Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Tesla
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 7, 2007 15:59

Hey did anyone else happen to pick up this CD and have tickets to see them this year? It's a 2CD release, but the 2nd CD you only get if you purchase a ticket to see them at a headlining concert - fairs & festivals don't count. Just wondering if anyone has the 2nd CD yet.

Re: OT - Tesla
Posted by: orange cow ()
Date: June 7, 2007 16:34

i will be seeing them this month at a club on the 23rd.
i don't have the 2nd CD i am looking foward to getting it

how does the cover of HTW sound?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-07 16:43 by orange cow.

Date: June 7, 2007 18:24

So you didn't get the CD with your tix? It must be sumthing then that you get at the venue I'd gather. You know HTW is not bad, the guitar isn't quite the riff sound that we're used to, but it's pretty good. There are a lot of great covers on there though. Space Truckin, Bell Bottom Blues (which is probably my fave, though not a Derek & the Dominoes fan), Ball of Confusion, Rock Bottom. And their version of War Pigs on the Bestbuy bonus disc, which will be on Disc 2 is really good too.

I've always thought that they do a good job covering songs.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: June 7, 2007 18:32

Keith is a huge Tesla fan. Nikola Tesla, of course.

Posted by: orange cow ()
Date: June 7, 2007 18:58

i have not bought tix yet. i didn't know about a 2nd CD until i read this

Date: June 7, 2007 19:52

Yeah I was kind of bummed because the new album RealtoReel lists songs for 2CDs, but when I opened it there was a big blurb about the only way to get the 2nd disc was to buy a ticket to one of their headlining shows this summer, which of course is coming nowhere near me! UGH

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 7, 2007 23:38

I saw them for the first time earlier this year at "Stripped On The Strip," a one off VH1 sponsored multi act gig. They were probably the best band of the night. Also taped them live in the studio on KLOS yesterday which I might put up on a torrent site in the next few days when I have some free bandwidth. Never really got into them back in the day but their older stuff sounds really good and a lot less dated than some of their contemporaries.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 8, 2007 05:47

I love Tesla. I heard their version of Led Zeppelin's Thank You,on their latest album. Very good. I beleive they also do a version of Honkey Tonk Woman on there. I heard them play live on a local radio station recently,very good.....In fact I haven't looked for it yet. But if your a Tesla fan,there is suppose to be a video clip of them playing at this radio station............www.107.7thebone.com.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-08 05:49 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: June 21, 2007 15:47

Orange Cow,
Have you gone to the Tesla show yet? If so, how does one get the 2nd cd??
thanks
VL

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 21, 2007 20:10

There is a small mention on the outer packaging that Disc 2 is not included...

Date: June 25, 2007 21:31

Yes, you need to purchase tickets to see them on tour this year, and I'm wondering if it comes with the tickets, or if it can be bought at the show.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1963
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home