Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15
Re: Nijmegen
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 9, 2007 04:18

oooooooooooooh, very harsh

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: June 9, 2007 04:18

Mathijs, with respect, this is a delirium...

Hey, two years ago you "was" band's "doctor"... You could say how and why exactly Keith "lost his brain" , etc, etc. Now, my friend, who exactly do you impersonate? Are you a band's intimate friend who does hear their confessions about what they want or not?? Impressive... You must be a superman...

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: June 9, 2007 04:25

actually the band were all up for this tour EXCEPT keith. Keith now appears to have changed his mind- by all accounts he served it tonight.

OLDKR

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: June 9, 2007 04:27

It was so much better than last year!

Posted by: KingBee ()
Date: June 9, 2007 04:37

rooster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was so much better than last year!

Right you are!!!! Feels so good to have seen a show like this again!

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: June 9, 2007 04:44

> Mathijs
> ps to Baboon Bro: this is my last post concerning
> the tour nobody wanted -including the band and the
> fans- but the Stones had to do it because it was
> all part of the contract with Michael Cohl.

I doubt it.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: June 9, 2007 04:45

Well, probably some gigs of the current leg will be on higher or on lower level than others from 2006. But does it bring to light whether the band ...wanted to do the tour?? This thought would be crazy...

Posted by: Diederik ()
Date: June 9, 2007 09:20

Well in my humble opinion, this was a great gig. These four older men had a lot of fun and played better then last year in Amsterdam. Pity that they only played 19 songs.

Posted by: Nelson ()
Date: June 9, 2007 09:58

Mathijs
ps to Baboon Bro: this is my last post concerning the tour nobody wanted -including the band and the fans- but the Stones had to do it because it was all part of the contract with Michael Cohl.

So, Do you really think that Mick Jagger dont wont to perform on stage?
You are just to much,thats "The joke of the year".

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: June 9, 2007 10:05

Mathijs, you really start to be pathetic and boring now, so let it go, okay?

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: June 9, 2007 10:11

Great crystal clear sound this time, in fact the best I ever experienced. And a good show too! And yes, Ronnie's back on the track again!

Let it rock!

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: June 9, 2007 10:23

And, why is Mathijs wrong with his point here? All of you now bashing him know exactly what he means and that he's right! But hey, it's the Stones, we'll pay 600 Euro next time just to sink into the mud like in Werchter.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 9, 2007 10:43

When I go to a show, I know what to expect. I just hope that Ronnie and Keith act a bit professional and finally I hope to hear something I never heard before. Like in Milano "Con le mie lacrime". And the first part in Werchter (not for the very first time but still...). I just know I can't wish for more for a stadium show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-09 10:45 by Harm.

Posted by: funky_fi ()
Date: June 9, 2007 10:51

The fans didn't want this tour??? Yeah right! That's why tens of thousands of tickets have been sold - so far... I'm a fan and I'm thrilled!!! So ner...

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: June 9, 2007 11:16

funky_fi Wrote:
> The fans didn't want this tour??? Yeah right!
> That's why tens of thousands of tickets have been
> sold - so far... I'm a fan and I'm thrilled!!! So
> ner...

Or why thousands of ticket haven't been sold....

Date: June 9, 2007 11:26

rknuth Wrote:

> Or why thousands of ticket haven't been sold....

Last year heaps of Sydney tickets didn't sell either but by the time the show started the place was packed. And the seating levels at that stadium go about 6 stories high - you can't see a thing but FANS went anyway.

Posted by: Star ()
Date: June 9, 2007 12:05

can't believe some of you are still moaning - obviously do not have the Stones running through their blood like me...

"till the next time..."

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 9, 2007 12:06

It's very obvious the Stones have to perform a set amount of concerts, and have to reach a certain amount of revenue -this is the deal with Michael Cohl. Several concerts were cancelled last year, and the Stones are now contractually obliged to perform another string of concerts.

The Stones don't have anything to say in this matter, they sold the rights to Cohl, that's part of the deal.

