Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Paris reports
Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: June 18, 2007 13:44

Adrian-L Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> we must have been virtually rubbing shoulders...i
> was in exactly the same location as you.

Section G, second to last row, seats 19-23 (me and 4 nice lookin ladies: indian mother/daughter combo + my wife). I didn't know that was Bruce's daughter (Rumour?) with him.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 18, 2007 13:48

he was sitting with 2 of his daughters..one with dark hair, spitting image of Demi Moore (Rumer, i think her name is) other daughter, blonde hair waving around a digital camera all through the show.

i was in section G, last row, with my gf...seats 28-29
..sorry me didnt meet

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-18 13:48 by Adrian-L.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: June 18, 2007 15:15

Paris ! I arrived in the Stade de France around 18h30. The rain fell around 17h but suddenly, by miracle, the sky was cleared up.
Present in the same place in 2005 for U2 concert in a SDF full like an egg, we notice rather quickly that the Stade de France is not sold out. The high bench are neutralized and covered with black tarpaulin with the Rolling Stones tongue. The huge galleries closer to the scene, formerly filled by U2 fans are completely empty. The french newspaper “le Parisien” and “France Info Radio” talks about 45.000 to 55.000 spectators for this evening. That’s must be true.

We only attend the any end of Starsailor show, the sound was clear.The singer is excellent, but the mission is impossible.... The band is obviously happy to be here, opening for the Stones. Starsailor receives a real ovation, deserved I think.

21h20. Here they are. A riff is piercing the sky, Start me up !. The second miracle is there, Stones are back in Paris, in 2007, after 45 years of career, onstage in front of my eyes. Stones, citizens of the world. The sound is clear and powerful, it is a good surprise. I will remember a long time the interrogative murmurs and sometimes the mocking laughs (cruel with my owns ears) which punctuate this beginning of the show all around me. Until CYHMK, Keith was lost. Purely groping. Mick keeps the house, and Ronnie is very concentrated. Rough Justice is quite good, all Down The Line too. Very powerful version. With She Was Hot, a little wobbly, Stones confirm resolutely rock'nroll show option. Love that. Mick is perfect, but occupies less space. It remains most of the time in the center of the stage, guard of the fort and band cohesion, close to Keith and Ronnie. Keith disappears durably from the screens. Waiting on a Friend is a little disappointing version with my taste, rather dull. It misses the sweetened nonchalance of the original version. But CYHMK atomic version, great Ronnie on this one.

2 days later, I still find with difficulty the words to describe the homage paid to James Brown. Lisa is really a great great singer. I'll Go Crazy play the Stones. The audience too. Ovation. Perfect Tumbling Dice, with this evening the New Orleans magic groove The set of Keith ? I kept in memory the splendid version of Happy in Rio in 2006. The version of this evening is only one very pale copy. The variation is abysmal. Nothing good, the song and the play of Keith is catastrophic. Same thing during Wanna Hold You. The moment is painful. Mick return for a very good IORR, B-stage witj It' S All Over Now ! I am 15 years old, and Jagger is a genius, You Got Me Rocking (average version) and Honky Tonk Women which charms the assistance. A true shock on Sympathy For The Devil. The lights are superb, Mick overhangs the scene and crowd. The guitars are trenchant, perfect tempo. Satisfaction ! Keith is on the left and plays, still and still. Mick seems surprised, he can’t sing the refrain. But the final is very good. Rock' N roll in Paris . Keith completely misses Brown Sugar intro. The bomb is defused. Too bad. A recall and only one, Jumpin' Jack Flash, but a very very good one. JJF is really the greatest rock' n roll song of all times. It is already finished. Ovation for the 4 Stones. I look at the stage that roadies already start to dismount. Will they come back in Paris ?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 18, 2007 16:49

the singer not the bong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why of why did the Stones lower themselves enough
> to hire the abysmal Starf*cker, or what, was it
> Starsailor, to open for them? Perhaps to make them
> sound better? Either way, this was NOT the band to
> open for the Stones: while to the Stones play
> blues-based *rock n roll*, Starshitter focuses
> mainly more on the sort of testosterone-less,
> souless, colourless, passioneless tripe that has
> been exported from the UK over the past 5 or so
> years. (Think Keane, Coldplay et al.) ...........

I couldn't agree more.
what a boring band. I had seen them in Frankfurt from 3rd row and I was in agony then - but to hear them again in Paris just quadruples the pain.
the positive thing for Frankfurt was - I could leave my seat and come back later, which I did.
In Paris I was pretty close to the stage first but I gave up my space, mainly because of this whingeing crappy band, but also to get some drinks and meet folks.
It started to rain a bit, which I wouldn't have minded if Jet or Van the Man were up stage.
My deepest sympathy for those who have to suffer though this crap band tonight.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 18, 2007 17:56

Just got back from the Paris show (looong flight) and I can report:

Keith was back. His eyes were open -- he was alert, smiling, laughing. Completely different from the person I saw in Frankfurt. He screwed up quite a bit. On happy he sang the wrong verse, his intro to Brown Sugar was a mess, etc., but at least he knew it. you could tell by the sheepish look he had. He came out on the left ramp (Ronnie's side) during Tumbling Dice, and it was a joy to see him staring at the audience, laughing away, feeling it. I was so happy to see him without that dazed look, that it didn't matter what he played, I would have loved it. Anyway, I am now hopeful for the rest of the tour.

