Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11
Re: Paris reports
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 17, 2007 01:50

excellent ALL DOWN THE LINE extended version

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: June 17, 2007 01:51

Just in and it is great to see paris was a blast for those who were lucky enough to go.

Bummed out that I had to sell mine but at least the people who bought them will be happy.

Just one question.

What happened to Monkey Man ??.

Swear I saw it listed now poof its gone.

I was sober as well and my vision is 20/20

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 17, 2007 01:52

Someone Kung-Fuzed CYHMK with it.

Posted by: The Flasher ()
Date: June 17, 2007 01:53

madmaxx Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just in and it is great to see paris was a blast
> for those who were lucky enough to go.
>
> Bummed out that I had to sell mine but at least
> the people who bought them will be happy.
>
> Just one question.
>
> What happened to Monkey Man ??.
>
> Swear I saw it listed now poof its gone.
>
> I was sober as well and my vision is 20/20

The first reports said Monkey man but it was in fact CYHMK...

Date: June 17, 2007 01:53

Smurf

Posted by: The Flasher ()
Date: June 17, 2007 01:54

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> Smurf

haha...

Gammelsmurf....tongue sticking out smiley

Date: June 17, 2007 01:57

the upper level of the stade de france was not opened (see the pic) both sides and the stage was closer than last year.
They say 55.000 tickets sold.
[download.yousendit.com]

In fact it was full in this congiguration
[download.yousendit.com]

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 17, 2007 01:59

brainer Wrote:
> firebird . at a rs show there are no zombies on
> stage .its the highest pro level!! but some of
> there fans have changed, they count riffs,notes
> care for health ,real strange sometimes.

aaaahh, so fans are wrong in their heads when they observe bad playing? now I understand!

Date: June 17, 2007 01:59

The Flasher Wrote:
> Baboon Bro Wrote:
> > Smurf
> haha...
> Gammelsmurf....tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: June 17, 2007 02:04

brainer Wrote:
> firebird . at a rs show there are no zombies on
> stage .its the highest pro level!! but some of
> there fans have changed, they count riffs,notes
> care for health ,real strange sometimes.

Yes I agree!
Let yourself loose !
It's THE ROLLING STONES!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 17, 2007 02:14

toomuchformewrote:
"some excellent things and some bad...mixed emotions

Keith was wonderful : satisfaction, sympathy, sugar.
Keith awful : happy (forgot the lyrics, did not play the solo when it was time), she was hot had a strange starter. Missing notes too during YGMR.

Mick was not sure of the lyrics on waiting on a friend. He made an excellent harp part during CYHMK.

Excellent Ronnie during the whole show especially can't you hear me knocking.

A very good show but not as good as the Paris 2006 one."

That doesn't sound too horrible, does it?
I like the set list, nice!

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: June 17, 2007 02:20

Thank you bro & Flasher

All clear now.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 17, 2007 02:41

Just come back from the show. A great setlist. A stadium full in the small configuration, i.e. 60,000 people. A 2 hour gig. The audience started being in the show in the middle of it when they went on the b-stage and when the night came in. Mick is THE frontman noone can compete with. He as Charlie and Ron were brilliant. Was it a Stones gig ? No. Is it possible to attend a Stones show when the Humam Riff is not there. He hasn't been able to play a single note, a single note. Sometimes he seemed to remember he was on stage. But what a disaster. I am sad. This man I deeply admire nailed all his standards, even JJF was rubbish. I am sad. I don't know what's wrong with his health. Surprisingly he did run twice and seemed in " good" physical condition. Maybe the only song he did not sabotage was IORR. I am sad tonight. Next show is Lyon. Waiting on the greatest guitar player on earth.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 17, 2007 02:55

Just got back from the Paris show. What a great show - the band were really enjoying themselves tonight and were in a loose and experimental mood. Some songs were a bit loose and few cues here and there were missed, but the band seemed so relaxed and comfortable that, instead of falling apart, they turned it into a positive and let the songs take on a new direction. Start me up was a great opener, a solid, tight version. Let's spend the night together was next. A bit slow, but a tight, well played version. Rough Justice was great with Keith taking the solo, and it was probably his best solo all night (except for his great work in Sympathy). A burning version of All Down the Line was next, with Keith taking control and playing brilliantly. Strong versions of She was hot and Waiting on a friend followed, and then we were treated to an extended version of Can't you hear me knocking with great harp solo from Mick and awesome solo from Ronnie. Ronnie played absolutely brilliantly tonight - he is just getting better and better. Keith focussed on rhythm tonight and was great - some of his solos were a bit rusty, and I think he knows it and so he is focussing more on rhythm again which is really what he is best at. His guitar was mixed loud tonight and it had an awesome, dirty tone (sort of like the 81 sound which I love). Only lowpoint of the show was Keith's set - he forgot basically all of the words of Happy and Wanna Hold You, and even made up some filthy words in Wanna Hold You (he said at one point "I'm gonna shove it up your @#$%&" - I am not making this up, can someone else who was at the show verify this). All in all, one of the more interesting and enjoyable Stones shows I've seen - the experimentation was great, would love to see more of it, and in a smaller venue it would work even better.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: June 17, 2007 03:03