Mathijs

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: June 9, 2007 12:12

Mathijs is right. they had to do it.

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: June 9, 2007 12:12

Mathijs Wrote:
> >> this is my last post concerning
> the tour nobody wanted -including the band and the
> fans- but the Stones had to do it because it was
> all part of the contract with Michael Cohl.

Obviously not.

Date: June 9, 2007 12:14

How do you know all this Mathjis? I read that the Stones would be making up for all the cancelled gigs cos so many fans missed out - it's better than ripping those fans off!
I've come to a conclusion... you ARE Michael Cohl! Aren't you?!
Seriously... what would you know about show biz contracts and obligations and deals between Michael Cohl and the Rolling Stones?
Go on... it's you turn now... let the bullshitting begin!!!!

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: June 9, 2007 12:16

I for one, certainly hope that it isn't the last post from Mathijs concerning this tour. I like to discuss the current state of the band with everybody on the board, wether it is Mathijs or anybody else.

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: June 9, 2007 12:20

when did mathijs have anything positive to say on the board?

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: June 9, 2007 12:22

Mathijs, I have great respect four your knowledge on many details about the band and their music.
I absolutely loved what you did with Flip The Switch.

I'm just an ordinary fan. I cannot tell if Keith is in the wrong key or anything.

But I have seen maybe two dozen shows since 82, including Vredenburg.. I have seen four shows in 2006 and still last night for me was a great night.

Surely Ron missed a few notes in CYHMK. so what. To me it seemed the band was enjoying themselves. They played very well by my standards. The guitars were way more prominent than few years ago when (to my liking) Chuck and the horns carried the tunes mostly.
I thought the show was very good
Enough variation or difference to last year
Sound was very good too where I was standing. In spite the rain, and the traffic I was glad we weren't in the Arena.
Even Pluvious was showing respect. The rain stopped just in time.

I'm sure that if we had an Iorr.org back in 1967 people would complain about the setlist, the sound, the clothing, the ticketprices etc. People would have complained about Brians playing or micks singing.
If we had Iorr.org in 1970 we would have complaints about the musical direction of the band, how Mick T could not come close to Brian, about mick wearing a tutu, about ticket prices.

I love what they do. I think they are more original then for instance: The Who (nice but nothing new. merely a sort of a revival), Roger Water (I love him but he tries to stay as close to the record as possible), The Doors (I love them but more or less a tribute to themselves). The Rolling Stones are still original and true to themselves in my book.

Mathijs could you name a few highlights about last night or about anythinng the Stones have done recently?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-09 12:25 by Promoman.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 9, 2007 12:26

I don't have a problem with any comments. I think it's healthy.
The more cynical and critical viewpoints counter the rather rose tinted picture that many of us [me included] tend to have. It's makes us question things and, hopefully, arrive at sensibly grounded conclusions.
At the end of the day, none of it takes away any of the thrill and enjoyment I still get from seeing and hearing this band work.
It's all good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-09 14:09 by Spud.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 9, 2007 12:36

I also don't have any problems to be critical (it's healty to be critical).

So if 5% of your post is critical it's no problemo but if it's 95% it gets a little bit borring

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 9, 2007 12:37

in fact it sounds like Mathijs is being positive about the first eight numbers
(saying "literally the show was over after the eighth song" isn't correct -
"literally" doesn't mean "according to my personal standards" - but let's say i know what he means.)
that's quite a lot, given how hard to please Mathijs is! go baby go :E

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 9, 2007 12:53

The setlist in Nijmegen was truly great, although I'd rather have fancied IORR or Sympathy as encore.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 9, 2007 13:21

I'm myself caught in the limbo in-between being
(a) Colored by sheer scepticism in a healthy way
(b) Enthusiastic as a Stones-virgin which era will end
on the 38th Anniversary Day On The First Man On The Man
(c) Still wondering about Mathijs sensimilla garden
(d) Honured that Mathijs got me so many new google-hot-spots

Re: Nijmegen set lists and reports
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 9, 2007 13:44

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home