Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Belgrade travel guide
Posted by: 61' telecaster ()
Date: June 28, 2007 02:33

Several weeks ago I sent an e mail to iorr staff with few words about travel to Belgrade but it's still not published on the tour page. Due to popular demand, I'll try to post some information here and will try to find out more later.

First, opening act will be local band Elektricni orgazam, one of my favorites. Originally new wave/punk band under heavy influences of Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and T. Rex [www.elektricniorgazam.com] (few mp3's and videos). Another site for some more mp3's is [www.nostalgija.com] (top and middle of the list). Pay special attention to this song: [66.232.109.132] , it's Out of Time with Serbian lyrics, was a huge hit some 20 years ago, taken from their live album.

General info on Belgrade and Serbia:

City of Belgrade, official site: [www.beograd.org.yu]
Fully searchable map of Belgrade: [www.planplus.co.yu]
Belgrade tourism: [www.tob.co.yu]
Wikipedia: [en.wikipedia.org]
Wiki Travel: [wikitravel.org]
Serbia tourism: [www.serbia-tourism.org]

Travel:

Jat Airways: [www.jat.com] and [en.wikipedia.org]

Nikola Tesla Airport: [www.airport-belgrade.co.yu] and [en.wikipedia.org]

Hotels:

Hotels [www.hotels.co.yu]
[www.visitserbia.org]

Hostels:

Large hostel(Red H on the map): [www.sc.org.yu]
Couple more hostels: [www.hostels.org.yu]
Another one: [www.belgradeeye.com]

Venue map:

Belgrade (couldn't find proper map and made this myself quickly):

O - Venue
R - Floating restaurants on Danube close to the venue, ideal place to chill out before the concert
H - Dormitory that turns into large hostel during the summer (for those looking for cheap accomodation)

Other events:

Robert Plant on July 12 in Novi Sad, 80 KM away from Belgrade. www.exitfest.org

I Didn't explain much but these links will provide you a lot of info. I will, also, try find out more that may be of your interest and update this thread.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-28 03:43 by 61' telecaster.

Re: Belgrade travel guide
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 28, 2007 07:43

thanks so much 61'! is it true there are magic carpet rides?

Date: June 28, 2007 12:00

see you there!

*and i'm just like that bird - singing just for you*

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 28, 2007 14:48

Thanks for the links!
That band does sound cool, do they still sound like that? Looking forward to the concert, will be fantastic! Bejbe, bejbe, bejbe ti nisi tu....

Posted by: grizzlybear ()
Date: June 28, 2007 15:01

Nice travel guide link for Belgrade on youtube:

cheers !

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: June 28, 2007 15:40

thanks for all the info !

maybe, we will use them. still thinking over, to go there from budva for one special night.

robert from austria

Date: June 28, 2007 17:08

I'm glad if I helped you in any way.

@ Robert: If you decide to come and can't find anything proper for you on these links, let me know so I can try to do some more search.

@ Grizzley: Thank you for your addition.

@ Lorentz: I don't know what songs you downloaded and played. They cjanged almost like Bowie smiling smiley throughout their career.

@: Queenie: Didn't try magic carpet ride yet. If you decide not to leave to Barcelona and you like Robert Plant, you can see him the same evening.

Date: June 28, 2007 20:18

61' telecaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> @: Queenie: Didn't try magic carpet ride yet. If
> you decide not to leave to Barcelona and you like
> Robert Plant, you can see him the same evening.

you mean he's playing belgrade on the 12th?

Date: June 29, 2007 00:21

Novi Sad, 80 KM away from Belgrade. Visit www.exitfest.org

Date: June 30, 2007 17:30

I have a question - I'd need a train from Belgrade to Bucharest on the 16th - I know that there is one that goes directly, leaving Belgrade at 4pm. Is there a way I can book tickets for that train on the internet or do you think it is sufficient if we book it on the day of departure?

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: June 30, 2007 22:06

this tickets are fos ,ok?

