Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help... what month is 'mid-summer' in the States?
Posted by: Sway65 ()
Date: June 12, 2007 14:09

Here we go again...I was just reading a bit of info today about the 'Biggest Bang' DVD set- specifically, it's international release date according to 'BestBuy'(I live in Australia). Frustratingly, 'BestBuy' website says it will be available internationally 'mid-summer in the States'. Could some kind soul please tell me what month 'mid-summer in the states' correlates to? I don't know why these websites do this. Do they assume that all persons living outside of the U.S have a thorough knowledge of the various seasons in America, and which calendar months they correspond to? And what is the point of giving an international release date as 'mid-summer in the states', when this is meaningless info for those of us in other parts of the world, and Americans already have the set, or are about to get it!!

Sorry...I've calmed down now. Just frustrated 'cos when 'Live Licks' (or 'Four Flicks' as it was called here in Oz) was released, I had to post the very same question as this!! Help greatly appreciated.

Re: Help... what month is 'mid-summer' in the States?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 12, 2007 14:44

This is mid-summer now..its the same time in the US as everywhere else in the northern hemisphere (June 21st is the exact date)

as its been widely reported on numerous other threads that the DVD is already available as of June 12th, so you should be able to get it now.

Whether they export it is another thing.

Posted by: Sway65 ()
Date: June 12, 2007 14:50

Thanks for the info, Gazza!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 12, 2007 15:10

For the Record I can tell you, from the Land of the Midsummer,
Midummers Eve and Mid Summer's Day is certain dates.
Now is Not midsummer here. But it's "Scools-Out-Days"...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home