with all kind of theories and excuses for the Brown Sugar-intro-"mystery"!!!

Keith cant do no wrong? he can!

it would not spoil me too much if it only happens once in a while, but by now it seems that hes f###ing up the intro quite regularily and this begs question: WHY???

its not really difficult to play, in fact its easy (in open g) and of course if there is someone in whole wide world who should know how to play Brown Sugar intro its Keith!

thats why I called it "mystery" because its so easy to play and Keith should know how to play it of course AND it does not happen every one or two years or so but by now nearly in all shows. so why does it happen? is it really one of Keiths little jokes? like saying: "look, even I am not perfect"! or what?

Date: July 27, 2007 14:18

Guitar player DO f)(&ck up on stage! There can be many reasons: Broken strings, bad cable connections, drunkenness, losing a pick, noise in the monitor, strange thoughts in your head, hearing problems, bad vision etc.

These things happen.

My guess is that Keith often not looks at the fretboard while he is playing. The BS-riff starts high up on the fretboard, so maybe the posing and interaction with the audience goes on behalf of a few bars...

Date: July 27, 2007 14:36

I have a theory: look at the man's fingers.

Date: July 27, 2007 14:43

Yeah, you've got a point smiling smiley But why isn't he f/&%&cking up CYHMK every time then?

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: July 27, 2007 14:47

There was no light on the stage when he started BS in Brno. Possible that he was not able to see anything hence placing his fingers in the wrong fret.

Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: July 27, 2007 15:21

The one and only cool smiley

It´s Only Rock´n Roll

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: July 27, 2007 15:26

he just can't play that intro decent, so stop playing it. I won't miss that song. It just sounds horrible. And he wrote it, so he should know were to put his finger.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 27, 2007 18:57

Just back from Prague after seeing the Budapest and Brno shows which were both great.Had GA tix for both and got good positions on Keiths side at Budapest and Ronnies at Brno.We had a great old time with music every night with the tribute gigs in both cities.Great to meet up with fans we seen before and those we met for first time.The tribute gigs were both great in realy nice venues and their musical abilities were first rate.Hope to meet some of you at Slane or O2.See ya there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Keys Rich Arts ()
Date: July 27, 2007 22:16

hello,

i don't seem to be able to understand this discussion here. i was there and did hear keef, he played in C, which is the right key.

Posted by: j442211 ()
Date: July 27, 2007 22:30

Keys Rich Arts Wrote:
> hello,
>
> i don't seem to be able to understand this
> discussion here. i was there and did hear keef, he
> played in C, which is the right key.

It actually didn't sound too bad at the show itself but listening to it on the recording of the concert is just horrible.

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: July 28, 2007 01:07

ehem, as somebody mentioned already it was completely dark on stage when he started it...he came back on the right track quickly with this beautiful smile on his face, like 18teen years old kid having an enormous joy of being able to play the guitar.
That was gorgeous. Thank you, Keith!

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 28, 2007 02:20

Baboon Bro wrote:

"I have a theory: look at the man's fingers."

Baboon, athritis does not explain why the man has often problems playing Sugar's intro particulary (as it happened on Licks Tour too). If this was the reason, keith's play would be problematic in every minute. Why does this happen on BS and not on JJF, IORR, Tumblin' Dice, YCAGWYW or even on the rest of "Sugar", witch, as you say, usualy sounds great? IMO the only explanation is that Keith tries something "strange" on it, something that doesn't work... "Strange" explanation, i have to admit it, but cannnot find something else...

