Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT Hillary
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 9, 2007 18:48

....or are you going to call me a "friggin crackpot?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-09 18:50 by Lukester.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: May 9, 2007 18:51

Lukester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe it too FrankM......are you going to call
> me an "insane nut" too

Yes I will and without hesitancy. I don't get on someone's case for being against the war or hating George W. Bush but when you mention him in the same sentence as @#$%& and Stalin and accuse him of sending soldiers off to die in a war for oil then yes you are a crackpot- no two ways about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-09 19:27 by FrankM.

Date: May 9, 2007 18:55

....and you are talking just like a fascist....look it up.......ever heard of free speech?....free thinking?

I don't criticize you for your opinion......and neither did voodoolounge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-09 18:57 by Lukester.

Date: May 9, 2007 18:57

Free speech? What just for you? You can say any insane thing you want to say but I have the freedom to say you are a nut. The sad truth is the democratic party is filled with great people even though I may disagree with them on many issues- but it's nuts like you that give the party a bad name.

Date: May 9, 2007 19:00

....still throwing insults Frank?.........those who know me don't call me a nut......most of them refer to me as very well educated.....and as one who doesn't insult others...

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: May 9, 2007 19:09

The "net" of all this nonsense - if you DARE to disagree with lukie and his gang that means YOU are ALWAYS wrong. Translation: no tolerance.

Kinda of funny though, thought they were all about tolerance. Oh well.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 9, 2007 19:11

Wow people, I can't believe we've stooped to insulting each other. We've all got our opinions on things this is true, but to go this level is unnecessary. I am a bit amazed at the level of support that some still have for Dubya. All of the republicans that I know (with the exception of my dad, who is almost as radical a born-again Christian) have also turned against Dubya, admitting that the man is out of control.

Do I disagree that Saddam was a threat? No. Do I think the way it was handled correct? No. There was no solid proof of WMD. At first, I thought Dubya was goin in to avenge his father's failure, but then it became more clear that it was only to line his and his friends pockets that much more, and that is wrong. We had no proof against the man, and when we consulted the world and they disagreed, we did it anyway without hard, physical evidence. Now we have Iran developing Nukes to destroy Israel and/or ourselves - are we going to take them on too? Why not the US against the whole Middle East?? England's tiring of the war just as much, if not more, and I wouldn't surprised if they didn't pull out and leave the US stumbling thru its blunder.

Truth be told, we have plenty of chances to develop and produce alternative fuels, but the oil companies keep these ideas at bay, when in fact they should be the first ones to embrace and pioneer the technology, this way they wouldn't be losing market share as we convert over and say a big FU to the arab nations, but noooooooooo can't do that.

The truth of the matter is that the Republican party cares about one thing and one thing only: pleasing corporate America at the expense of the rest of us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-09 19:14 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: May 9, 2007 19:14

So you are right about everything. And no one is allowed to ever disagree with you.

Date: May 9, 2007 19:17

Lukester Wrote:
> ....still throwing insults Frank?.........those
> who know me don't call me a nut......most of them
> refer to me as very well educated.....and as one
> who doesn't insult others...

Jesus man spare the high horse piousness. You don't throw insults at people? You insult a man you don't even know personally and accuse him of sending soldiers to die for oil. It's better doing that than isulting someone directly?

Again I don't insult people for being anti war or anti Bush- there are many points of view in the world but when you make radical statements you will get insulted and franky most people in the democratic party would also think you are a nut for making those statements too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-09 19:39 by FrankM.

Date: May 9, 2007 19:19

aslecs (aka scelsa).....I never said anybody was wrong......you should read more carefully.....

Date: May 9, 2007 19:20

wasn't talkin to u...

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: May 9, 2007 19:21

Lukester Wrote:
> ahem.....don't you think Michael Moore's ownership
> in Halliburton stock was necessary to be able to
> attend their annual stockholders' meetings to ask
> tough questions of the board of directors?

There's no evidence that he did. In fact, he didn't because he would DEFINITELY have filmed himself doing it.

Then he sold the stock and went and invested the profits into the kind of companies he railed against in Roger & Me.

Nothing wrong with making money as long as you don't lie about it. Made he should change his name to "Millions Moore".

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: May 9, 2007 19:21

Lukester Wrote:
> ahem.....don't you think Michael Moore's ownership
> in Halliburton stock was necessary to be able to
> attend their annual stockholders' meetings to ask
> tough questions of the board of directors?

