Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Barcelona show reports and comments
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 24, 2007 10:43

does anyone remember what guitar Keith was using on SFTD at Barcelona?
or have any photos of him and his instrument in that number?
watching this very blurry youtube clip:

surely my eyes must be deceiving me, so any clearer views would be very very gratefully received,
please and thank you kindly!

Date: June 24, 2007 20:50

Sorry for the delay, but everything seems to be ready - with some further pictures I took at Barcelona!

The 'Honky Tonk Woman' stage....

Play those guitars......

Charlie makes his way to the 'B' stage.....

Let's go, Keith.....

Mick on fine form.....

You should have heard him just around midnight.....

A wonderful evening, if anyone has yet to buy a ticket for this tour, do it now!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 24, 2007 20:54

More superb pictures . Thanks MOWAT.

Aren't we getting some wonderful shots posted on this tour.
Is it because all those compact digital cameras are so good these days ?

Date: June 24, 2007 22:33

those are brilliant, MoWaT! thank you

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 24, 2007 22:43

Superb photos indeed, Charlie looks like a kid stearing his father's boat

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 24, 2007 22:44

Yes indeed,fantastic photos-thanks for posting!

Cheers,

Si.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 24, 2007 22:45

What can I say... Agree to all honoured here before speekers...
Great great pictures!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-24 22:45 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: June 24, 2007 23:16

Lovely pics. Many thanks

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: June 25, 2007 10:45

Thanks for the Barcelona pics and reviews!

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: June 25, 2007 11:58

I thought I would write my brief review (albeit a bit late-only just got back from Barcelona)

The crowd were fantastic from the off- as expected in Spain.

After all of the recent Keith bashing, I was concerned to note that for the first few songs the great man did not appear to be totally 'with it' and did seem to struggle initially.

I must admit, at this point I was a little concerned about Keith's own set (especially after recent reviews-albeit some a little hysterical). However, I needn't have worried. He sang a truly beautiful version of You Got the Silver-the best singing I have heard him do in all the concerts I have seen. Wanna Hold You was also great (and better than expected). It was also emotional to see Keith get an almost 5 minute ovation 'Ole Ole Ole' etc etc with Keith replying 'Mucho Gracias'.

After that Keith really came alive and did some fanatastic soloing. He nailed JJF, BS and Satisfaction.

Mick appears to be getting better and better- what an athlete and frontman! It was great to hear Streets of Love- one of my favourites from last year. MR was especially good.

I can honestly say that they are as good as ever -I can say, to all of their recent detractors, that they are still the best- so F@&k off and go listen to the Back Street Boys or something!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 25, 2007 12:50

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thanks everybody for the reviews -
> would someone be kind enough to explain where the
> FOS wristbands were given out:
> at the main entrance, or at the FOS entrance?
> the regular distribution, i mean - not the good
> Bjornulf's generosity. :E

<<< would someone be kind enough to explain where the FOS wristbands were given out >>>

Yes Ms sssoul, I can gladly answer this for you. We originally bought GA tickets, because we felt it was too dangerous to go for seats without being able to look at a meaningful seating plan, you will probably recall all the moaning and groaning when Barcelona and Madrid came on sale. About a week later, I took the plunge and bought seats, because I felt I understood the stadium "section layout" ... some kind person had dug up a stadium seating plan for the 2005 U2 Vertigo tour. They were great seats, in section 122, nearest block of lower tiers to the stage on Ronnie's side. We then sold our pitch gen admission tickets on IORR.

So imagine then our complete and utter surprise when we turn up at the stadium, and f f f f f f f*** me, there's a cordoned off FOS area. We conned our way onto it, by simply joining a large group of people who had already shown their tickets to one particular security guy, who then referred them to the next security guy who was handing out the purple wristbands for allowing you access to and movement in/out of the FOS area. We simply slipped in among that group to AVOID having to show our tickets (which were clearly not FOS but SEATS), stuck our wrists out like everyone else, and promptly got a wristband put on, Once that wristband was on, you then didn't have to show your ticket again if you went in/out of the FOS area.

We did that around 21:00 I'd say, Stones were due on at 22:00. We were comfortably able to stand just one "row" as it were behind the people leaning up on the rail, about 5 to 6 metres to the left of the catwalk on ronnie's side. GREAT position, especially for that late in the day. I did notice that around 21:30 they appeared to stop issuing those purple wristbands, I can only assume they simply eyeballed the area and decided it was full enough.

