Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Budva reports
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 11, 2007 02:10

God... Just saw the word "goat" on your post!! I thought you asked serioulsy about the population. Honestly.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: July 11, 2007 02:22

i didn't see keith almost fall last night at all. at first, he did seem a little like he was going through the motions but he picked it up after a couple of songs and connected.

the show for me was strange in the sense that no one wanted to talk to me before the show and i did not bring a book so i sat in silence for hours. then parents pushed their children to the front row and security accommodated them by having them stand on 6 packs of water. then parents used their arms to brace themselves against the front rail and push me out of their children's way as if to protect them. one guy was really aggressive and one of his children had to tell him to let it go. this happened to me in amsterdam too and in both cases, security would not help me at all.

i am here for 3 more nights and it is very beautiful. bv and i stayed in the same hotel so the pictures from the hotel he posted are very familiar to me.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 11, 2007 02:27

Stones-tour-tourism... Will soon be experiencing it myself...
Sounds sound & crisp & cozy ... Lurv it down there in the
semi-tropics in lower Balkan... Thank ya for report, LQ!
I believe people bring too small kids to the shows..
My 12 y o will be my youngest.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 11, 2007 12:40

Date: July 11, 2007 12:42

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >> No story, just the photo of Keith <<
>
> maybe Gazza will find the time to provide a link
> to the story/photo he means.
> there's no (0) photo of Keith on the page you gave
> a link to -
> at least not anywhere i can locate - but thanks
> for the effort

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Date: July 11, 2007 12:56

little queenie Wrote:
> i didn't see keith almost fall last night at all.
> at first, he did seem a little like he was going
> through the motions but he picked it up after a
> couple of songs and connected.
>
> the show for me was strange in the sense that no
> one wanted to talk to me before the show and i did
> not bring a book so i sat in silence for hours.
> then parents pushed their children to the front
> row and security accommodated them by having them
> stand on 6 packs of water. then parents used their
> arms to brace themselves against the front rail
> and push me out of their children's way as if to
> protect them. one guy was really aggressive and
> one of his children had to tell him to let it go.
> this happened to me in amsterdam too and in both
> cases, security would not help me at all.
>
> i am here for 3 more nights and it is very
> beautiful. bv and i stayed in the same hotel so
> the pictures from the hotel he posted are very
> familiar to me.

<<< then parents used their arms to brace themselves against the front rail and push me out of their children's way as if to protect them. one guy was really aggressive and one of his children had to tell him to let it go. this happened to me in amsterdam too and in both cases, security would not help me at all >>>

I presume you got there early and staked out your place at FOS, is that right ? If so, and then you got "elbowed" out of the way by stroppy parents with kids ... that's not good. It's bad when security actually gets it completely wrong, in some places they really are a total waste of time ... it seems as if they put a lot of effort in where/when it is NOT needed, and by the same token stand idly by and watch total mayhem develop right in front of them when by rights they OUGHT to be wading in and addressing whatever problem it is that's gradually building up or taking place - whatever. Really and truly, at two shows in particular that I can think of, Glasgow in 2006 and Rome in 2007, the diligence of security staff was appalling, they might as well have not been present - for all the bloody use they were.

But at the end of the day, albeit that it would appear you didn't have hours of riveting conversation with the folks alongside you, did you have a good time ? Hope so. What's your next one ?

Posted by: AjPrijatno ()
Date: July 11, 2007 13:27

little queenie Wrote:

>
> the show for me was strange in the sense that no
> one wanted to talk to me before the show and i did
> not bring a book so i sat in silence for hours.
> then parents pushed their children to the front
> row and security accommodated them by having them
> stand on 6 packs of water. then parents used their
> arms to brace themselves against the front rail
> and push me out of their children's way as if to
> protect them. one guy was really aggressive and
> one of his children had to tell him to let it go.
> this happened to me in amsterdam too and in both
> cases, security would not help me at all.

Hello little queenie,

Are you the one that has been sleeping before concert? I was in the front row near you with my girlfriend when those kids with parents came. We finished in 4th row after I almost got in fight with those guys...

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: July 11, 2007 14:08

AjPrijatno Wrote:
> little queenie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > the show for me was strange in the sense that
> no
> > one wanted to talk to me before the show and i
> did
> > not bring a book so i sat in silence for hours.
> > then parents pushed their children to the front
> > row and security accommodated them by having
> them
> > stand on 6 packs of water. then parents used
> their
> > arms to brace themselves against the front rail
> > and push me out of their children's way as if
> to
> > protect them. one guy was really aggressive and
> > one of his children had to tell him to let it
> go.
> > this happened to me in amsterdam too and in
> both
> > cases, security would not help me at all.
>
>
> Hello little queenie,
>
> Are you the one that has been sleeping before
> concert? I was in the front row near you with my
> girlfriend when those kids with parents came. We
> finished in 4th row after I almost got in fight
> with those guys...

