Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Rome show reports
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 9, 2007 02:20

Such a stupid thing to bring chairs on the pitch for Rome. Everybody was standing on their chairs and local security had no control.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 9, 2007 02:41

Just back from Rome. Big chaos but at least I had front row at the B-stage. Always a wonderful experience to see them so close even if the sound is poor of course. Ronnie joking with the security...aahhhh, great.
The show was so, so. No big surprises for me. Keith was good on "You got the silver" though.
What a city!!!

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: July 9, 2007 12:24

??"The show was so so"??
Really!? Everyone I've spoken with has a different opinion. I among others, have been to most of the shows on this Euro-tour. And I think Rome is the best show so far, along with Barcelona. And that pretty much equals the opinion of many of the people I've seen at the different shows. People who have really got a great base for comparing the shows. Seen'em all.
The only bad thing about this show was the security people. I hope they all get fired and that the promotor goes into bankrupcy...

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: July 9, 2007 12:29

Bjonrulf, I sent you my review when I got back from Rome last night, but I´m not sure you received it. You are so right about the stupid chairs!
Gerda

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: July 9, 2007 12:30

timbernardis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, hell, I've just read everyone's postings and
> I am even more jealous and pissed off now than I
> was before the show (that I missed it). I hate
> everybody who went even more now.
>
> Sounds typically Italian/Roman -- chaos, like the
> traffic, but the locals know what they are doing,
> I would suspect there is a "method in their
> madness."
>
> I have never been to so many shows on a Stones
> tour (also including the one Who show in London)
> with such an open proliferation of bootleg gear
> (apparel) and so close to the venue. Absolutely
> NOTHING like the States where there is much more
> control.
>
> The most open and crazy example of the bootleggers
> I saw was in Barcelona where, RIGHT DIRECTLY IN
> FRONT OF THE STADIUM in the FOS wristband line
> BEFORE the show for like 2 hours, THEY came to
> YOU, LOTS of bootleggers came up and down the line
> REPEATEDLY. And with a variety of different
> shirts and other items, some of them excellent.
> It was so EASY. And not a cop in sight bothering
> any of them.
>
> BTW, Spanish and Italian crowds both have wild
> reputations -- can anyone compare the Barcelona
> and Rome shows?? But I suppose the Argentinians
> still beat them all.
>
> And I must say I am STILL awaiting reports from
> the GERMAN LADIES.
>
> WELL, GIRLS ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
>
>
> Worst,
>
> The Plexiglass

Hmm, I have also bought bootleg shirts in MSG! And they have been cheaper and better than the official. So what?

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: July 9, 2007 12:37

> And I must say I am STILL awaiting reports from
> the GERMAN LADIES.
> WELL, GIRLS ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Which German ladies are you talking about? Do you mean my Austrian friends, Susanne and Isabella? Anyway, I was in wonderful/crazy Rome with Susanne and I wrote a review, but it didn´t get posted in the review section yet.

Posted by: vdkf ()
Date: July 9, 2007 12:54

Gerda Wrote:
> > And I must say I am STILL awaiting reports from
>
> > the GERMAN LADIES.
> > WELL, GIRLS ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
>
>
> Which German ladies are you talking about? Do you
> mean my Austrian friends, Susanne and Isabella?
> Anyway, I was in wonderful/crazy Rome with Susanne
> and I wrote a review, but it didn´t get posted in
> the review section yet.

Tim's referring to "mariannerl" and "voodokeef" (both banned from iorr)...

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: July 9, 2007 12:55

Meets & greets Rome
Thank you Bardo for photo www.stickyfingers.it and thank you Max,thank you PG & Alessandra
Sici

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-09 19:10 by only stones.

Date: July 9, 2007 12:56

gstone Wrote:
> ??"The show was so so"??

Just meant that I hoped for a nice surprise. Eg: Little T&A.
I don't like "You got me rocking very much"....

> The only bad thing about this show was the
> security people. I hope they all get fired and
> that the promotor goes into bankrupcy...