Seeing as there was CLEARLY no FOS available as a specific ticket at the time of the sales, it was a huge surprise to find that in reality there was in fact a FOS area at the stadium. we got in there and had a blast, but it must be said ... it's nothing short of grossly misleading, if not deceptive, of the ticket agencies and the venue NOT to sell tickets according to HOW THEY ACTUALLY LAY THE VENUE OUT !!

There was no FOS in san Sebastian, I'm in lisbon at the moment for tonight's show, so we'll see what the layout is there, as indeed for Madrid on Thursday and El Ejido on Saturday. NONE of these venue offered FOS tickets at sale time ... ???

Date: June 25, 2007 13:48

Seems like there will be no FOS in Lisbon, but seeing will be believing ...

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 25, 2007 17:07

Thanks for the great photos!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 25, 2007 17:54

I agree with Paul as we had GA tix and were prepared for a lot off effort required to get anywhere near the front areas.Got there about 6.30pm and joined the line for GA and half hour later or less were in the inner ring with tons of room anywhere in that area.Got the wristband to go out to the bogs and get a beer and back 5 mins before Stones came on.No effort to get 10-15 metres from stage .When B stage went past was right up to barrier.Great,great show and many thanks to bv,Paul and all the other fans I met and didn't meet who have done such a great job in getting reviews,pix ,videos and info to us all.They all deserve a special Stones medal!!!!!

Date: June 25, 2007 18:12

thanks Paul & Crawdaddy - glad you and the glamourous Beast got into the FOS area where you belong. :E
and the FOS wristbands were given out at entrance to the FOS area, yes? not at the main entrance to the stadium?

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 25, 2007 20:29

with sssoul Wrote:
> and the FOS wristbands were given out at entrance
> to the FOS area, yes? not at the main entrance to
> the stadium?

Yes, the wristbands were given out at entrance of the FOS area. It took hours to fill it up.

Date: June 25, 2007 21:03

Thanks for all your comments about the photos! It was great to be there (as the saying goes)

You can see the FOS area here at 8.20pm - 1hour 40mins before showtime...

We headed down to collect our wristbands and had a great night....(err, mine's on the left!)

Date: June 26, 2007 18:04

Manofwealthandtaste Wrote:
> Thanks for all your comments about the photos! It
> was great to be there (as the saying goes)
>
> You can see the FOS area here at 8.20pm - 1hour
> 40mins before showtime...
> [i5.photobucket.com]
> ndtaste/P1000331.jpg
>
> We headed down to collect our wristbands and had a
> great night....(err, mine's on the left!)
> [i5.photobucket.com]
> ndtaste/P1000388.jpg

Lying toad ... that's yours on the right. And that BarRoomQueen does need to keep outa the sun !!!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 29, 2007 19:27

A video link, hope it works

mms://media.telecinco.es/telecinco/informativos/informativos_ba/070622concierto.wmv

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: June 29, 2007 19:59

open-g

yes it does and many thanks.

doncha just luurve Mick talking foreign? lol.

Posted by: pep ()
Date: July 1, 2007 16:48

Hello,

I need some great photos from the Barcelona show in order to create some artwork
for my recording before i post in some trackers and keep the memories alive for that great show!

I have seen some great photos (especially Lisa, Keith and Charlie)

Pleaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Of course your credits in the artwork.

Please send to

fortylicks2002@yahoo.es

Thank you!

J

Posted by: pep ()
Date: July 1, 2007 21:02

Hello again,

I will send the recording (terrific sound!) to anyone who provides me photos form the show (appreciated high resolution photos)...

Thanks,

fortylicks2002@yahoo.es

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 1, 2007 21:54

Superb artistic photos.

Date: July 3, 2007 12:18

>> You can see the FOS area here at 8.20pm - 1hour 40mins before showtime ... <<

- by ManofWealthandTaste

just curious: since the FOS sections were still quite uncrowded, and open to anyone with a pitch ticket,
how come all those folks chose to populate the non-FOS section instead? i mean:
if they were right on the catwalk or b-stage i'd understand, but is there some special appeal
in being at the far sides of the barrier between FOS and non-FOS? thanks for any insights ...

Date: July 3, 2007 12:23

Probably just a case of them not realising you could go and pick up a wristband to enter FOS....first come, first served.
We ended up really close to the stage, as you can see.....

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home