There's no evidence that he did. In fact, he didn't because he would DEFINITELY have filmed himself doing it.

Then he sold the stock and went and invested the profits into the kind of companies he railed against in Roger & Me.

Nothing wrong with making money as long as you don't lie about it. Made he should change his name to "Millions Moore".

Date: May 9, 2007 19:30

I think most people in the Democratic party would agree with my statement of sending soldiers to die for oil. They just wouldn't have the political balls to say it themselves.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 9, 2007 19:30

I usually stay out of political threads on here, but needed to say this.

It's a sign of intelligence to listen to views that differ from yours and to consider them. I sure wish Bush would have done this. Hell, I wish he would do this now.

While I'm basically conservative, I could see this war was a bad idea with no exit strategy. Still, my liberal friend Lukester and I can have a discourse about things without resorting to name calling or worse. Maybe it's our southern upbringing - courtesy and respect for others still has a place in our part of the world.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 9, 2007 19:32

Regime change in Iraq was US policy from October 1998. The Iraq Liberation Act was signed by Mrs Clinton's husband in October, and the US attacked Iraq in December... 1998....

[en.wikipedia.org]

...I'm seeing double....

If I'm the voice of reason, this is a f&*%ing scary place! winking smiley

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: May 9, 2007 19:39

....thanks, my conservative Southern friend Elmo.....there shall be no talking of politics during our Braves/debauchery event

Date: May 9, 2007 19:42

Maybe "The Politics Of Dancing" at The Cheetah! Or negotiating who'll buy the next round!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-09 19:45 by Elmo Lewis.

Date: May 9, 2007 19:43

.....now you're talking......

Date: May 9, 2007 19:54

VoodooLounge13 Wrote:
> I think most people in the Democratic party would
> agree with my statement of sending soldiers to die
> for oil. They just wouldn't have the political
> balls to say it themselves.

Well then I truly feel sorry for you and anyone who thinks that, since you are very delusional imo.

Posted by: imonlysleeping ()
Date: May 9, 2007 19:59

VoodooLounge13 Wrote:
> The man is
> friggin insane, and has alienated our great
> country from the rest of the world. We were
> already hated, and now it's been taken to a whole
> new level.

We Europeans generally do not hate America. From time to time we despise your leaders like Reagan or Bush. And at times we smile at your patriotism which seems a bit overdone. Or the religious zealots the press love to tell about. But the US is a great country to travel in and has brought a lot of good to the word. Like the blues. Without the blues there wouldn't have been any rolling stones.

Date: May 9, 2007 20:20

Natlanta,
I didn't say I didn't believe Iraq had no WMD just that we didn't find any. I don't believe OJ's innocent either, but there was no proof to convict me anymore than there was to justify a land war in Iraq. You see, Clinton was smart enough to attack from a far, without risking too much bloodshed...

Date: May 9, 2007 20:26

VoodooLounge13 Wrote:
> Natlanta,
> I didn't say I didn't believe Iraq had no WMD just
> that we didn't find any. I don't believe OJ's
> innocent either, but there was no proof to convict
> me anymore than there was to justify a land war in
> Iraq. You see, Clinton was smart enough to attack
> from a far, without risking too much bloodshed...

Clinton is one of the main reasons we are in this mess. His nonchalant attitude about terrorism- I guess he was too busy getting his lollipop licked.

Date: May 9, 2007 20:32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-09 20:37 by Lukester.

Date: May 9, 2007 20:37

Wow! I do believe that we would have been attacked regardless of who was in the oval office. Clinton was good enough to keep us out of world affairs, which, if you ask me, is how it should be. Let the rest of the world fend for themselves and tend to their own problems for a while.

You know I really don't care who was lickin his pop. He was one of the greatest presidents this country's ever had. Unemployment was an all-time low, times were good, and that's what we need: a return to the Peace and Prosperity.

Date: May 9, 2007 20:44

One of the greatest presidents we ever had? How can I take anything you say seriously after a statement like that.

He wasn't qualified to be the president of the hairclub for men.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 10, 2007 00:24

Off topic posts may be closed or deleted at any times. A few off-topic posts are allowed on a random basis at the discretion of the IORR Editor, just to keep a live and diversified discussion going, but if there are more than just one or a few off-topic posts going, or if they do not make sense on iorr, they may be closed or deleted. Please keep IORR on track i.e. related to the Stones and musicical subject, and please do NOT post anythink that is totaly off topic. Thank you.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home