Tickets
------------------------------------------------------------

Cena 4350

Pretprodajna cena
Price = 4.350,00 CSD
No. of tickets = 4
Total = 17.400,00 CSD

robert from austria

Date: June 30, 2007 22:29

Lorenz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a question - I'd need a train from Belgrade
> to Bucharest on the 16th - I know that there is
> one that goes directly, leaving Belgrade at 4pm.
> Is there a way I can book tickets for that train
> on the internet or do you think it is sufficient
> if we book it on the day of departure?

i'm going to try to get that one too...my apartment broker in bucharest said it shouldn't be a problem to do it the day of. i'm going to do it when i get to rome, just in case.

Date: June 30, 2007 22:37

@ Robert: Yes. It's 220 euros total. I heard that these were sold out long time ago but it seems that it's wrong.

@ Lorenz: I don't think there's gonna be any problem with booking. Maybe you should do it when you come to Belgrade. Train station is about 20 minutes by foot from the venue, accross the bridge. It's to the left of green H on the above map.

Date: June 30, 2007 23:36

thanks aleksander,

i bought them today via eventim.yu-com,since today there are some of these tickets back again.

i`ve to say we are totally crazy, because i booked today this show for my family.
from budva to belgrade on july 14th by plane and back on the next day again to budva, and then straight ahead by car back to austria. crazy !!!

keep on rollin

robert from austria

Date: July 1, 2007 23:05

Nobody except Lorenz downloaded Out of Time?

Posted by: babylon ()
Date: July 4, 2007 11:17

Asked at the Austrian trainstation today - there are only few spaces left on the direct train to Bucharest (leaves at 4.20 p.m., arrives at 6.18 a.m.)
Would suggest to book in advance here - maybe Lorenz and little queenie and I could share one "apartment" ..:-))

And Robert, yes, this IS crazy indeed!!!
See you in Budva

Susan

Date: July 4, 2007 11:20

Just replied to your email, babylon!
Sounds like a good idea, wouldn't want to risk being stuck in Belgrade or being on a train for more than 12 hours on an uncomfy seat...

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: July 5, 2007 09:19

Another supporting band for Belgrade show. They sound like The Black crowes and it will be nice to hear them live.

[www.theanswer.ie]

Ulster rockers The Answer today told of their amazement at securing their biggest concert to date - supporting The Rolling Stones in front of 80,000 people in Serbia.

The Downpatrick band, who supported The Who in Dublin and Cork last weekend, received a personal invite from the Stones to join them at their show in Belgrade on July 14.

They also supported Aerosmith at Hyde Park in London.

The Stones gig is the latest in a series of successes for the band, who count tennis legend Pat Cash among their fans.

"It's just amazing. The Rolling Stones are just about the best rock 'n' roll band of all time and so many of their albums have influenced The Answer, so to be asked to support them is such an honour," he said.

Posted by: kirildimov ()
Date: July 5, 2007 22:25

Hi! Can anybody helps me about direction from central station to the stadium ? 10X

Date: July 5, 2007 23:07

As I said, central bus and train station is on the left side of green H on the map. You should cross the bridge behind the bus station and then turn to the right, behind the Hypo bank building* (the only building in the park). It should be 15-20 minutes stroll.

* As I can see from your name you may recognize this building as former CK.

Posted by: kirildimov ()
Date: July 5, 2007 23:25

Thanks again, 61' telecaster.

Date: July 10, 2007 02:41

Just to up this topic as the July 14 is coming closer and closer.

Posted by: vedran ()
Date: July 10, 2007 02:47

'61, do you think BG will be sold out? Will I be able to buy tickets as I arrive to the venue/place? Ne znam jos idem li pa me zanima smiling smiley Takodje, kako su karte raporedjene, ono sekcija lijevo/desno, naprijed nazad?

thx!

Date: July 10, 2007 02:55

I don't think that the show will be sold out. My guess is 55-60 K people. If there's any news I will post it here. I heard that front cestion tickets were sold in April, but Robert wrote above that he acquired 4 tickets online just few days ago. Front is divided in left and right(P1L - Ronnie' side and P1R- Keith's side) and cost app. 53 euros. Back row tickets are marked P2 and cost 35 euros.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home