Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Singer not the Song
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: June 3, 2007 21:02

Every time i play Decembers....i think this song is so funny..who is singing with Jagger?Feeling bad? play Decembers....i wish they would play more early shit....I love the R&R and blues tunes...and hell they can pay the blues andthey are R&R!!''the singer not the song'''was that the stones trying to be pop???it has the same mood as Congratulations....wich is pretty good also....A Long Long While is pure Soul!!!Or Child of the moon...or Complicated...all sold out...those songs beg for more atention..they have been overlooked...and they sound so cool in 2007!!!And LMDRS is cool to...i count the days now!

Re: The Singer not the Song
Date: June 3, 2007 21:07

And ''Gotta get Away'''and Blue turns to grey'' i really like those tunes!!

Re: The Singer Not the Song
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 3, 2007 21:09

>> was that the Stones trying to be pop? <<

not only "trying to be"! sweet harmonies :E

Date: June 3, 2007 21:11

Yeah!!! was that Keith??

Posted by: maine road ()
Date: June 3, 2007 21:15

Some of the songs mentioned were on the album 'No Stone Unturned' which I used to love but which never got put onto CD meaning that I no longer have 'Whose Driving Your Plane' and 'Stoned'

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 3, 2007 21:16

>> was that Keith?? <<

yeah, the Glimmer Twins doin Beatle Harmonies :E
Take It or Leave It is another one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-03 21:17 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 3, 2007 21:18

I'll take it !

Date: June 3, 2007 21:25

maine road Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some of the songs mentioned were on the album 'No
> Stone Unturned' which I used to love but which
> never got put onto CD meaning that I no longer
> have 'Whose Driving Your Plane' and 'Stoned'

Thats the spirit..I was playing that album with Unturned''i have the lp....great harmony sista Soul! and Erik...Cheers!!! and in case of Elvis its the singer!!! And with Dylan it is sometimes the song!!His voice during Nashville skyline was beautifull....strange aint it??

Date: June 3, 2007 21:33

Still love to see and hear Dylan...exciting set list!! and ''No Stone Unturned has pictures from 1970 on the cover and ...its from the ''lage d or'' des Rolling Stones..nice lp s have another blue one with the boys really Stoned allready in the seventies haze but Brian was still alive..one of the last group pics with him i think.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 3, 2007 21:40

Cha-cha-cha...cheers Rooster
So you got the Lage d or series, Rooster, yes those are terrific collectors items

Date: June 3, 2007 21:55

Yes I bought those lps in the late seventies so funny and nice...the mix i mean''Unturned''doesnt even have a big hit or warhorse....To me at that time almost every tune i heard was ....well i started to buy those things in 77 and everyting you heard you just could not believe it!! So Good!!I thought it was Punk!!!...so that wa real fun...and it did se my mind free...cause the Stones id all of those style s Funk...disco...Soul...i was a hardrocking -punk kid...and they brought me the blues and the funk and the soul!!!It amazes me that an R&R band did this!!I learned so much about black music ..they gave it to me..thats real good...i was a punk...and to me in 78 they also was the greatest punk band!!I still think so!!

Posted by: maine road ()
Date: June 3, 2007 22:45

Just dug out my 'No Stone Unturned'LP.

'Sad Day' is another song on the album that I used to like and don't have now on CD. If memory serves me right this is a decent song.

As Rooster says not a warhorse on it but an album that's well worth listening to. (If you can stil play vinyl)

Date: June 4, 2007 00:56

love the song (as if my username didn't indicate that) - that final harmony at the end (on "the song") is one my top ten 'Stones Moments.'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-04 01:00 by the singer not the bong.

Date: June 4, 2007 06:00

And that version of ''Money'' is to wild to be true!!!!it givesyou the R&R fever!!!

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 4, 2007 06:48

The Stones' version of "Money" needs to be heard in Mono! Blows the Beatles version away. That is a howling harmonica.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 4, 2007 07:07

Money - Mono on More Hot Rocks SACD

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home