I've noticed that you are new here, where are you from?

Posted by: AjPrijatno ()
Date: July 11, 2007 14:33

Im sorry that I didnt introduce myself...

I am from Montenegro - Kotor... Town that is 15km far from Jaz.. Im 26 and this is my first (hope not last) Rolling Stone concert.. I came on Jaz at 5.30PM.. Dado Topic & Time, Regina and The Thirst were great... Dado Topic played his song dedicated to RS (Thank you Mr Rolling Stone)... He was very emotive and unfortunately he speak only on native language so most of crowd didnt understand him... He said that when he was very young, he could listen Luxemburg radio station every night from 7.30PM to 9PM and one night a commentary guy said "And now, ladies and gentlements, new single from Rolling Stones".. I dont remember the name of that single, but Dado said that he tried to play that song for 2 months with his band, and they succesed on the end... This was the biggest thing in his life and he dreamed whole life about this opportunity... Regina was great too but crowd didnt respond as they wanted because all of their and Dado's song were on native language...

The Thirst played 30 min. and that was great introduction for the Stones...

On the end, THEY came out, fired up ME and crowd, finished after 2 hours and left me to THINK and ask myself "Is there, ON THE EARTH, better thing then this?!?!".. I couldnt believe that THEY came into MY COUNTRY, my little country, near my town!

On the end, I can only say:

Thank you Mr. Rolling Stone!

Date: July 11, 2007 15:02

<<< I couldnt believe that THEY came into MY COUNTRY, my little country, near my town! >>>

but they DID, and by the sounds of it they got a great reception. I think it's fantastic that they visit (as you put it ... MY LITTLE COUNTRY) and other smaller and more remote places that are perhaps off the more beaten track and away from the larger cities. One could get into a whole debate as to WHY they are doing this, I prefer to think that's it down to two reasons among others ... that they simply still love playing, and they also like visiting places they've not visited before. Maybe there are other more insiduous reasons too, but I don't care to think about those.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed them and nice to read your comments.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 11, 2007 15:48

yeah - very sweet to read, AjPrijatno - glad you got so gloriously Stoned!

>> Thank you Mr. Rolling StoneS! <<

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 11, 2007 16:31

I did not see any goats really. Just a big crowd and a great place to perform. Organization was smooth. Most others can learn from that. But then the crowd was great as well. Not wild. Not slow. Just great. And where else would they sell pivo - beer - in one liter bottles to the crowd? Still nobody was drunk. Great crowd indeed. And great show too. Funny how one of the special songs like "Ain't Too Proud To Beg - which I am sure not may know that well in Montenegro - were building and building up, then Ronnie and Keith ended up shoulder by shoulder doing a great guitar jam which people really liked as well. Same with Rambler. Great because of the music and the power of the blues and jam and not because it was well known. But Satisfaction was very popular. Everybody was singing "I can't get no..."

Bjornulf

Posted by: vedran ()
Date: July 11, 2007 17:55

bv Wrote:
> And where else would they sell pivo -
> beer - in one liter bottles to the crowd? Still
> nobody was drunk. Great crowd indeed.

LOL
Well, that's south-eastern europe for you :-D
I'm glad you had a good time...

