Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Tusk Fleetwood Mac
Posted by: django ()
Date: May 17, 2007 23:46

What is your opinion on that album? I gave it a second listen (the 2CD deluxe ed.) after a long time and I must say it's @#$%& brilliant IMO. Good songs and arrangements and a unique sounding single (Tusk). I can remember that we were all very disappointed when it came out in 1979. As the follow-up to Rumours the record sounded a little bit boring and also unfinished. But now it seems that it has improved over the years (to my ears). Like good wine or something. What do you think about it, do you like it too?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-17 23:54 by django.

Re: OT: Tusk Fleetwood Mac
Date: May 18, 2007 00:14

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. The band in mega-montage-frightening musical closeup. Just brilliant. I'd buy it for every friend I had at Christmas!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 18, 2007 00:39

Did it really have to be a double album?

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: May 18, 2007 01:51

..... no one would 'want' to follow rumours, especially fleetwood mac... i happen to catch the tusk show at the forum,, ,, let me put it this way,they did not open for anyone,, lindseys guitar cut right into your brain... by the way, nicks is hugh with the women on the west coast,,, they were a great band, cut great records but another coke family causality that has touched many of us..

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 18, 2007 01:57

Fleetwood might have gotten the MOR connotation from the mega sales of "Rumors" and maybe the ladies don't fit someone's hard rocking rock image. But Lindsey Buckingham is way up there. I have all four of his solo albums, and his stuff with Mac is brilliant.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: May 18, 2007 02:14

.... was surprised and it was good to see someone mention christine mcvie on that attractive female singer thread a couple of weeks ago... make no mistake, shes very cool.. and was a major cog of the fleetwood wheel.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 18, 2007 03:47

Mick Fleetwood always felt sales were hurt by a radio broadcast special and the playing of the entire album the night before the official release. He mentions it in his autobiography.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 18, 2007 05:43

soundcheck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .... was surprised and it was good to see someone
> mention christine mcvie on that attractive female
> singer thread a couple of weeks ago... make no
> mistake, shes very cool.. and was a major cog of
> the fleetwood wheel.

Yeah but have you seen Stevie Nicks lately? She is 50 and looks great....She swears she has never had any plastic surgery.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 18, 2007 20:50

This is one of my all time favorite albums. It is a great double album, every tune on it is essential... I love the production, very Exile/White Album in that some tunes are rough, some are polished, some are sweet and some are gritty. FM's best, imo. Hugely underrated or, rather, just plain forgotten.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 18, 2007 21:16

Love Tusk, the album, the primal sound of the song itself. The whole album is a masterpiece!

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: May 18, 2007 22:17

Never cared for the "Girlie Mac"...however their founding member, MR. Peter Green, did things on the guitar that no one ever else did...the greatest blues artist ever, imho.

JR

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: May 18, 2007 22:22

I play that album in my car...this boy didnt like Mac ..way back in the seventies....but hell i like them now!!! and Tusk is great!!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: May 18, 2007 22:25

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
> Fleetwood might have gotten the MOR connotation
> from the mega sales of "Rumors" and maybe the
> ladies don't fit someone's hard rocking rock
> image. But Lindsey Buckingham is way up there. I
> have all four of his solo albums, and his stuff
> with Mac is brilliant.

She sung''I rather go Blind'''thats so good but Etta James had a even better version!!

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: May 18, 2007 23:56

trainarollin Wrote:
> Mick Fleetwood always felt sales were hurt by a
> radio broadcast special and the playing of the
> entire album the night before the official
> release. He mentions it in his autobiography.

Sales were also hurt because most double LPs at the time were going for $10 but the TUSK list price was $18 - price played a big part in the low sales. Plus there were no real hits on it like RUMOURS.

It doesn't matter to me, it's the later Fleetwood Mac's best. If my house was on fire I'd grab my TUSK CD as I was running out the door. It's my "on a desert island" disc.

So what do I think of it? I think it's double @#$%&ing brilliant!

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: May 19, 2007 00:04

i found it boring...too hard to follow up the preceding 2

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: May 19, 2007 03:58

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
>
> Yeah but have you seen Stevie Nicks lately? She is
> 50 and looks great....She swears she has never had
> any plastic surgery.

actually she turns 59 on may 26. she looked good last time i saw a pic, although she definitely could lose a few pounds.

drew

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home