Ronnie, by the way was magnificent throughout.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 18, 2007 18:00

Now there's a view from a level headed chap in my opinion ;^)

Now can't we just let Keith get older... like we all have to !

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: June 18, 2007 22:31

Thoroughly enjoyed the Paris gig - what a great time.

A few things about the show:

*The choice of set list was superb! Waiting On a Friend, She Was Hot, CYHMK, It's All over Now... loved it!!!

*Mick was on fire. He always is. How does he do it - so much energy!! Charlie was good as usual... delighted to say that Woody was really on form. I saw the Giants Stadium show in 2005 and he was struggling but first rate tonight. Nice one, Woody!!!

*Keith. What can I say? As a guitar player and a big Stones fan it hurts me to say that he just can't do the job anymore. He plays a few notes, forgets words, struts around beaming to the applause but he can't hack it. It was very very sad to watch his total destruction of Wanna Hold You.. he got lost, hands running up and down the guitar kneck without playing a note almost as if he's hoping to somehow remember what to play. Sorry, Keef. Perhaps that palm tree incident has to answer for more than we feared after all.

*The show was overall great, good sound, plenty of space at the FOS area which was a pleasant surprise too. I'd say the stadium was about 75% full.

Roll on Rome next month, though I don't have great seat so it's going to be 2 hours watching the big video screen but I can't wait!

Perhaps this really is The Last Time.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: June 18, 2007 22:39

I think that when you are part of an audience like Saturdays the concept of warhorse complaining just sucks bigtime. Satisfaction......a party for the masses.

Oily.

Posted by: SWojtek ()
Date: June 19, 2007 13:05

Guys,
Everything was already said but allow me to post my short review here.
I just came back home (Poland) yesterday late night from Paris and I still hear some sounds and see some pictures from Saturday’s show. It was my Stones concert No10 and what a jubilee!! As all wrote before: what a fantastic show! Great, great sound, guys in perfect shape, wonderful set list and of course absolutely amazing Can’t You Hear Me Knocking! For me that was the highlight of the night. But I must admit: the old, always played but never boring Symphaty for The Devil gave me a goose pimples.
IORR report says: “Fans had been coming in from UK by the Eurostar, by trains and cars from The Netherlands, Belgium, and of course most fans from France”. Let’s add to that: also fans from Poland.
The day after the concert we (me+family) visited Pere Lachaise. Polish people are great patriots especially when they are abroad so for us it was “a must” to see the place where the great polish composer Frederic Chopin rests in peace. Not far from there another musician: Jim Morrison. Standing there I could not escape from the thoughts, what would they say about yesterday’s concert. Well, definitely their opinion would differ as much as music they compose but they all have few things in common. For sure they have overcome millions with emotions.
Just by curiosity I put 3 names in Google (.pl):
Chopin: 12 200 000
Rolling Stones: 10 100 000
Jim Morrison: 2 250 000
Does this mean anything? Anyone can interpret this the way she/he wants. To me it simply means they made / still make a history of music.
The Stones are a living legend and we still have a chance to be a part of their show, so let’s go to see them again and again. Some says: Keith’s goofs, wrong verses, mixed riffs, let’s be more critical… well, I say let’s not be that technical, let’s enjoy the rock’n’roll circus. I remember one comment on the radio long time ago during the review of one of the Sting CD. One of the critics said: “the music is so perfect, so ideal and so technically faultless that makes me sick”. Nothing to add.

My next show: Warsaw. Hope to see you there guys and I promise the crowd will be at least as fantastic as in Paris

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: June 19, 2007 14:20

My pictures!

I had a great show, we all did and I really enjoyed meeting Paulywaul and Flairville to exchange tickets earlier on the day. The IORR-sweater prooved to be very uselful ;-)

I won't write much about the show, it was just Great. Ronnie on CYHMK, seeing LSTNT and WOAF... She Was Hot, It's All Over Now, watching Keith screwing up Happy to the extend that even my sister laughed and said: what's HE doing... But he fully acknoledged it himself in between the songs so he's forgiven if you ask me.

I took some pictures on my mobile phone, two during Sympathy, capturing GREAT camerashots on the main screen... looks like those of the Ronnie&Keith-pictures you find of shows from the 75/76/78 tours...

Here they are.

and a great one of the stage:

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: July 6, 2007 07:18

i would loved being in Paris, but i read the review and i just think: have u been in Buenos Aires to compare with the last one in Paris? or another show ever?

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: June 16, 2008 00:06

It was a year ago today!

bartfrombrussels
Senior Food Critic IORR

?Remember Vilvoorde?
94 concerts & counting

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 16, 2008 01:41

It was so great!!!!!! Jumpin' jack Flash smoked!!!!! And Satisfaction still on the main stage (much better, if you ask me).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-16 01:55 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 16, 2008 01:47

Yes! So glad I was able to be at Stade de France. Here's to more Stones shows!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 16, 2008 09:58

From the first song, u knew it was much better than Werchter and Nijmegen, dont know about Isle of Wight, missed that show.

A memorable show for me for many reasons. But topped by the following show Lyon.

p

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: June 16, 2008 17:34

Happy was definitely the highlight of the show!smiling smiley We were on the side and saw Bruce Willis. Suprised how much room there was in the Golden Circle compared to 2003 when it was jammed pack with people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-16 17:35 by georgeV.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1427
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home