Posted by: Voja ()
Date: July 13, 2007 04:52

I’m old Stones fan (58); my first Stones concerts were Zagreb ’76, and I’m Serb. I wanted to see Stones in Budva because it’s near, but before trip I had to answer to most horrible question in the world:’ Stones coming to your town Belgrade, 1,5 kilometers air line close to your home, so why you going to Budva?’’ (How to explain these to Stones nonfans?)
Montenegro has population about 650.000 and it’s smallest country where Stones had been ever, as I remember well. Serbia & Montenegro live in union more then 85 years, and we both have same roots, names and language. More then year ago Montenegrins wanted to separate with Serbia and it was clever decision (for both!) Budva is tourist capital for this country, and they desperately wanted Stones therefore tourist and political promotion. But for ordinary Montenegrins Stones, naturally, means nothing.
So you could bye tickets for cheap prices on the day of the concert (only 32 EUR), and some rumors is that tickets shared for free in gas stations, markets etc. I repeat its rumors. Officials said that in concerts were 62.000, papers about 55.000 and truth is that there was about 40-45.000. In these circumstances it’s equal to Chinese population. Organization was really excellent.
But best of all is that concert was in Jaz beach, and sea is about 150 meters far from place. For me it’s good opportunity to swim 20 min. before Stones and its fine way to escape from boring opening acts. I mean that on Kopcabana wasn’t like this! Disadvantage was that only few Stones fans used this opportunity. You needed only hot towel and concert tickets!
O.K. let’s go on concert. First of all biggest surprise – Stones played only 18 songs! (Little less than 2 hours!!!)
Sec – (I have hundreds and hundreds Stones boots and never, absolutely never Sir Mick Jagger didn’t spoke in domestic language like on this concert. Never! I know that he is good in French, probably he spoke Spanish but in Budva he talked too much this Serbo-Croatian, or (after Hague trial) BCS or whatever this language is. And mostly he even didn’t need teleprompter!!! Once he said ‘’Nas BUBNJAR Charlie Watts’’, which means ‘’Our DRUMMER C.W.’’. And this word is so hard to pronounce for domestic people. Also he said in Serbo-Croatian ‘’Drago nam je sto smo na ovom prostoru’’, which means ‘’we like to be in this area’’. And you have to make distinction because he didn’t say ‘’We like to be on this country’’. Because (and he mentioned) there were Croatians, Serbs, Albanians and Russians (these lasts I didn’t saw any!). But also there were Serbs and Croats from Bosnia and Bosnians, too. (Thereabout as lyric in song ‘’Sand it To Me’’- only not Aliens.)
Keith Richards in one moment congratulated Mick to good knowing of foreign languages and (thanks god) didn’t say this boring phrase ‘’Good to be here, good to be everywhere’’. Before his set he said something like that he don’t speak like Mick this language and salute to the public in his memorable touching and cognizable way.
Long time ago, as I remember well in late 70’s Mick Jagger had stupid idea to change name of the band to ‘’Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones’’. After this tour name of the band must be ‘’Mick Jagger And His Fabulous The Rolling Stones’’, because (unfortunately) Mick gave to the band all – direction, emotion and creativity. Keith gives nostalgia and his incredible image. For Ron good is that he could share profit last few years. And also is fine that Charlie is with them because Stones without him never be complete. (But of course could exist). Point is seems that Keith is in bad condition. This mean: he is sweet still, he looks rebellious sometimes, even in moments he is real Keith Richards whose after 18 said ‘’Yes sir’’ to no one (except heroin), but life is short and limited. I’m shame to say that in Budva, even in ‘’Paint It Black’’ he made mistake with simple opening. Withal bootlegs will be, and if I had wrong blame it on me.
Others: Lisa & Bernard good as always, Blondie probably had to be there and brass section employing is not like on tours before. For example with them ‘’Ain’t Too Proud To Beg’’ was better than on original. Daryl Jones? I saw him when introduction was, and he is better then Bill Wyman, only. And Chuck (with his /what to say about/’Save The Tree’ T shirt) looks like he never herd for Chuck Berry’s Johnny Johnston. This means that piano could sound more basic and r&r.
Set: Good! Especially ‘Rambler’ and ‘YCAGWYW’. But only Micks and Chuck knows why ‘Satisfaction’ was on small stage. ‘You Got The Silver’ was capela as in last few concerts, and highlights was as always ‘JJF’.
At last question is what will be in Belgrade? For Stones set probably ‘CYHMK’ and some old song like ‘Angie’.
For attendance I have to say that young public have this Exit festival which happening in same time. And this festival is Serbian youth brand. Also here were 15 days before Red Hot Chilly Peppers and they played only 14 songs in front of 100.000 people and this was big disappointing for the young’s. Peppers, out of space, thought that it was festival; organization seduced young people and they, because don’t know who Stones are, expect short concert. Advertising was bad; government only thinking about Kosovo (not what the our people will eat) and for me success is concert itself… BTW show was phanthastic!!!

Date: July 13, 2007 05:27

bv Wrote:
> I did not see any goats really. Just a big crowd
> and a great place to perform. Organization was
> smooth. Most others can learn from that. But then
> the crowd was great as well. Not wild. Not slow.
> Just great. And where else would they sell pivo -
> beer - in one liter bottles to the crowd? Still
> nobody was drunk. Great crowd indeed. And great
> show too. Funny how one of the special songs like
> "Ain't Too Proud To Beg - which I am sure not may
> know that well in Montenegro - were building and
> building up, then Ronnie and Keith ended up
> shoulder by shoulder doing a great guitar jam
> which people really liked as well. Same with
> Rambler. Great because of the music and the power
> of the blues and jam and not because it was well
> known. But Satisfaction was very popular.
> Everybody was singing "I can't get no..."