Bankrupcy? Do you think we'll get our money back? :-)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 9, 2007 13:00

what a great photo, Only Stones! bravi :E

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: July 9, 2007 13:03

You obviously don't know much about economy issues... Bancrupcy means the person(s) responsible for the company who f***d up, are out of business. The company also gets protection so they don't have to pay new bills.
By the size of the crowd in Rome, there's a good chance the promotor lost big money.
And no, you will not get your money back. Such a claim must be based uopn a serious reason. Not hearing Little T&A playd is not sufficient. But you got Ruby tuesday... (Counts for nothing I guess - but the Italians sung beautifully in the massive 40.000 people choir)

Can't you just admit it was a GREAT show, or do you need to feel safe in the little group who think their credibility is totally ruined if they should have something positive to say?

Date: July 9, 2007 13:23

gstone Wrote:
> You obviously don't know much about economy
> issues...

? It's my job

> And no, you will not get your money back. Such a
> claim must be based uopn a serious reason. Not
> hearing Little T&A playd is not sufficient.

Damn! But rest assure that if they don't sing "Ventilator blues" in Londen 26th, I'll file a lawsuit against the stones. And I'm damn serious, gstone.

> Can't you just admit it was a GREAT show

I've never been to a bad RS show. But after 60 shows I always hope they play songs I've never heard before live which they have been practising during rehearsals (even though it's just meant for fun at the time probably): like as I said before"Ventilator Blues"
Lighten up Gstone.

Posted by: loochie ()
Date: July 9, 2007 13:41

hmmm, maybe i shouldn't try to post anything sensible right now cause i'm still a bit bleary from the most FAB weekend i've had in a long time -

but - my opinion is:

in a way, i think the most important thing is the organization of a show beforehand. if they do everything all randomly and ass-backwards, without understanding the stones, the fans, etc. then it leaves a ALOT of room for unexpected things to happen. i wasn't even there for the big surge to FOS and didn't even know it happened until after the show, since i walked in amazingly to the first chords of START ME UP and by then, what was done was done as i tried in vain to find my seat. but i understood pretty quick that i was definitely not going to find any seat, much less mine, and i didn't really care either - to me it just looked like a chaos of estatic happy people jumping up and down and screamin their guts out and partying their asses off. i realized i wouldn't be exactly in the front as i thought, wouldn't be able to take any photos at all, but somehow it didn't matter so much. (probably helped that at other concerts in the past i was able to do exactly that, so perhaps i didn't feel so "desperate" about it).
so, having said that about the situation, what exactly do you think these low paid local security guys standing there smoking cigs at the stage should have done? start shootin ??! ;-) to me it sounded like a situation of a 1000+ people against maybe 25 guards - so in a way i think that the guards even did the smart thing by staying cool. plus, i doubt that they're total idiots, they've probably done security at 100s of football games, and i think by now they understand the "vibe" of a crowd, if it's ugly or violent or not. this crowd vibe just seemed like pure happiness, at least to me. i'm not saying that it wasn't probably a bit dangerous too - i mean, i'm sure i wouldn't have brought small children to any big rock show to cry and howl and be scared sh-itless - but who knows, maybe the people couldn't find a babysitter winking smiley anyway, i DO think that was pretty stupid. hey, i could have even fallen backwards off my chair, but mostly because of these stupid girls behind me who were trying to pull me down by my dress - seems like they were the only security in the place, ha ha) well not to mention standing up on a folding chair totally inebriated is not normally a good idea, but hey, there ya go. i was mostly being extremely friendly and considerate with others, but in a few instances of keith-ecstasy, just had to get up on that chair for a while, sorry about that ... but we all know that with sssoul told me do it, ha ha !!!!!!!!!! smiling smiley

anyway back to the point of the organization - along with all the other bizarre things they did, prices were very high, at least for rome. so i can see a lot of people buying the "cheap seats" and then getting there and starting to look around and think - hey ! che palle, we just spent euro 60-80 to be here way way far away, and it looks like there are even empty seats near the front - why not go "check it out". And then one thing led to another. Actually a friend of mine was part of the surge from the back sections. i saw him after the show and i asked him where he was, etc, and he said - wow i was right at the stage in the SECOND ROW !!! Benji you BRUTTO BASTARDO !:-))) well, he's one of the few friends i have here who love the stones, so i was pretty happy for him - just mad that i didn't end up going to the show with him smiling smiley

what i'm trying to say anyway is that the organization was bizarre and backwards, so lots of weird stuff happened....