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: July 28, 2007 03:11

stonesfrk Wrote:
> little queenie, i see your on,How was your tour?

thanks for asking stonesfrk, i owe a reply to helter skelter too, but don't want to bore everyone.

my part of the tour was excellent. each show was great in it's own way, either set list, the way they played or interaction with the band. i had front row at all the shows and was front row at the corner in bucharest, which is always an accomplishment.

oh, and all my IORR friends really made the experience including beast, kahoosier, susanne, lorenz, mistress, bv, dg, as well as many of the regulars who don't post here but go to lots of shows. i was sad to leave everyone after budapest.

keith DID screw up the intro to BS each time, especially in belgrade, which was the best show of my tour (rome though budapest).

i also met lots of great locals in budva, belgrade, and bucharest. lots of really smart kids (literally) and i tried to feed as many homeless cats and dogs as possible! i got very sick after drinking tap water in bucharest and missed the trip to dracula's castle we planned.

of course, the stones are an addiction so now i want to go to london and i though i had a plan to get there with airline miles but today, that has fallen through. i did find a cheap room with private bathroom in london for $300/week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-28 09:24 by little queenie.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 28, 2007 04:07

PiotrRSpl Wrote:
> ehem, as somebody mentioned already it was
> completely dark on stage when he started it...he
> came back on the right track quickly with this
> beautiful smile on his face, like 18teen years old
> kid having an enormous joy of being able to play
> the guitar.
> That was gorgeous. Thank you, Keith!

Ehem, this did not happen just in Brno...and if darkness on stage is the reason, it is a technical problem that should and would be fixed quite easily...do you really believe they are not able to solve this problem when it really becomes a permanent problem? A small lamp at Keith's amp should help...or he could wait until at least one of the stage lights comes up...no need to start BS in total darkness!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-28 04:13 by retired_dog.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 28, 2007 04:11

stickydion Wrote:
> IMO the only explanation is that
> Keith tries something "strange" on it, something
> that doesn't work... "Strange" explanation, i have
> to admit it, but cannnot find something else...

Yep, show time is not exactly rehearsal time...if he wants to try something "strange" or unusual, he could test it alone in his hotel room or backstage in his tuning room - and not in front of many thousand people!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 28, 2007 05:44

Rik Wrote:
> And he wrote it, so he should know were
> to put his finger.

Actually, Mick wrote it.

Posted by: klypp ()
Date: July 28, 2007 10:44

"Testing it", of course means testing it on a crowd of 60.000 people. Not easy doing that in your hotel room...

We all know this guy can do magic. But not all magic is good. There is such a thing as black magic... And the BS intro certainly do strange things to people...

Some become doctors, some get a problem with the light, some hear strange noises and some just simply start calling everyone by names in ways that would rise envy in a demon...

I think what Keith is trying to do, is finding the riff that will turn you all into frogs!!!

Beware, he has already got the jumping part right...

Posted by: alexs ()
Date: July 28, 2007 11:14

klypp Wrote:
> "Testing it", of course means testing it on a
> crowd of 60.000 people. Not easy doing that in
> your hotel room...
>
> We all know this guy can do magic. But not all
> magic is good. There is such a thing as black
> magic... And the BS intro certainly do strange
> things to people...
>
> Some become doctors, some get a problem with the
> light, some hear strange noises and some just
> simply start calling everyone by names in ways
> that would rise envy in a demon...
>
> I think what Keith is trying to do, is finding the
> riff that will turn you all into frogs!!!
>
> Beware, he has already got the jumping part
> right...

LOL :-)

Date: July 28, 2007 11:23

Keys Rich Arts Wrote:
> hello,
>
> i don't seem to be able to understand this
> discussion here. i was there and did hear keef, he
> played in C, which is the right key.

We listen to it repeatedly yesterday, me & my kids.
I've burned myself a copy of Brno. My four year old
hears easily it's @#$%& up.

Date: July 28, 2007 11:26

... But its a smashin' gig (as anyone can see I stated
in my review above); where Love Is String, PIB
& Rambler is really really groovy.

I consider Brno's Rambler the best rendition of the song
since 1973. Wouldt claim I've heard all renditions since,
but none I've heard comes near. It's 12:20 and it
feels just like them ooool' Chicago blues masters highlights.....

"Ever'body sa' AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!"

Posted by: StonesLicks2002 ()
Date: July 28, 2007 11:35

Love Is Strong from Brno is at rs.com

Date: July 28, 2007 11:47

The whole boot is to dl at Trade here as well.
Is LIS a video, StonesLicks?

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1492
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home