After all I do regret not being there. You were all really lucky for that special experience. I have the impression - going East of Europe already is the new market to re discover the Stones. Over here things seem to be getting worse .........so - if they´ll tour again I think I´ll concentrate on these countries next time - to be honest I did not quite trust the thing, travelling on my own as a female - but I am hoping for another chance.......

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 13, 2007 20:58

This town looks so beautiful..i wanna go there someday.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: July 13, 2007 21:21

Was a great concert in beautiful environment. Stones played really well and Keith had a great day:

Only negative aspect was after the show: everyone had to take the bus back to town (or walk back), all buses were packed and no organisation at all.....
Hendrik

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 13, 2007 22:33

>> and Keith had a great day <<

~*YEAH!*~ what a beautifully hot clip - thanks for posting that!
when the music's having its way with him, Keith is just ... forever

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 13, 2007 22:40

Thats amazing...ha ha...great vid...close up....what a fantastic thread this is!Thanks!

Posted by: 61' telecaster ()
Date: July 14, 2007 01:45

Voja Wrote:
I&#8217;m shame to say that in Budva, even
> in &#8216;&#8217;Paint It Black&#8217;&#8217; he made mistake with simple
> opening. Withal bootlegs will be, and if I had
> wrong blame it on me.

It's only rock'n'roll and that's why we like it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 14, 2007 01:56

Voja
>Montenegro has population about 650.000 and it’s smallest country where Stones had been ever

Luxembourg in 1995, surely?

Glad you had a great time, Voja. Enjoy Belgrade tomorrow!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 14, 2007 02:07

Very good to read your review, Voja. Look forward to reading your impressions of the show in Belgrade.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 14, 2007 02:19

Budva is may be the most scenic and beautiful place I have ben to for seeing the Stones. And I have been around. Now it is too late for seeing them in Budva but go to Budva to see the city and the Montenegro coast. Beautiful nature. Great temperature. Nice people. Good beer. Recomended!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 14, 2007 02:23

bv Wrote:
> Beautiful nature. Great
> temperature. Nice people. Good beer.

The last bit has swayed it for me....

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: July 14, 2007 02:34

61' telecaster Wrote:
> Hanns has the point. These songs seem to be
> dropped from the setlist after few shows and the
> list of songs in rotation is getting smaller and
> smaller. On the other hand, if everyone of us make
> setlist for stones to play, that concert would
> last until late next morning.
>
Then they will reach the Allman Brothers...

Posted by: vedran ()
Date: July 14, 2007 03:39

Voja!!!! Long time no see!!!!

Have a blast tommorrow!! Unfortuanately I won't be there...

Posted by: Voja ()
Date: July 14, 2007 04:33

Vedran,
It’s pity that you’ll not be here. Budapest is aboard, too. But this boy Borna, as I seeing will be here. Now I know with whom Gile changing boots in Zagreb.
I made this post about Budva and Hendrik Mudler answered (I noticed his site once awhile) and said how Keith in Budva was perfect. O.K. We’ll see it in Belgrade had I right or wrong about KR. And I would like that this behavior is rock and roll and that H. Mudler had right!!!! I admire Keith really!
Yes Gazza Luxemburg, I wasn’t quite sure about (was they were there). And thanks for good wishes.
BTW I just crossed about 03. A.M. besides concert place, and I saw in the dark that stage is almost finished and that place is well secured. Nothing special.
I heard that in Novi Sad EXIT is mostly strangers, (about 6.000 only from England) and probably some of them would come to Stones. I’m adding (my kids told me) that in EXIT first day was not so good organization (only beer and water, not other drinks for example, bad stages, counters for drink only in one place etc.)(And not so good program like last years) but good atmosphere were (this is ‘’it’s only rock and roll’’ not Keith).
O.K. We Want Stones! We Want Stones! (Nanker & Phelge)

Posted by: DRStoned ()
Date: July 16, 2007 15:11

Hello
I've been in Budva show (6th Stones show). estimations about crowd - cca 38-45.000 people. Keith has had a bad day (especeally at first half of show). But I've heard the best version of Midnight Rambler yet smiling smiley Applause for YCAGWYW. What I missed was 1-2 songs more and 10 min longer show (show lasted for cca 1h50min). Overall show was good.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: July 16, 2007 23:42

see my pics on following link:

[p081.ezboard.com]

robert from austria

Posted by: 61' telecaster ()
Date: July 17, 2007 01:25

Great pictures on that link Robert.

Can you compare shows in Budva and Belgrade, which one was better. Couple of my friends weere in Budva, the others in Belgrade and we can't tell who had better luck. Godd thing in Budva was that it wasn't overcrowded.

P.S. I hope you managed everything very well.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1337
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home