Posted by: bardo_b ()
Date: July 9, 2007 13:50

with sssoul Wrote:
> what a great photo, Only Stones! bravi :E

what a great day it was!!!!

ciao

bardo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..five strings, three notes, two fingers, one @#$%&..

take a look at my RS tribute band:
[www.stickyfingers.it]

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 9, 2007 13:53

bardo_b Wrote:
> with sssoul Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > what a great photo, Only Stones! bravi :E
>
> [i205.photobucket.com]
> llingbardo.jpg
>
> what a great day it was!!!!
>
> ciao
>
> bardo

BASTARDO !!!! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 9, 2007 13:54

totally agree with you loochie
my "seat" was row five
i surf the wave and end up on row two
but where i was standing only a couple of "strafatti" were aggressive and annoying
the rest was very much good vibes

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 9, 2007 13:57

Charlie is found of BLUE PETROL colour these times smiling smiley

Posted by: didi ()
Date: July 9, 2007 13:59

just some words, i was at the show (originally 5th row), but when i saw people running to the front of the stage, i was quick and lucky to get the front row (usally i am always in the front row, if there are no seats), some guys behind me, who had tickets for the first row went to the security complaining about the situation, >>> we are vips, we are invited by, blablabla> so i thought for myself, no, this guys do not deserve it to be in the first row! So, for me it was the best thing that the "young and wild crowd" entert the front rows! By the way, it was really a great show!

Posted by: bardo_b ()
Date: July 9, 2007 14:00

loochie Wrote:
> bardo_b Wrote:
> -----
> > with sssoul Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > what a great photo, Only Stones! bravi :E
> >
> >
> [i205.photobucket.com]
>
> > llingbardo.jpg

ahahahahahahhahahahh che roba!! che robaaaaaaaa!! ;-)

bardo
> >
> > what a great day it was!!!!
> >
> > ciao
> >
> > bardo
>
>
> BASTARDO !!!! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..five strings, three notes, two fingers, one @#$%&..

take a look at my RS tribute band:
[www.stickyfingers.it]

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 9, 2007 14:12

bardo_b Wrote:
> loochie Wrote:
> -----
> > bardo_b Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > with sssoul Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > what a great photo, Only Stones! bravi :E
> > >
> > >
> >
> [i205.photobucket.com]
>
> >
> > > llingbardo.jpg
>
> ahahahahahahhahahahh che roba!! che robaaaaaaaa!!
> ;-)
>
> bardo
> > >
> > > what a great day it was!!!!
> > >
> > > ciao
> > >
> > > bardo
> >
> >
> > BASTARDO !!!! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

> > ..five strings, three chords, two fingers, one @#$%&..

YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-09 14:13 by loochie.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 9, 2007 14:19

BARDO, CONGRATULAZIONI!!!!! Spero che a Londra ci vedremo così se avrai voglia mi racconterai qualcosa!!! Sono molto contento per te e Max!! Ciao!!!

Date: July 9, 2007 14:20

maumau Wrote:
> totally agree with you loochie
> my "seat" was row five
> i surf the wave and end up on row two
> but where i was standing only a couple of
> "strafatti" were aggressive and annoying
> the rest was very much good vibes

i love that word in italian "stra-fatti" - describing not just wasted, but EXTRA-wasted winking smiley

anyway maumau, sorry i didn't get to recognize you and say "hi" (to the bearded-man), but as you know, non era il caso smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-09 19:01 by loochie.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 9, 2007 14:31

Damn, in the picture, Ronnie looks very healthy - almost back to Faces days!

