Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Warm up act Oslo??
Date: May 22, 2007 12:21

any info on that yet?

Re: Warm up act Oslo??
Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: May 22, 2007 12:29

Rumour: Madrugada. They're on the same label, and the show's not completely sold out...

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: May 22, 2007 12:46

Not Madrugada, but My Midnight Creeps (Robert Buraas from Madrugada).
For sure Norways best Rock band right now!

You can listen to some of their last album "Histamin" here:
[www.mymidnightcreeps.com]

Just a wonderfull live band !!

All the Best!

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: May 22, 2007 12:58

Oh! I know! And Robert is a true Stones-fan. I've met him at Stones-concerts several times. Not only in Norway, but at the MSG in NY, too! That would be a good idea, but I suppose the promotor thinks that Madrugada is more of an audience magnet. Just because they've become a household name... But they're brilliant!

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: May 22, 2007 13:12

MMC have by now sold 10.000 of Histamin and are much
more "Hot" just now than Madrugada.
Also a point is that Madrugada is NOT working now.
Sivert is also on on tour - solo .......

Rumours have been that MMC just have been waiting for the finale
"go ahed" - only thing is that they just have changed the date for
Øyafestivalen, Oslo to 8/8 ????

All the Best!

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: May 22, 2007 17:53

Anyone know how many tickets are left in Oslo (I'm asking for a friend of mine)?

Posted by: stein ()
Date: May 22, 2007 18:03

I read 5000 about 4 weeks ago, but who knows whats right.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 27, 2007 20:25

Van to 'Mick' it to Slane?
Sunday, May 27, 2007
By John McGurk

Stone me . . . Van Morrison could be vying for the title of king of the castle with Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger!
For rumours are rife 'Van the Man' will be one of the Stones' special guests at the Slane summer festival.
A total of 80,000 tickets were snapped up for The Rolling Stones' return to the Co Meath estate 25 years after their first gig there.
Morrison - aiming to score his fourth consecutive UK Top 20 hit album next month - has already signed up to support the ageing rockers at a number of their European stadium shows this summer.
He has confirmed special guest slots in Norway, Belgium, Holland, Finland, Sweden and Denmark in July and August.
As yet, no support acts have been announced for the Slane bill.
However, speculation is growing the 61-year-old Belfast musician will make his second Slane festival appearance, following a brief encore spot with Bob Dylan in 1984.
A spokesman for MCD Promotions told Sunday Life he could not confirm if Morrison will support the Stones in Ireland.
What is certain, though, is that Morrison will play two sold-out shows at the Guinness Blues On The Bay Festival in Warrenpoint today.
He releases a new compilation album - The Best of Van Morrison Volume 3 - on June 11.
The 31-track double CD features a selection of famous songs, special live versions of fan favourites, rare remixes and two unreleased tracks.
One of the previously unheard tunes - Cry For Home, a duet with Tom Jones - will be released as a digital download on June 4.
The other unreleased track is a version of long-time favourite Tupelo Honey performed with American country star Bobby Bare.

[www.sundaylife.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home