Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Peter Tosh
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: August 19, 2010 01:55

Bump

HMN

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: August 19, 2010 02:22

swiss, the person you're referring to, is actually Count Suckle
One of the very first to setup a London based sound system

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 19, 2010 07:48

Sohoe
swiss, the person you're referring to, is actually Count Suckle
One of the very first to setup a London based sound system

Thank you, Sohoe. Count Suckle was really cool. made me want to interview a lot of these old dudes myself.

I didn't know until this documentary what "sound system" meant. Or "dub," really. Now I understand what "bands" like LCD Sound System and dub Narcotic are making reference to.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 19, 2010 08:23

I have all his stuff on record but never listens to them for 20 years now...I say Ken Bothe, that's my reggae-man...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2010 15:10

Me personally never liked reggae..(with some exceptions).
It's for Stonies.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 19, 2010 16:00

Amsterdamned
It's for Stonies.

Yeah, and you call yourself Amsterdamned...grinning smiley

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: August 19, 2010 16:56

ryanpow
Steppin Razor by peter tosh is one cool song. totally blew me away the first time I heard it.

Yes indeed, but have you heard the Junior Byles version?

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: August 19, 2010 17:04

Hound Dog
Was wondering what people here thought about Peter Tosh and his music. I have been a reggae fan for a while but just recently picked up some live Tosh cds I didn't have and was blown away. His studio stuff seems almost weak in comparison. I think it may have to do with poor production. Live his music has a very strong rock influence to it and the music really comes alive. The Dvd Captured Live is a great concert as well. His guitarist (can't think of his name at the moment) has some very Keithish sounding licks when he solos.

Would love to hear opinions on Tosh, I think he is brilliant and overshadowed by Bob Marley's success.

Also love to hear any good Tosh stories if anyone has any.

Or some cool pics.

One of the greats, for sure. He made three corking albums - Legalize It, Equal Rights (his masterpiece, I think) and Bush Doctor.

The others all had their moments, but they weren't as good as the opening trio. Two of the live albums are excellent too - the One Love Peace Concert is incendiary, as is Live and Dangerous in Boston 1976.

Tosh had mental problems resulting from both the car crash which killed his fiancee and fractured his skull, and also from the prodigious amounts of ganja he smoked.

There's a story in Chris Salewicz's excellent Bob Marley bio, of Tosh turning up at the studio while Mick Jagger was recording She's The Boss. He told Jagger he was going to kill him because he hasn't been paid any royalties for the albums he recorded on the Stones label. Jagger knelt down in front of him and said 'Go right and kill me if you want, Peter, but I had no idea you'd never got any money'. Jagger then wrote him a cheque for $100,000.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2010 18:18

Come On
Amsterdamned
It's for Stonies.

Yeah, and you call yourself Amsterdamned...grinning smiley

Stonies joke .winking smiley

Posted by: OlRiddim ()
Date: July 9, 2011 00:56

New Tosh re-releases with some sweet stuff from the vaults - light up and read on.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home