Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Wilco!
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 17, 2007 22:27

The new Wilco album, Sky Blue Sky, is gorgeous. A really monumental album, I think. Great guitar, great feel. I cannot recommend it enough.

Re: OT: Wilco!
Posted by: Stones CAT ()
Date: May 18, 2007 12:06

Yes !

I'll see them at Primavera Sound Festival, Barcelona in a few days ... with other bands like Withe Stripes, Samshing Pumpkins, Band of Horses, Patti Smith ...

Great Festival !

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 18, 2007 12:09

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: May 20, 2007 03:17

I've been listening to Wilco's brand-new Sky Blue Sky all week.

One of the stand-outs is "Hate It Here." It has a soulful groove that I wish that the Stones would explore more often. Great lyrics and vocal delivery from Jeff Tweedy: "What are I'm gonna do when I run out of shirts to fol'?/What am I gonna do when I run out of lawn to mow?"

Can't wait for Wilco's return to the U.S.

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: May 21, 2007 08:06

this is the best album I've heard in a long long time. Get the version w/ DVD, this time it's really worth it. three guitarists and not a bit cluttered. love the way many of those instrumental passages deviate from the song, yet blend in perfectly. it's all very organic and beautiful, not overproduced and sugarcoated.

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: May 22, 2007 09:51

Just got it as a birthday present. I had time to listen only the opening track before getting to work.. tonight I´ll do the whole album.

Never heard the band before, the first spontaneus impression was a little bit Tom Petty stylish, not bad at all!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1922
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home