Wake up its no dream keith!!!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 17, 2007 03:07

John Lomax, thanks for the laugh...would love to hear that Wanna Hold You
great review
BTW, Mick said the same thing in Cedar Falls 1981

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-17 03:08 by Erik_Snow.

Date: June 17, 2007 03:07

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 17, 2007 03:10

Such a great show! The reports are coming here as well:
[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 17, 2007 03:14

I don't think we've ever gotten that many conflicting reviews...hope you all enjoyed the show, at least you all seem to agree that Ronnie was excellent (again!)

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: YPatrick ()
Date: June 17, 2007 03:24

Lorenz Wrote:
> I don't think we've ever gotten that many
> conflicting reviews...hope you all enjoyed the
> show, at least you all seem to agree that Ronnie
> was excellent (again!)

I just received some text messages from a couple of friends who were there (no members of this board), half of them say it was god-awful half of them say it was the greatest Stones gig they´ve ever been to, funny.....

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: June 17, 2007 03:39

Well, I'm back.
I agree that it was a very mixed kind of night. Some great stuff, some not so great, and mostly all of it revolved around Keith. He did a fine job on All Down the Line which I loved, was great on the second solo of Sympathy, had his moments on rhythm guitar during the CYHMK jam. His first solo on Sympathy was bad, his solo during LTSTNT was terrible, and, overall, he had a hard time carrying a song the whole way through. JJF should not feature Blondie backing Keith up on the riffing. Other example : he plays the intro to CYHMK alright, and then stops playing until the chorus.
Overall, a good show : CYHMK was great (Ronnie had a fantastic, sharp sound and played very well), so was Waiting on a Friend (except the Tim Ries solo...), and some chaotic but enjoyble moments (She Was Hot).

Posted by: Fourchette ()
Date: June 17, 2007 03:41

Merci!!!!!!!!
What a great show!
A few "Ola" In the stade....
All the people on the stage was phenomenal. A special ovation from the public for Lisa during "I 'll go crazy". Ron and keith was giants and ....Explosiv. This was a Bigger Bang!!!
But what was wrong with the sound at the end of the show? We heard a bad Mick's voice for Brown Sugar & Jumping Jack Flash !

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: June 17, 2007 04:01

Lorenz Wrote:
> I don't think we've ever gotten that many
> conflicting reviews...

I think it's probably a case of the "see what you want to see" phenomenon - on both sides of the matter. Unsurprisingly, the "conflict" is about Keith. Those who follow the band closely probably have a firm opinion about what's going on with him and it is understandable they would go to the show with different expectations. And so some went looking for the bright spots and for signs he had redeemed himself from a couple of bum shows while others waited for him to screw up to justify what they already thought about him. Happens to the best of us...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 17, 2007 04:13

Are you sure you all went to the same show? It was a great show,sorta,kinda not really for sure. I'll take your word for it.............Hope all enjoyed anyway.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: June 17, 2007 04:19

The Stones made their fourth gig at Stade de France since the stadium was built. They had already performed at this venue in 1998, 2003 and 2006. The 2007 show was as great as the previous ones.
Of course, I attended all of them. Each time I was in a different part of the stadium. In 1998, I was on Keith’s side in the golden square. In 2003, Ronnie’s side in the golden square. In 2006, much further in the rear, after having to exchange tickets and, in 2007, Keith’s side in the golden square. As a matter as a fact, it seems that Keith’s side is less and less factual. Keith performs most of the time in front of Charlie’s drums and goes to Ronnie’s side more than he did years ago.
The Stones were great on the four shows at this venue. However technically the sound seemed to me somewhat a bit diverse. In 2003, echoes could be heard. In 2006, the sound was perfect. In 2007 it seems to me that it was fairly as good as the previous year.

The weather cleared up just before the show. The Stones came on stage at 9:20 p.m.
Charlie was the first one that I saw. Then Keith began to play Start me up on the edge of the stage. He looked different than the last time I saw him in Werchter. Probably he was less drunk, or something... Anyway, his performance was great, as usual. And so was Mick’s.
After Let’s spend the night together, Mick said in French “ on va s’éclater, … merci d’avoir attendu”, which is something like: “We are going to have a high time. This is the 2nd gig in Paris for this tour. Thanks for having waiting that long”.
Between She was hot and Waiting on a friend, Mick said in French that the new French Prime Minister was in the audience. As a result, the audience started booing loudly.

