Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Belgrade show reports
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 17, 2007 19:53

>> between

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: July 17, 2007 21:49

some pics :

see you,
robert from austria

Posted by: 61' telecaster ()
Date: July 17, 2007 22:02

Nice pics Robert. It's good to see young boys alredy "infected" in right things.

Hope you managed everything in the triangle Austria-Budva-Belgrade very well.

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: July 18, 2007 01:35

little queenie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> best satisfaction i have heard since chicago '05
> and san diego '05. too bad there are no video
> screens so those of us up front can actually see
> the B stage...

That's funny. I was just organizing some photos and digital camera videos from that Chicago concert and Satisfaction was one of the songs I had a portion of on video. It was a good rendition.

Posted by: YoKey ()
Date: July 19, 2007 12:02

Hello, boys & girls!
I just registered only wanting to place a yummy link here for all ya Stones fans out there, but then I thought hey, why not write some comments and trivia too? This was my third Stones’ concert, after Vienna ’90 & Budapest ’95. It was the first one for my wife, however, and she never stopped jumpin’, shoutin’ & clappin’ her hands throughout the gig… well, as I did, too.
Belgrade show was at first planned to be performed at the City Hippodrome (some concerts were held there over past few years) but it was changed following the protest from the local Animal Protection Society, since the management of Hippodrome announced they have nowhere to move the horses from their stables, so they would have had to sedate them, because noise would make them panic – otherwise we would have witnessed the live performance of Wild Horses, too smiling smiley The decision to relocate the concert place was good not only because of the animals, but because Usce Park is much better place for such events, closer to main bus and railway stations, much more parking places, and much more pleasant place to spend an afternoon and evening at.
There is a section of this park where over past decades foreign statesmen who were visiting Serbia have been planting seedlings of trees as symbolic gesture, and this section is called Friendship Park. Serbian press reported that Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ron each planted there a seedling, prior to the gig (well, I believe they merely approved the action, I couldn’t imagine them messing with spades in the dirt) and each little tree now bears a little metal plate at its basis with a band’s member name on it. I still haven’t had time to go and check it out myself, but the rumor is that Mick’s and Charlie’s plates were already stolen by fans unknown.
During the second half of the concert Ron wore a dazzling yellow t-shirt with inscription IRON LION ZION on it, written in Iron Maiden logo font smiling smiley
There was a banner in the crowd saying IT’S ONLY ROCK’N’RON.
Some might disagree, but I think Ron was great that night, and the others too, although, yes, Keith appeared tired and out of focus at moments, but then other than that he was astonishing, and obviously happy and motivated. And when he addressed the virgin crowd with “Welcome to the club!” well… you should have felt that!
Mick did talk Serbian a lot to the crowd, much more than just a few words, and that was a pleasant surprise to everyone, because I believe it’s a very difficult language for a native English speaker to pronounce.
Charlie appeared very happy at the end of the gig, and then he even threw his sticks to the crowd, which I couldn’t remember he was accustomed to do.
The crowd was excited, and I believe that the band noticed it, and got inspired to do their best. Serbian internet forums are packed with hundreds (thousands?) of comments of people who attended the concert, and my humble estimate is that 99% of these are just euphoric, and much of those come from the people who were not exactly huge Stones’ fans, or just came there out of pure curiosity, and now they all tell us they’re astound and happy beyond description.
And now for the treat
2007.07.14_-_Belgrade_-_Belgrade_2007
The sound here is really bad, but hopefully some better recording will appear, because the sound on the spot was almost perfect. I say almost only because I would have appreciated it a bit louder.
Anyway, I am happy, my wife and I just grinnnnnnnnnnn for days now.
God, we want more!!!!!!!!!!
Greetz everyone!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-19 14:06 by YoKey.

Posted by: Borna ()
Date: August 17, 2007 16:14

please, post some more pics from Belgrade! thanks!

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home