In an earlier onstage picture, it looked like Keith had shaved. I guess not.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 9, 2007 14:38

loochie Wrote:
> maumau Wrote:
> -----
> > totally agree with you loochie
> > my "seat" was row five
> > i surf the wave and end up on row two
> > but where i was standing only a couple of
> > "strafatti" were aggressive and annoying
> > the rest was very much good vibes
>
>
> i love that word "stra-fatti" - not just wasted,
> but EXTRA-wasted winking smiley
>
> anyway maumau, sorry i didn't get to recognize you
> and say "hi" (to the bearded-man), but as you
> know, non era il caso smiling smiley

dont worry winking smiley e poi sono timido...

Date: July 9, 2007 14:49

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
> Damn, in the picture, Ronnie looks very healthy -
> almost back to Faces days!
>
> In an earlier onstage picture, it looked like
> Keith had shaved. I guess not.

ronnie looks great !!!!!! i think staying on the wagon really does suit him...
actually yesterday morning around noon i went to check out the situation in front the hotel (excelsior on via veneto - you know - dolce vita and all that - which i guess is okay to reveal because they've now left rome... actually another fan there informed me that they published the hotel name in the newspaper a long time ago ! winking smiley i just found out randomly from some people yesterday.
at any rate after a few hours of patience, we got to see our heros come out one by one and get into their cars...ronnie looked and acted so happy and bubbly, quickly signing some autographs, smilin his head off - i was lucky enough to be standing near his car door and i got a great photo close up of his smiley face - well, standing back at a polite distance using my zoom lens anyway winking smiley if it comes out (yeah, i was using film) i will defintely post it ! actually his mood was so infectious that i just yelled to him like a crazy person, CIAO BELLLOOO !! it cracked up the italians anyway smiling smiley

and keef of course - he seemed a bit in a shy mood yesterday - his car didn't drive out into the open where we were (charlie and ron's - yes, keith and mick's no). anyway patti got in first, and then he came out and sort of acknowleged the people and got into the car right away. i was sort of too far away to see if he had is mustache or not, but i think so smiling smiley anyway he is always bellissimo !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-09 15:05 by loochie.

Date: July 9, 2007 15:26

and about photos, between all of us, different people were able to get different really good photos - so we all exchanged emails and i'll post some stuff here when i get them

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 9, 2007 17:17

rrronnie Wrote:
> >i was not talking about the children you so
> called Ronnie!!Of course thats bad...but a Italian
> R&S show is not something you should bring your
> children to capiece...i saw bad things at
> shows...dealt with it...i see bad things every
> fuc-ing day but still can have fun...you just dont
> understand!>
>
> Why this aggressive tone, rooster? Or do I
> misunderstand you (again)?
> If you take your children to a Stones show that's
> fine as long as you have "safe" seats for them.
> Rome was an all-seated show so the parents are not
> to blame. It's this as Roadster called them and,
> even more, the stupid "security" who obviously was
> totally incapable of doing their job.

Well i said ..so it was not fun ..sorry to hear that...you made it seem like i only said...So it was not fun? And that was not so kind...i thats why i said it like i did...and about children..i think real young children at a R&R show is a dangerous thing to do( also think about their ears)...but after reading the reviews so many people had fun indeed...so its not wrong to ask ..if it was fun....now i say even cheers to you!And dont forget that...in the past this kind of things happened at almost every show!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-09 17:22 by rooster.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 9, 2007 17:28

Whos to blame?? I dont know I was not there they Used to blame it all On The Stones.....I have seen the security overrun at the gates(and not once!)I would never led a child being in such a situation.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 9, 2007 18:51

As I have no more shows to go to, this is a hypothetical questions, but maybe for the next tour (?!). How do you get to a meet and greet? How do you even find out about a meet and greet? What are the qualifications to get to a meet and greet? Obviously I have never got to a meet and greet! But still hoping.....

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: July 9, 2007 19:12

Thank you for this photo Bardo,
you and your S.F. are greats!
www.stickyfingers.it
Sici

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-09 19:14 by only stones.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home