“I go crazy” as a tribute to James Brown was one of the highlight of the show.
Before playing Happy, Keith said “nice to be back”. He looked in a good shape.
On B stage the band was closer to the audience. Mick noticed that now he could see the colour of someone’s eyes.
I enjoyed the whole show.

Tonight was great. The night before, I could talk to Ronnie at the Art Gallery in Paris. The day after to-morrow I see the Stones in Lyon.

Georges

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: June 17, 2007 04:42

Georges Wrote:
> Between She was hot and Waiting on a friend, Mick
> said in French that the new French Prime Minister
> was in the audience. As a result, the audience
> started booing loudly.

Had a (not so) similar moment at the Globen in 1998. When Mick announced that the king of Sweden was there, I jeered loudly - only to quickly find out I was just about the only one doing that. Didn't think there would be many monarchists attending Rolling Stones shows, but was proven dead wrong.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: June 17, 2007 04:52

------
Just come back from the show. A great setlist. A stadium full in the small configuration, i.e. 60,000 people. A 2 hour gig. The audience started being in the show in the middle of it when they went on the b-stage and when the night came in. Mick is THE frontman noone can compete with. He as Charlie and Ron were brilliant. Was it a Stones gig ? No. Is it possible to attend a Stones show when the Humam Riff is not there. He hasn't been able to play a single note, a single note. Sometimes he seemed to remember he was on stage. But what a disaster. I am sad. This man I deeply admire nailed all his standards, even JJF was rubbish. I am sad. I don't know what's wrong with his health. Surprisingly he did run twice and seemed in " good" physical condition. Maybe the only song he did not sabotage was IORR. I am sad tonight. Next show is Lyon. Waiting on the greatest guitar player on earth.
-------

as long as only the same guys write spectacular reviews about the paris show who wrote keith was on fire in frankfurt i simply don´t believe it.
as long as there are others who see the complete opposite someone must be lying or be wrong.

for the frankfurt show the official reviewers of that fan site were simply lying.

from the pictures i saw keith only looked good in one of them, the others were shocking again.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 17, 2007 09:54

It was a great show. I worried about the size of the crowd until shortly before the Stones came on - then it looked full for whatever configuration they had.

Keith was great - forgot a few words, but I only heard a few bad notes. Solos good; he was working on this, concentrating; playing the riffs; received a huge hug behind the amps between songs (Pattie I think). No extra long versions of war horses either - hence the just sub-two hour set list. Lots of support from band members. I suspect the critics have hurt his pride.

Mick must love Paris - always on top form here, and tonight was no exception. Charlie smiling and almost last to leave the stage. Ronnie played the best I have seen all tour - little posing; loads of playing!

Nice set list - great sax solo from Tim Ries on Waiting on a Friend. Much better version of She Was Hot than in the US last autumn. Its All Over Now really rocks.

Better than 2006 in the Stade?...probably the same high quality gig. But in the FOS area the crowd was much more friendly than previous years.

A few days of then Barca

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 17, 2007 10:10

Three good reports from newspapers from the right to the left. If you read french, enjoy the reading.

But I think these guys have never ever seen The Stones, more exactly they have never heard who is the real Keith Richards. I sign again that he was a pale shadow of what he was / is. Last year was outstanding with a memorabily MR. He was in. Yesterday, he could not even play correctly TD. Sound was cristal clear as in 2006. Isn't is a real, real shame that Blondie had to play behind Keith many times, even during JJF or Satisfaction. His unique approximately audible solo was during IORR.

[www.lefigaro.fr]

[www.leparisien.fr]

[tempsreel.nouvelobs.com]

Date: June 17, 2007 10:13

strange that the audience was not happy about the prime minister when you see the results of the elections; 54% pro votes for his political clan.

But let's come back to Keith.
I think there is a problem, really.

He could be not in the mood or in bad shape just one day. But here it is different. Different from last year.

The drink was not the problem last night. The guy could provide great parts and alternate instantly with bad ones (it was my first comment here on this topic).
But what is weird is the way he forgot the lyrics (he sings "happy" and "wanna" for 30 years and even more for "happy" !) and could not start on solos when we were waiting for them. Mick said many times "yes" "come on" and was looking at the guitars quite often, waiting for Keith to go on.

It is like Keith has some "holes" in mind.

And you did not see him running on stage ! A few meters and he was about to fell down. He did some great efforts during the show, to move on, being infront the stage.

But the general feeling is that something is going wrong. You could say is tired but the tour has just begun !
I will see after Lyon gig if I have the same feeling.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home